Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect us to beat Duke (or Kentucky if they get involved) but we can't lose him to Washington. I'd be thrilled for Hop, not happy for us. Hopefully he's just enjoying his official visits. May as well use them. Washington is a really nice area. I'd visit there too.

I don't expect us to beat Duke (or Kentucky if they get involved) but we can't lose him to Washington. I'd be thrilled for Hop, not happy for us. Hopefully he's just enjoying his official visits. May as well use them. Washington is a really nice area. I'd visit there too.
Hey, if he doesnt want to play at su...I would LOVE it if he played for Hop. I think it would be great. ( I really dont want him at Duke, and calipari, UK, and all their fans can rot in hell)

Holy cow. Hop is killing it, whether he gets this kid or not. This is an impressive pull.
Impressive that he got an official visit? What’s impressive about that?

Impressive that he got an official visit? What’s impressive about that?

The first official visit from a likely McDonald's AA goes to a team that won 7 games 2 years ago.
I call that pretty good.

The first official visit from a likely McDonald's AA goes to a team that won 7 games 2 years ago.
I call that pretty good.

U-dub has been attracting top talent for a while now. It’s pretry much all Romar could do.

brings credibility to the idea that we would have had a much better shot at him if Hop were still here. The interview Isaiah gave recently where he talked about Hop was revealing! I agree with the above poster, that if he won't be at SU (likely), I'd love to see him at UW.

brings credibility to the idea that we would have had a much better shot at him if Hop were still here. The interview Isaiah gave recently where he talked about Hop was revealing! I agree with the above poster, that if he won't be at SU (likely), I'd love to see him at UW.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind at all him at UW. Hop put the work in early with him. I don’t want him to be in the ACC if he chooses somewhere else. He’s the kind of skilled player who feast against our beanpoles much like that undersized C from Buffalo (Perkins?). With the way Duke, UNC (probably getting Cole Anthony and either Josh Green/Wendell Moore), UL picking up recruiting momentum, etc., we’re going to need to keep getting talent and top talent. Keatts at NC St. will get good players now (possibly Lecque) and his pedigree/style of play is a problem for us usually. He handled us with Gottfried’s players by getting up on our guards and making life tough for our ballhandlers.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind at all him at UW. Hop put the work in early with him. I don’t want him to be in the ACC if he chooses somewhere else. He’s the kind of skilled player who feast against our beanpoles much like that undersized C from Buffalo (Perkins?). With the way Duke, UNC (probably getting Cole Anthony and either Josh Green/Wendell Moore), UL picking up recruiting momentum, etc., we’re going to need to keep getting talent and top talent. Keatts at NC St. will get good players now (possibly Lecque) and his pedigree/style of play is a problem for us usually. He handled us with Gottfried’s players by getting up on our guards and making life tough for our ballhandlers.

Eh, we lost that NCSt game because of 2 things. That Hunt guy came off the bench and went crazy from 3 and Oshae, who had 20 something points, was in foul trouble and missed portions of the game.

FWIW Brian Snow updated his crystal ball prediction to foggy yesterday.

If he doesn't really know where Stewart is going I'm not sure anybody knows.
I think that's great news for us, actually. This was being billed as a race between Duh-k and MSU with UK/Nova as dark horses. Confusion helps. Get back to your roots, Zay. We've been here for you all along.

Eh, we lost that NCSt game because of 2 things. That Hunt guy came off the bench and went crazy from 3 and Oshae, who had 20 something points, was in foul trouble and missed portions of the game.

Eh, it’s easy to look at a box score but that game, IMO when one looks beyond the score, had a massive momentum shift and feel in their favor when they really got in our shorts and started defending better in the 2H. They got a swagger going and turned defense into offense. They got our offense really discombobulated in the mid-late 2H and went up 6-8 points I believe with two or three minutes left and we were done. That was the game late 2H where Frank got stripped and/or turned it over, then fouled the guy for an and-1, then pushed him down AFTER the foul by the baseline for a technical foul, lol

Last edited:
Eh, it’s easy to look at a box score but that game, IMO when one looks beyond the score, had a massive momentum shift and feel in their favor when they really got in our shorts and started defending better in the 2H. They got a swagger going and turned defense into offense. They got our offense really discombobulated in the mid-late 2H and went up 6-8 points I believe with two or three minutes left and we were done. That was the game late 2H where Frank got stripped and/or turned it over, then fouled the guy for an and-1, then pushed him down AFTER the foul by the baseline for a technical foul, lol

After looking at the boxscore it appears my 2 points were accurate and also that we scored more than twice as many points as them off turnovers. Hunt was 4-4 from 3 in the second half. Brissett only played 11 mins in the first half.

And your memory shows to be faulty. Franks foul and T were offset by the same call in a NCST player. There was no turnover involved. We were up 1 at the time and extended it to 6 before Hunt hit a 3. Frank did miss 2 FTs late.

After looking at the boxscore it appears my 2 points were accurate and also that we scored more than twice as many points as them off turnovers. Hunt was 4-4 from 3 in the second half. Brissett only played 11 mins in the first half.

And your memory shows to be faulty. Franks foul and T were offset by the same call in a NCST player. There was no turnover involved. We were up 1 at the time and extended it to 6 before Hunt hit a 3. Frank did miss 2 FTs late.

Didn’t remember offsetting Ts. My bad. We can debate all sorts of hypothetical outcomes and scenarios. Regardless, they extended the lead to around 6-8 points like I said with around 2 to 3 minutes. That was an undoubtedly uneasy feeling in the building and my stomach I distinctly remember because of the discombobulation of the offense caused by D. It won’t be listed as a TO but if/when possessions come up empty because you can’t get into the offense and/or bring it up the court without a struggle; it’s essentially the same thing. Of course we never got out to Hunt enough but the pressure they applied to our guards was a major factor in the offense deteriorating during a crucial stretch in the game.

We are set at guard with Goodine, Carey, and Buddy. That’s as good as anyone else is recruiting. Not sure the hemming and hawing over this in the Isaiah Stewart thread. We need front court players.

Didn’t remember offsetting Ts. My bad. We can debate all sorts of hypothetical outcomes and scenarios. Regardless, they extended the lead to around 6-8 points like I said with around 2 to 3 minutes. That was an undoubtedly uneasy feeling in the building and my stomach I distinctly remember because of the discombobulation of the offense caused by D. It won’t be listed as a TO but if/when possessions come up empty because you can’t get into the offense and/or bring it up the court without a struggle; it’s essentially the same thing. Of course we never got out to Hunt enough but the pressure they applied to our guards was a major factor in the offense deteriorating during a crucial stretch in the game.

I don't see that at all. We scored pretty consistently most of the 2nd half. Scored 38. From the time it was tied, what killed us was NCSt hitting 6 3 ptrs in the last 7 minutes. It probably didn't help having 4 guys play the full half.

I don't see that at all. We scored pretty consistently most of the 2nd half. Scored 38. From the time it was tied, what killed us was NCSt hitting 6 3 ptrs in the last 7 minutes. It probably didn't help having 4 guys play the full half.

Of course not. Look it up. Between 7:29 and 3:18 minutes left we didn’t have a FG! Only 2 made FT attempts by Battle and one each by Oshae and Tyus. You were at the game I presume. On the TV it was that specific stretch where both commentators were pointing out how much their on ball D was discombobulating our sets, guard(s), and flow. Anyways, back to Stewart.

Last edited:
Of course not. Look it up. Between 7:29 and 3:18 minutes left we didn’t have a FG! Only 2 made FT attempts by Battle and one each by Oshae and Tyus. You were at the game I presume. On the TV it was that specific stretch where both commentators were pointing out how much their on ball D was discombobulating our sets, guard(s), and flow. Anyways, back to Stewart.

In that timeframe we had the ball 7 times. a made 2 by frank, 3 possessions where they fouled us and we made at least 1 FT, 2 missed jumpers by Oshae and a turnover by Oshae. Scored points on 4 of 7 possessions. And right after your cut off at 3:18, Tyus hit a jumper at 3:15. Problem was in that timeframe they made 3 3's and a 2 and outscored us 11-6 and we're down 7.

Back to Stewart.

Hey, if he doesnt want to play at su...I would LOVE it if he played for Hop. I think it would be great. ( I really dont want him at Duke, and calipari, UK, and all their fans can rot in hell)
I get what you're saying. I don't want Stewart at Duke or Kentucky either. BUT, I still don't want to lose Stewart to UW. Losing him (if that happens) to a blue blood would certainly suck, but it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last time. But if we lose Stewart to a a west coast Pac12 team that's not considered elite by any stretch of the imagination, when he's an east coast guy, to our former assistant head coach... that would smart.

I get what you're saying. I don't want Stewart at Duke or Kentucky either. BUT, I still don't want to lose Stewart to UW. Losing him (if that happens) to a blue blood would certainly suck, but it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last time. But if we lose Stewart to a a west coast Pac12 team that's not considered elite by any stretch of the imagination, when he's an east coast guy, to our former assistant head coach... that would smart.
If he's not coming to Syracuse I can't think of any school I'd rather have him go to than UW. 1) It would be one less time that UK and Duke, two programs I can't stand, beat us for a recruit. 2) We'd probably never have to play against him. and 3) Coach Hop is a great guy and I hope that he is super successful out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.