Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Frustrating but I didn't try to get my hopes up too much. Our 2020 class is still great and we've got a number of program guys on the roster. Our best teams have always been a good mix of program guys with two or three 5 star guys. Let's see if 2021 brings us that blue chip recruit

Just stop. We were done with recruiting for this cycle and the kid called us. If we come up short, it will be too bad but we will move on to 2021. We have some very good young players.

True. We’ll be fine. We’ll continue to recruit players in the 50-100 range and above that will keep us capable of being a tourney team. But as far as landing elite players, players that will elevate the program to the next level, that’s not likely to happen until we see a coaching change. And even that doesn’t guarantee success there.

Frustrating but I didn't try to get my hopes up too much. Our 2020 class is still great and we've got a number of program guys on the roster. Our best teams have always been a good mix of program guys with two or three 5 star guys. Let's see if 2021 brings us that blue chip recruit
How can you say the 2020 class is great. I believe it’s ranked 10 or lower in the ACC. The top teams are bring in top 15 talent and were just cracking the top 100.

How can you say the 2020 class is great. I believe it’s ranked 10 or lower in the ACC. The top teams are bring in top 15 talent and were just cracking the top 100.

That’s based largely on numbers. We’ve only got 2 guys, but we don’t have room for a big class numbers wise.

Kadary will almost certainly end up a 5 star and ranked above Andre Jackson
He will not end up a five star and Jackson was never going to be an impact player. We lost Jackson to UCONN, that should say it all.

That's how I've long felt about Krauser.

He'd destroy me immediately after.

Worth it.
Totally worth it

Heeeeeeeessssss a scrappppyyyyyy boxerrrrr

How many times i had hear that BS

It’s a very average class in terms of the ACC and nationally. Newton and Richmond are solid recruits, but if your hope is to contend with the upper echelon of the ACC, we’re going to need to do better.

It is ranked 12th in the ACC on 247 but we're barely behind like 7 schools, like literally within 5 points if you care about the ratings. Kadary is going to blow up and get a 5 star rating and then our class will be in top 5 in the ACC, with only 2 recruits

It’s a very average class in terms of the ACC and nationally. Newton and Richmond are solid recruits, but if your hope is to contend with the upper echelon of the ACC, we’re going to need to do better.

Disagree. If youve got a roster of solid recruits, most of them with experience, that have developed into good players you can compete nationally. These one and done factories with all the top 10 recruits haven’t been winning all the championships.

He will not end up a five star and Jackson was never going to be an impact player. We lost Jackson to UCONN, that should say it all.

Perhaps that's because of what you stated. Maybe he knew he was not going to be an impact player at SU and wouldn't see the kind of PT that he wanted (at least in the first year), so he went somewhere where he felt he would.

Anyway, looking forward to this whole IJ saga finally coming to an end today.

Let’s just hope IJ shocks everyone in an hour by choosing SU. Do you think the tone of this thread will change much?

Disappointed but if you were a five star recruit which school gives you the best chance to get paid in the nba? We’ll survive.

Disagree. If youve got a roster of solid recruits, most of them with experience, that have developed into good players you can compete nationally. These one and done factories with all the top 10 recruits haven’t been winning all the championships.

I’m not saying we can’t compete nationally and make the tourney. But we’ve been a bubble team for a number of years, will probably be again this year and maybe again next year. We’re generally picked as a middle of the pack team in the ACC just about every year now. Some schools would trade for that. But expectations are greater at SU. The problem is we have a coach in the December of his career and who, for different reasons, is no longer able to land the big fish. We should hopefully continue to have moderate success as JB closes out, but to expect anything greater is unlikely without one or two blue chip players. And our problem, as usual, is that once any of our good players get a whiff of success, they turn pro. It’s difficult to take that next step when that’s a constant trend. My hope is that this current cast sticks around for 3-4 years. Villanova saw the rewards from that.

We lose our entire starting front court after next year with no impact players to replace them.
that would be true even if they land isaiah

(and, fwiw, i think a duo of benny & woody would be an impact frontcourt . . . for the reason you raise in your concern, benny williams is more important than isaiah jackson)

Disappointed but if you were a five star recruit which school gives you the best chance to get paid in the nba? We’ll survive.

That’s not the issue. We need an AA type player to get to the next level. If you’re just okay with making the tourney and winning a game or two, then, yes, we’ll survive.

that would be true even if they land isaiah

(and, fwiw, i think a duo of benny & woody would be an impact frontcourt . . . for the reason you raise in your concern, benny williams is more important than isaiah jackson)
I think that’s putting the cart in front of the horse. We aren’t even the favorite to land Benny.

But we’ve been a bubble team for a number of years
they were an 8 seed last year. that is not on the bubble.
will probably be again this year and maybe again next year.
i prefer to wait and see & doubt that is accurate, but you have plenty of company in the "glass half empty & full of holes" camp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom