Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Disagree. If youve got a roster of solid recruits, most of them with experience, that have developed into good players you can compete nationally. These one and done factories with all the top 10 recruits haven’t been winning all the championships.
Announcers were talking about this specific topic the other night. Paraphrasing, but essentially said virtually every championship in the last 15 years have been teams with experienced seniors that have played together for a few years...one of the Duke teams being the notable exception. Suggesting of course that one-and-done players are not the real answer. Good, highly regarded college players who stick, are the better plan. Hope that’s right.

they were an 8 seed last year. that is not on the bubble.

i prefer to wait and see & doubt that is accurate, but you have plenty of company in the "glass half empty & full of holes" camp
No but it's still a long way from where we want to be. The days when our biggest selection Sunday concern was 3 or 4 seed.

Announcers were talking about this specific topic the other night. Paraphrasing, but essentially said virtually every championship in the last 15 years have been teams with experienced seniors that have played together for a few years...one of the Duke teams being the notable exception. Suggesting of course that one-and-done players are not the real answer. Good, highly regarded college players who stick, are the better plan. Hope that’s right.

SU may ultimately benefit from Guerrier taking time to develop.

SU may ultimately benefit from Guerrier taking time to develop.

That’s where having some depth in the program helps. He doesnt have to start right away because we have some decent options.

I can’t help but think that guys like Waiters, MCW, and Grant would’ve been one and done after putting up impressive counting stats inefficiently if we had no depth due to sanctions back then. We likely would’ve never seen their excellent sophomore seasons.

They finished 20-14 last year. Whether they were technically on the bubble, it was a mediocre season by SU standards.
yes, it was mediocre
but 8 seed is not on the bubble, not even technically. saying otherwise isn't spin, it's an outright falsehood.

We might but if this team is going to be good we need him to make an impact this year.

I sense we’ll see improvement but not to the point where he makes a big difference.

That’s where having some depth in the program helps. He doesnt have to start right away because we have some decent options.

I can’t help but think that guys like Waiters, MCW, and Grant would’ve been one and done after putting up impressive counting stats inefficiently if we had no depth due to sanctions back then. We likely would’ve never seen their excellent sophomore seasons.
SU has suffered from the perfect storm of recruiting bad luck... coming off sanctions... lose a kid to the GLeague... lose another top player to Seton Hall... a couple of unexpected early departures... those events are hard to roster-plan for.

SU has suffered from the perfect storm of recruiting bad luck... coming off sanctions... lose a kid to the GLeague... lose another top player to Seton Hall... a couple of unexpected early departures... those events are hard to roster-plan for.
I wouldn't call tt a top player.

True. We’ll be fine. We’ll continue to recruit players in the 50-100 range and above that will keep us capable of being a tourney team. But as far as landing elite players, players that will elevate the program to the next level, that’s not likely to happen until we see a coaching change. And even that doesn’t guarantee success there.
how do you know we don't have one of those already?
the venn diagram of elite college players and players rated 5 stars by the recruiting services is not even close to a perfect circle
images

That how long your uber takes to get to the mall?

I thought he was talking about the mall too. Which makes me realize that at some point I finally stopped calling it Carousel and switched over to Destiny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom