Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Lol. Ok bud. Great job contributing to this thread with anything related to this recruitment.
So to be clear, they don't have any idea whether he will choose Bama or Kentucky but they know we are 3rd. That seems ridiculous to me. If they said they knew he was going to one or the other, fine. But not to know and the only thing they know for sure is that we are 3rd, I don't buy it. And I know people in that business and they have no idea where this kid is going to go.

The coaching staff was also optimistic about this team and how did that look last night? I find it a little strange that everyone nationally has us a distant third, but this staff feels good about our chances. This staff also recruited the players on this team. I have to question their judgment.
Not true. JB told anyone that would listen that this team wasn't ready. He thinks we will end up being good. But not right away.

So to be clear, they don't have any idea whether he will choose Bama or Kentucky but they know we are 3rd. That seems ridiculous to me. If they said they knew he was going to one or the other, fine. But not to know and the only thing they know for sure is that we are 3rd, I don't buy it. And I know people in that business and they have no idea where this kid is going to go.
It does seem ridiculous. Why are they all completely dismissing us? What are they basing this off of? Seems odd for everyone to keep saying the same stuff if they have no clue...shouldnt they be saying it's a 3 team race and we dont know where hes going to end up? Is it just for clicks? I doubt that because we have a bigger basketball following then Alabama does so shouldnt they be saying it's a 2 team race between cuse and UK?

It does seem ridiculous. Why are they all completely dismissing us? What are they basing this off of? Seems odd for everyone to keep saying the same stuff if they have no clue...shouldnt they be saying it's a 3 team race and we dont know where hes going to end up? Is it just for clicks? I doubt that because we have a bigger basketball following then Alabama does so shouldnt they be saying it's a 2 team race between cuse and UK?

Because SEC homers think the sun revolves around the states of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Lousiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Kentucky?

Our staff doesn’t want it being known that we like our chances.

No one is third. You either get picked, or you don't. The rest is BS.

What is the benefit to this? Honest question...not trying to be a jerk.

Have we ever known JB or our staff to talk to the media about prospective recruits, who we are recruiting or even what they think of unsigned commits? We are definitely not in the Danny Hurley camp in that regard.

well, IF they end up being wrong then I think it will be a great example of people just copying what other people think and pretending they actually know something or that they have a source because they have a twitter account and use google. There’s a lot of that in 2019. Sadly true.The world has become a giant game of telephone.

Even if they end up being “right” the above very well may still be the case.
True, and sadly so.

Have we ever known JB or our staff to talk to the media about prospective recruits, who we are recruiting or even what they think of unsigned commits? We are definitely not in the Danny Hurley camp in that regard.
Isnt this (talking about recruits) what may get Juwan Howard and Michigan in trouble with the NCAA? Believe that college coaches talking openly about prospective recruits is a NCAA violation.

Isnt this (talking about recruits) what may get Juwan Howard and Michigan in trouble with the NCAA? Believe that college coaches talking openly about prospective recruits is a NCAA violation.
Yea I'm not sure if that's how these recruiting sites get their info regarding where they stand with recruits but that's what people keep saying on here...our staff doesnt talk to the media so that we dont look like we are leading. I'm not so sure Calipari or Oats is doing that either. Dont a lot of these guys get into from "sources" like aau coaches/family members/friends/parents/kids themselves etc. I get that our staff probably talks to trusted friends but not sure about the media guys.

Last edited:
Yea I'm not sure if that's how these recruiting sites get their info regarding where they stand with recruits but that's what people keep saying on here...our staff doesnt talk to the media so that we dont look like we are leading. I'm not so sure Calipari or Oats is doing that either. Dont a lot of these guys get into from "sources" like aau coaches/family members/friends/parents/kids themselves etc. I get that our staff probably talks to trusted friends but not sure about the media guys.
Fair question and I have no idea.

However, I do feel like a lot of these social media “experts” throw a lot against the wall and hope it sticks. Knowing the situations in recruiting are fluid, they can change their predictions on a whim and still come across as “plugged in.”

Still think that a lot of them go for clicks and likes/retweets/etc. by playing favorable info to their homer base.

I trust our insiders here. We are a small community and I don’t believe the few here with knowledge are trying to earn “likes” on the Fan board by posting nonsense. These situations are fluid and can change regularly. If they end up with an incorrect prediction, it isn’t necessarily because their info was false. Whether one is dialed in or not, things in this game can change rather quickly until the ink is dried.

Fair question and I have no idea.

However, I do feel like a lot of these social media “experts” throw a lot against the wall and hope it sticks. Knowing the situations in recruiting are fluid, they can change their predictions on a whim and still come across as “plugged in.”

Still think that a lot of them go for clicks and likes/retweets/etc. by playing favorable info to their homer base.

I trust our insiders here. We are a small community and I don’t believe the few here with knowledge are trying to earn “likes” on the Fan board by posting nonsense. These situations are fluid and can change regularly. If they end up with an incorrect prediction, it isn’t necessarily because their info was false. Whether one is dialed in or not, things in this game can change rather quickly until the ink is dried.
Good post. This has definitely been a interesting recruitment. It hasnt unfolded like most do that's for sure. I wonder if this next week things start to come out and the picture becomes a bit clearer or if it stays quiet and keeps people guessing until the end.

Good post. This has definitely been a interesting recruitment. It hasnt unfolded like most do that's for sure. I wonder if this next week things start to come out and the picture becomes a bit clearer or if it stays quiet and keeps people guessing until the end.
And that is why I think I may have misinterpreted your earlier post today... nobody really knows. This has been a unique recruitment as it is rare such a high-profile recruit keeps their cards held so close to their vest.

From Bossi earlier today. Nothing new here just repeating himself from last week like all the others.

"The athletic shot-blocker has visited all three of his finalists and is all set to announce his decision on Saturday, Nov. 16. Word on the street has been that this has been a back and forth tug-of-war between Alabama and Kentucky while Syracuse just hasn't gotten much buzz. Alabama has been pegged as the team to beat by many, but it's awfully tough to bet against John Calipari at closing time."

Tipton edits who does most of these kids commitment edits and often times interviews these kids on IG live made his prediction for Isaiah tonight.

IMG_20191107_212409.jpg

Screenshot_20191107-212538_Instagram.jpg

Yeah...all these teas leaves are pointing in the right direction. I’m not saying he’s coming here for sure, but this is how I’d expect it to unfold.

If UK was the leader, we’d know it...and the Ambrose timing makes it look orchestrated by Bama as a plan “B” saving face announcement.

interesting to watch.
Boom

So percentage wise what are our chances?Should I be getting my hopes up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom