Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Just stop. We were done with recruiting for this cycle and the kid called us. If we come up short, it will be too bad but we will move on to 2021. We have some very good young players.
Stop what I was wondering if we were recruiting any other bigs.

When Cal went to his home recently it was to tell pops that WWW was guaranteeing a $1 million shoe contract when the kid leaves UK. Done deal. Enjoy being the also ran in these derbys because as soon as NCAA OKs boosters paying players for their "likeness" we won't be in these things at all.

The cal and money thing is old. This kid liked UK from the start. Again there was signs pointing to this for awhile.

thats not what you said. You asked if we had a back up plan when we whiff. Like dasher said, we were done with the class. This came out of the blue because he reached out to us. You don’t say no to a kid with his talent.

It seems extremely odd to me that after all the family did to play this recruitment close to the vest, Mr. Jackson would essentially let the cat out of the bag during his interview yesterday by saying that UK is who they both like. I’m betting UK but let’s hope it was intentional smokescreen.

Keep in perspective that we only recently were in the running for this kid. Ultimately we are loaded with good, young talent that will develop into a solid roster of upperclassman. Jackson would have been amazing, but I like where I see our squad trending in the next year or two.
Who’s our “loaded” young talent. All I see are projects.

If he in fact chooses U.K., they’ll have half our recruits. Besides having had green, they have Richards and Montgomery whom someone thought we were in on. Then they have who was originally our #1 recruit last year, Khalil Whitney. Now it looks like Jackson. Hate them.

If he in fact chooses U.K., they’ll have half our recruits. Besides having had green, they have Richards and Montgomery whom someone thought we were in on. Then they have who was originally our #1 recruit last year, Khalil Whitney. Now it looks like Jackson. Hate them.
To be honest except Anthony Davis and the half season they got from Noel; none of the kids that chose UK over us panned out well at UK

No stop acting like this recruit was ever a make or break part of the plan. No question he would be a GREAT get, but as Dasher points out he was dropped in our lap out of nowhere 3 months ago....so he wasn't Plan A, Plan B, or Plan C and there are no eggs in any basket with regard to this recruitment...he is simply an opportunity that presented itself that we are trying to get in on.

Tune in at 2:02pm ET to find out if the staff pulled a rabbit out of a hat or not.

Kids wanting to play in the NBA don’t like playing games in the 50’s and playing zone. If you don’t think opposing coaches are using this against us you are kidding yourself. JB isn’t worried about kids playing in the NBA. He only wants to play his way no matter the consequences. Newton is not an impact player. He’s at least 2-3 years away. We lose our entire starting front court after next year with no impact players to replace them. There are no big time recruiters on this staff and JB isn’t willing to beat the bushes like he use to. I think his birthday is today. When your nearing 80, good luck relating to today’s players.

To be honest except Anthony Davis and the half season they got from Noel; none of the kids that chose UK over us panned out well at UK

Whitney has looked good so far. Much better than Guerrier. And Richards plays some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom