Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just once I’d like to hear a 5 star kid say he wants to beat Kentucky. Beat Duke. Not join forces and the do the most unoriginal move in the game. I understand wanting to play for K but not Calipari. Don’t understand the mindset anymore. The kid lives an hour down the road from Syracuse. Has a chance to play in front of his family and play for his family.. play for upstate NY.. play for Rochester. Put on for your city and state. Go in to Cameron and shut the place down. Play against Kentucky in a final 4 and dominate their 5 stars. Instead he’s most likely going to join the gang. I guess it’s the cool thing to do now a days. Just look at Kevin Durant.

Meh. All that ‘hometown’ stuff is overblown and overrated. Besides, some kids just want to go away from home, wherever that may be. Perhaps he doesn’t want to play all zone. I see him as a Julius Randle type and clone. UK have dudes in the NBA getting work done. Randle is a good player. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he chooses them.

slush.jpg

I cant understand why anyone would ever want to leave central ny! :)

Meh. All that ‘hometown’ stuff is overblown and overrated. Besides, some kids just want to go away from home, wherever that may be. Perhaps he doesn’t want to play all zone. I see him as a Julius Randle type and clone. UK have dudes in the NBA getting work done. Randle is a good player. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he chooses them.

Of course you had to chime in. Are you from NY? I’m not saying the kid has to spend the rest of his life here. Talking about 9 months of school. Julius Randle would’ve been a star at any school he chose. He would’ve been a lottery pick if he played for NJIT. Calipari borrowed him for a few months for some business and that’s that. Don’t act like John Calipari is actually developing talent. He was getting sure fire lottery picks every class. These kids UK put in the league would’ve gotten there no matter what school they picked.

Of course you had to chime in. Are you from NY? I’m not saying the kid has to spend the rest of his life here. Talking about 9 months of school. Julius Randle would’ve been a star at any school he chose. He would’ve been a lottery pick if he played for NJIT. Calipari borrowed him for a few months for some business and that’s that. Don’t act like John Calipari is actually developing talent. He was getting sure fire lottery picks every class. These kids UK put in the league would’ve gotten there no matter what school they picked.

At your service, ha. I’m not really disagreeing with you, pal. Like it or not, the UK model and path to the pros is tough to beat. Same with Duke. Of course they would most likely be stars and pros elsewhere. What does me being or not being from NY have anything to do with this?

At your service, ha. I’m not really disagreeing with you, pal. Like it or not, the UK model and path to the pros is tough to beat. Same with Duke. Of course they would most likely be stars and pros elsewhere. What does me being or not being from NY have anything to do with this?

You agreed that the kid might want to go somewhere other than Syracuse.

Being a retired veteran I have been all over the place in the US (Minot, ND / Rome, NY / DC / Cheyenne, WY / Colorado Springs, CO / Del Rio, TX / Lompoc, CA / San Antonio, TX / Tampa, FL / Syracuse, NY). I have also been all over the world (Saudi Arabia / Qatar / Oman / Turkey / Afghanistan / Kyrgyzstan / Germany) I can honestly say that central NY is pretty good if you don't mind a little cold weather.

Being a retired veteran I have been all over the place in the US (Minot, ND / Rome, NY / DC / Cheyenne, WY / Colorado Springs, CO / Del Rio, TX / Lompoc, CA / San Antonio, TX / Tampa, FL / Syracuse, NY). I have also been all over the world (Saudi Arabia / Qatar / Oman / Turkey / Afghanistan / Kyrgyzstan / Germany) I can honestly say that central NY is pretty good if you don't mind a little cold weather.
Why not Minot?!

I was fortunate in my ramblings to avoid the upper midwest. I had two duty-stations in four years that my 1SGT said most people would kill for one of in their 20-year career. They offered me Eielson as an incentive to reenlist, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I tuned down Elemendorf, too. Upstate is pretty nice, but after 40 years, I'm ready to move on to drier and somewhat warmer climes.

In fairness though, those arent exactly bucket list destinations for most folks.

I think Central NY is fine, but I don't begrudge any kid the opportunity to experience a new place.

In fairness though, those arent exactly bucket list destinations for most folks.

I think Central NY is fine, but I don't begrudge any kid the opportunity to experience a new place.

Lexington, KY, Lansing, Michigan, Bloomington, Indiana...I cant imagine these places have any more to offer than Syracuse.

There’s other great programs out there so I can’t knock the choice to go to other great schools to play b-ball. But the Upstate NY location as a knock when most of these other powerhouses aren’t exactly in major metropolis’s with amazing weather or anything...I don’t know about that.

*Kentucky obviously has significantly better weather, but those people seem a little...strange so that may cancel out.

Its amazing how civil and maintained these basketball recruitment threads are when at least cuse football is playing well.

Three yeara ago this would be ground zero for trolling and insanity.

Last year*.

Lexington, KY, Lansing, Michigan, Bloomington, Indiana...I cant imagine these places have any more to offer than Syracuse.

There’s other great programs out there so I can’t knock the choice to go to other great schools to play b-ball. But the Upstate NY location as a knock when most of these other powerhouses aren’t exactly in major metropolis’s with amazing weather or anything...I don’t know about that.

*Kentucky obviously has significantly better weather, but those people seem a little...strange so that may cancel out.
Lansing, MI, is a dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.