Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

The staff did a huge jpb with Kadary Richmond. Let's hope if IJ doesn't come then there is a nice Plan B.

I don't expect so. Seems they are recruiting him because he is a guy who could come in and be an immediate top contributor, not so much because of positional need. If they whiff, I bet they sit tight unless something changes in the spring.

I don‘t think it’s a coincidence that SU is never mentioned.

This. I pray our guys on this board are correct. But this seems to happen quite a bit where we try to convince ourselves that the national media doesn’t know anything or the crystal ball is whack. Maybe this family really is as tightly lipped as some have claimed and if so I’ll be the first to admit that I’m an idiot.

A lot of you are watching the game right now, but I just wanted you all to know this is currently me trying to persuade myself we're actually going to land this kid:

source.gif

I havent listened to it yet but here's the most recent podcast from UK guys...they talk to Isaiahs high school coach. Starts around 53 or 54 min mark. Bout to listen to it myself in a bit.

I havent listened to it yet but here's the most recent podcast from UK guys...they talk to Isaiahs high school coach. Starts around 53 or 54 min mark. Bout to listen to it myself in a bit.

post a summary if you can.

I havent listened...but here is the summary.

His HS coach doesnt know for sure where he is leaning...the family is keeping everything close. But its not Syracuse FOR SURE...think it comes down to Bama and UK...and I am leaning UK.
Woe is me. JB is washed up and cannot recruit. We are going to lose to Colgate. Kentucky is going undefeated this year. We should cancel the basketball program.

Just finished listening...actually gives me hope. The coach didn't give anything away but the one thing he says and has been said throughout this recruitment directly from his family/coaches is the "family" thing being a huge part of this. All these analysts/media and UK Homer's all want to dismiss syracuse but literally the "family" environment screams Syracuse more then any of the remaining schools and it's not even close. That's what our staff is built upon. Isaiah is introverted so the family thing is big. After the coach gets off the pod, the UK Homer's talk some more ish and dismiss cuse based off of literally nothing. The coach also mentions how all 3 would be great fits and mentions Syracuse's zone being the perfect match for a player like Isaiah. There wasnt a ton to go off of but it was worth the listen. Coach also said that as far as he knows it's not over and it will go down to the very end. We are definitely in this much more then any of the media guys are portraying. The "family" statements to me are telling. That is not UK and Oats is in his first year at a new school and trying to get established...we are the family!

Also worth noting that the UK guys towards the end mention that they have talked with someone they say is very connected to the recruiting scene and that the previous rumors of a 2021 big reclassifying to go to UK are serious and they see it happening. So probably paolo Banchero to UK likely...and still pursuing big cliff and greg brown. Not sure if I'm Isaiah looking at roster situations that I'd want to walk into all of that. UK guys are so conceited and spoiled that they think they should be able to get top 25 5 star recruits to come in and play back up or sit the bench for depth. That's not what these kids want.

I havent listened...but here is the summary.

His HS coach doesnt know for sure where he is leaning...the family is keeping everything close. But its not Syracuse FOR SURE...think it comes down to Bama and UK...and I am leaning UK.
Wait, you just said his coach doesn’t know where he’s leaning...yet you unequivocally state that it’s not Syracuse, “FOR SURE”!
Not saying he’s coming here, but why would you give a more definitive analysis than his own HSC? Are you connected, or a member of IJ’s family?
If the answer is no, then you’re in the same boat as everybody else...without a clue, no?

Wait, you just said his coach doesn’t know where he’s leaning...yet you unequivocally state that it’s not Syracuse, “FOR SURE”!
Not saying he’s coming here, but why would you give a more definitive analysis than his own HSC? Are you connected, or a member of IJ’s family?
If the answer is no, then you’re in the same boat as everybody else...without a clue, no?

He was being sarcastic.

Read the first line of the quote you posted very carefully.

he was joking...

Also worth noting that the UK guys towards the end mention that they have talked with someone they say is very connected to the recruiting scene and that the previous rumors of a 2021 big reclassifying to go to UK are serious and they see it happening. So probably paolo Banchero to UK likely...and still pursuing big cliff and greg brown. Not sure if I'm Isaiah looking at roster situations that I'd want to walk into all of that. UK guys are so conceited and spoiled that they think they should be able to get top 25 5 star recruits to come in and play back up or sit the bench for depth. That's not what these kids want.

You also have to wonder what happens with Richards and Montgomery. Neither look ready to jump.

Oh My...Has no one else read this thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom