Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Seriously, anyone know if we used Coleman or Dave Bing here? Seems like that would be logical. Bing would make a huge impact on the parents. We don’t do that stuff enough on the hoops side.

Knowing Coleman is one thing but DC actually being there for a visit and sitting down with him and his parents could be very impactful.
Agreed, I am sure one of the insiders will chime in clarifying DC’s involvement.

I want JBs Buddy to buy a car dealership, furniture store, Pizza place, and Mannys. Hire the entire Football, men and womens basketball and Lacrosse team members as spokes people.

Been a while. What did I miss? ;)

I hope we used Derrick Coleman to help us close this Detroit native.
My gawd that’s iommi’s music! What’s he doing here?
FB6F024D-6381-4ED6-97DB-D31326D7ED39.gif

Good to see you back around these parts.

Groundhog day on the recruiting forums lately...can't figure out why some of the posters with legitimate inside info have disappeared.
I think there's less "legitimate inside info" available to our insiders these days.

Hearing different information from contacts with trusted sources inside the Syracuse circle (not Carrier Circle) which is a little concerning. While none go out and stated that the final decision by IJ has been made, one states that we are sitting very pretty and the other two state that Syracuse is no longer in serious consideration. It is confusing because their sources are established but should have the same insight. I wondered now if one is being overly optimistic and the others are being pessimistic.

Guess that it comes down to 50-50, that is IJ will commit to Syracuse or he won’t. Whatever happens, I will have a better feel on which source is correct.

Hearing different information from contacts with trusted sources inside the Syracuse circle (not Carrier Circle) which is a little concerning. While none go out and stated that the final decision by IJ has been made, one states that we are sitting very pretty and the other two state that Syracuse is no longer in serious consideration. It is confusing because their sources are established but should have the same insight. I wondered now if one is being overly optimistic and the others are being pessimistic.

Guess that it comes down to 50-50, that is IJ will commit to Syracuse or he won’t. Whatever happens, I will have a better feel on which source is correct.

figures...not good news

Not good news? Figure can tell if some one is glass half full or half empty based on responses.
I’m entitled to my opinion and since IJ left our campus I really never felt like we were in this realistically. We would of needed him to commit before he left and btw it won’t be the end of the world either.

I’m entitled to my opinion and since IJ left our campus I really never felt like we were in this realistically. We would of needed him to commit before he left and btw it won’t be the end of the world either.

Ok cool.

This is shaping up to be a fun one for sure. Few insiders with varying opinions.(I'm not just talking about this board) one thing I have found interesting so far is how quiet the big national media guys have been. Meyers/slater/zags/evans/bossi etc. There has been very little to no info on this recruitment. Not sure they know where this is heading and everything stating otherwise is pure conjecture. I think this next week or so heading closer to decision time that things become a much clearer. Like bulldog has maintained, the family has done a good Job handling this recruitment and saying all the right things...also not tipping their hand one way or the other yet.

This is shaping up to be a fun one for sure. Few insiders with varying opinions.(I'm not just talking about this board) one thing I have found interesting so far is how quiet the big national media guys have been. Meyers/slater/zags/evans/bossi etc. There has been very little to no info on this recruitment. Not sure they know where this is heading and everything stating otherwise is pure conjecture. I think this next week or so heading closer to decision time that things become a much clearer. Like bulldog has maintained, the family has done a good Job handling this recruitment and saying all the right things...also not tipping their hand one way or the other yet.
The only thing we’ve heard nationally is that it’s a 2 horse race between Bama and UK. But based on how tight lipped the family is that probably means those experts are just making educated guesses more than anything as opposed to getting real info; which bodes well for us

odds:
worse case, it is a 2 horse race and we are out of it
neutral case, our odds are 1:3.
best case, our insider is right and we have a chance that is somewhat better than 1:2.

First one I pulled-
2 4 7:
Evaluation

Adequate length but very slender for a four man. Tremendous athlete. Fast and a high riser. Has an extremely quick second jump and the instincts and timing of a top-notch shot blocker. Not considered a skilled offensive player but his skill level is steadily improving. Motor, athleticism and potential project him as a first round pick.

Sounds like Derrick Coleman as a HS senior.

I haven’t read every page was my point. I know the facts of this recruitment. This kid is the most important recruit in a while.
We haven’t gotten a 5 Star Big since Dajuan Coleman.
We need an elite big.
Chris McCullough was a five star, top 15 kid. He came after DeJuan. I mean, you look back at that one, if he doesn’t get injured early in ACC play, we win two or three more games and we have a good enough record to make the tourney that season (though we would have been ineligible, self imposed ban).

Cole Swider’s recruitment was like that. All the recruiting experts were making guesses up until the last 24 hours before he committed to Nova. He hadn’t even taken an official to Nova but had visited there unofficially several times.

Last edited:
Seriously, anyone know if we used Coleman or Dave Bing here? Seems like that would be logical. Bing would make a huge impact on the parents. We don’t do that stuff enough on the hoops side.
My understanding is they know him but he has not been used aggressively by our staff like you are asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom