Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

I never would have guessed UK if that’s what it ends up being here... I don’t wear orange glasses in any regard, but I truly thought his relationship with his dad and their bond was going to outweigh everything here. His dad wanted SU badly. But his dad isn’t playing here I guess. Usually the “family element” trumps everything when making a decision. This may be the outlier unfortunately

Sometimes it's the lore of Kentucky that's just to much. You see it all the time in football recruiting a guy will he committed to a mac or lower level D1 school for a while and as soon as a P5 school comes calling a lot of the time all that previous stuff goes out the window.

Goose is cooked.

1573920855115.png

Always feels like there’s a recruiting outlier when it comes to SU. Oh well, just need to develop the kids we do get. Hopefully we can get Benny in 2021.

Maybe he’ll make it look like all three by having a red hat, with an orange S on it, filled with cash.

LOL, they got that analogy backwards. Also, it’s always struck me as a stupid expression. Yes, chess is the cerebral, thinking man’s game. But if “everyone else” is playing checkers and you’re alone trying to play chess against no opponent, that makes you kind of stupid.

Isn’t that saying being used backwards?

Just spitballing here but I think for the kid it's always been UK once he got that offer. His dad seems like a great guy and had his son do his due diligence. There have been signs that have pointed to this throughout but the dad/family angle was hammered on here.(and for good reason because obviously the dad really liked us) I'd really laugh now though if it was us...man that would be amazing to watch all of these guys act so shocked. Wishful thinking.

This was always a bonus recruitment that kinda fell in our laps. Would of been amazing to land him but was kind of a outside chance.

I. Hate. Kentucky.

Keep in perspective that we only recently were in the running for this kid. Ultimately we are loaded with good, young talent that will develop into a solid roster of upperclassman. Jackson would have been amazing, but I like where I see our squad trending in the next year or two.

If the coaches don’t know it certainly isn’t us. Calipari is such a sleaze ball. Dude should be better than he is with all the top classes he gets.

I can promise you SU was never third. Something must have happened on that emergency trip Cal made to his house on Cals tour of recruiting trips. Because it was playing out exactly how it was expected. Amazing visit here, courtesy trip to Bama and then was making decision. Then up pops Cal in his house ! So frustrating but the guy puts in work and can selll any sales pitch he wants on 1 and done players. Sad but true

I just get so pissed off im so damn tired of not winning against this cheating bastard

I’ll never understand Kentucky when there’s only one ball.

They get so many of the top kids, at this point the percentage has to be going down of how many actually make it.

Personally I think Newton has as much or more upside.
Agreed, I’ll never understand it. Cal has created this fake narrative about his “ability” to get guys to the NBA, and he banks on the fact that these kids don’t make rational decisions. Look at how poorly Richards’ and EJ’s careers have gone at UK. Cal hasn’t developed either one and has recruited better players to replace them the past two cycles. That said, Isaiah is different. He’s an athletic freak and will be a great rim protector and rebounder for UK. I still think he’d be better off at Cuse where we’d develop him as an offensive player and he’d get more touches than he will at UK. Best of luck to IJ.

Last edited:
I can promise you SU was never third. Something must have happened on that emergency trip Cal made to his house on Cals tour of recruiting trips. Because it was playing out exactly how it was expected. Amazing visit here, courtesy trip to Bama and then was making decision. Then up pops Cal in his house ! So frustrating but the guy puts in work and can selll any sales pitch he wants on 1 and done players. Sad but true

If true, Quade all over again and look at how that worked out for him...took a Syracuse guy to give him a second chance and save his playing career.

The worst part is this kid isn’t a 1 and done talent. I think he’s going to end up like Marcus Lee if he goes there. Ride the pine for 2 years because he has no offense then transfer.

If true, Quade all over again and look at how that worked out for him...took a Syracuse guy to give him a second chance and save his playing career.

exactly and Jordan tucker also...just wait until he gets recruited over and they bring in three more guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom