Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have some ground to make up here but I know a lot of kids say this but Stewart grew up a huge Cuse fan and the fact that we have Buddy and JG3 soon can’t be understated. He definitely hasn’t a comfort level at Cuse like no other school so it’s not for the lack of the coaches/players trying. I have no new info on him but from last I heard we still had some work to do but I ultimately think we end up with him...gut feeling

Have some ground to make up here but I know a lot of kids say this but Stewart grew up a huge Cuse fan and the fact that we have Buddy and JG3 soon can’t be understated. He definitely hasn’t a comfort level at Cuse like no other school so it’s not for the lack of the coaches/players trying. I have no new info on him but from last I heard we still had some work to do but I ultimately think we end up with him...gut feeling
Ya that makes sense but I heard from a second tier source it was duke all the way a few months ago so this is odd. To say the least.

Ya that makes sense but I heard from a second tier source it was duke all the way a few months ago so this is odd. To say the least.
Like I said we have ground to make up and Duke definitely is the favorite right now but the longer this goes on and the more people that end up at Cuse he is close with that are in his ear to come to Cuse is good for us and the longer that goes on makes me think we could make up that ground...once again gut feeling

Like I said we have ground to make up and Duke definitely is the favorite right now but the longer this goes on and the more people that end up at Cuse he is close with that are in his ear to come to Cuse is good for us and the longer that goes on makes me think we could make up that ground...once again gut feeling
Agreed

Not getting the JG imminent committment to SU.
He has visited Duke. He may have done unofficial visits to other schools, and is comfortable he knows all he needs to know about them and doesn't need to visit again.
I understand he said he will commit before the season (FB or BB?) and it sounds like he had a good SU visit, bit seems to be a lot of chicken counting when we are still at the egg stage.

Not getting the JG imminent committment to SU.
He has visited Duke. He may have done unofficial visits to other schools, and is comfortable he knows all he needs to know about them and doesn't need to visit again.
I understand he said he will commit before the season (FB or BB?) and it sounds like he had a good SU visit, bit seems to be a lot of chicken counting when we are still at the egg stage.
Duh-k would be a quixotic choice, Capt. He's not going to see the Court there, although I'm sure he enjoyed the attention (as did J. Tucker). Fortunately, in this case, I think he's smart enough not to swallow K's schpeil.

CuseMan4 you’ve had a good track record in the past - you think JG3 is almost in “lock” status?
From what I’ve heard before and during the visit, I hate saying lock because recruiting is so fluid and these kids are 17 years old but I would be very surprised if he is not Cuse. I would be shocked if this goes into August. I think he makes a commitment to Cuse within the week unless he does take one more visit. Which he might but even that’s up in the air. Either way I don’t see this recruitment lasting longer than 2 weeks but from what I’m told he is ours and you could hear something very soon.

From what I’ve heard before and during the visit, I hate saying lock because recruiting is so fluid and these kids are 17 years old but I would be very surprised if he is not Cuse. I would be shocked if this goes into August. I think he makes a commitment to Cuse within the week unless he does take one more visit. Which he might but even that’s up in the air. Either way I don’t see this recruitment lasting longer than 2 weeks but from what I’m told he is ours and you could hear something very soon.

Looks like that’s why we haven’t offered Lester. Would be nice to have our backcourt of the future solidified.

Understand that now he's a national recruit, but does he have significant family in Rochester that would love a short drive to see him play in the Dome? If so maybe we could put them in touch w/Taurean Thompson's mom for a primer on the importance of home cookin' and playing in your backyard.

This is great news to me...I really thought he was kind of keeping us in his top 3-5 just because he grew up local and has close ties with the staff. Its reassuring to think we have a still have a legit chance

Duke or MSU here. Washington an outside chance. Still hearing we are just getting courtesy interest.

Disappointing. Duke, fine, I can live with it. They can name their recruits. But MSU? No reason a kid from Rochester should be going all the way to MSU over Cuse, in my opinion.

We need to be able to find a way to lock down any and every local stud. We don't seem to have as strong a stranglehold on our local area as other top programs do of theirs. And there is enough star talent where it makes a true difference. Bryant and Stewart in the very recent past. Painful.

I choose to agree with you because this is what I'd like to happen.:p

Duke or MSU here. Washington an outside chance. Still hearing we are just getting courtesy interest.

RkdmzyG.gif

Disappointing. Duke, fine, I can live with it. They can name their recruits. But MSU? No reason a kid from Rochester should be going all the way to MSU over Cuse, in my opinion.

We need to be able to find a way to lock down any and every local stud. We don't seem to have as strong a stranglehold on our local area as other top programs do of theirs. And there is enough star talent where it makes a true difference. Bryant and Stewart in the very recent past. Painful.

I would much prefer he go to MSU over Duke. I have no interest in playing him 1-2 times a year.

I don't think we send G-mac out of the country if we think we are just getting courtesy interest
Addison Paterson is among others playing there. Sounds like everyone is sending coaches to the tourney and Miami has even sent Larranga.

Status
Not open for further replies.