Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, forgot to mention since it was late...same guy from my screenshot a page back said he thinks us signing Ajak is a good sign for Stewart, because Isaiah would like to play the 4 position. I've seen a few people bring up that he might want to play the 4 in college to prepare. Any truth to this if anyone knows?
Eh.

Even if Stewart was going to play the 5 in college, us having JBA would not jeopardize any playing time for Stewart. Sidibe will get the majority of minutes at the 5 next year I'd imagine with Stewart being his backup and JBA playing a handful of minutes a game.

I think if Akok commits and Stewart wants to play the 4, we have an issue

Eh.

Even if Stewart was going to play the 5 in college, us having JBA would not jeopardize any playing time for Stewart. Sidibe will get the majority of minutes at the 5 next year I'd imagine with Stewart being his backup and JBA playing a handful of minutes a game.

I think we get 1 or none but not both. But who knows, we have some momentum going!

We land one of those two (Akok or Isaiah) (Please be Stewart) and I'd have absolutely no complaints. Add QG into the fray and giddy up.

Not sure why so many still say he's a Duke lean. All the chatter surrounding this recruitment have them fading.
I agree..I dont think hes a Duke lean. I do think they are going to try like hell to get back in this because they are struggling a bit this cycle with their targets. Honestly it seems like hes thinking of going way away to Washington because of his relationship with Hop or coming home and being the man at Cuse. Then throw in MSU because idk why...screw them. Duke and UK sent just gunna give up tho

I agree...I have new hops that we are in this fight now from what we are being told and with his visit. I still think Duke is going to try and make a major push here because they are struggling a little bit right now on the recruiting front considering half there roster will be gone after this year. They did just get a commitment a few days ago but they are missing out on all of their other targets.

I really wish SU recruiting would give me new hops too. Sadly I tried it out dunking last night and nope, still can't jump anymore with these over used knees. But your post gives me hope.. just as recent news about Stewart does we can get him.

I really wish SU recruiting would give me new hops too. Sadly I tried it out dunking last night and nope, still can't jump anymore with these over used knees. But your post gives me hope.. just as recent news about Stewart does we can get him.
You’re like 5’6 “ on a good day

Sorry to have offended you. I'll make sure that I run any future critiques by you first.

Thank you. When you start spellchecking people for their use of "there, their, they're" I'll be happy to help.. ;)

Eh.

It makes more sense if Stewart was to play the 4 because that will mostly be the position he plays in the pros.

Yes, this would seem like an "either/or" situation.
Akok, on paper, is a better fit for our style.
But we almost never get big men like Stewart. If we could get him, wow.

Maybe I'm naive, but I feel like this shouldn't be an either-or situation. Akok and Stewart are such different players, it seems like they could easily be on the floor together. Based on his shooting ability couldn't Akok play at the 3 while Stewart was at the 4? I also think that there aren't many schools in the country who would be able to not play Stewart at center at least some of the time. If Sidibe wasn't playing center, Stewart would drop down to the center spot and Akok could play power forward. What probably gums this up the most is the fact that we have Dolezaj who will likely be the starter at one of the forward positions in 19-20 and 20-21.

After the past few years, having too many players at a position has been the least of my concerns, but I'm sure that recruits are keeping close tabs on their potential playing time in their first few years.

Yes, this would seem like an "either/or" situation.
Akok, on paper, is a better fit for our style.
But we almost never get big men like Stewart. If we could get him, wow.

Yeah and I mean we have tried and had either injury or eligibility issues. Dajuan and Dayshawn wright come to mind from style standpoint but otherwise this would be unique. Just having this type of player and being successful would open up different doors in how we can leverage such talents who aren't just guys who fit the 2-3 mold. Even then you could argue our recent hot streak on shooters is against the zone first everything else second mentality anyways.

Maybe I'm naive, but I feel like this shouldn't be an either-or situation. Akok and Stewart are such different players, it seems like they could easily be on the floor together. Based on his shooting ability couldn't Akok play at the 3 while Stewart was at the 4? I also think that there aren't many schools in the country who would be able to not play Stewart at center at least some of the time. If Sidibe wasn't playing center, Stewart would drop down to the center spot and Akok could play power forward. What probably gums this up the most is the fact that we have Dolezaj who will likely be the starter at one of the forward positions in 19-20 and 20-21.

After the past few years, having too many players at a position has been the least of my concerns, but I'm sure that recruits are keeping close tabs on their potential playing time in their first few years.

I agree. I think we could take both and they could play together. I would like to get both. But I think if Stewart commits first, Akok will probably go elsewhere. Just a gut feeling, no connections whatsoever, just reading the same sources as everybody else.

I’m interested to hear what Jake has to say about this.
Shocked that we got a visit like many have indicated. But it can only be viewed as good news.

I can also echo what others have said about proximity to home not being a positive for us (think Thomas Bryant).

However SU Dreaming’s post above makes me think we made a creative pitch to counter that and it was received favorably.

I don’t think anyone has been eliminated, and he could end up at SU,Washington, UK, Duke or MSU...with the last two seemingly less likely.

Never thought we’d still be in it now, staff deserves credit.

I’m probably one of the few that would rather have Akok over Stewart. I think we have room for both, but they may not feel that way. I just want Quincy, and Akok. Throw in Dimon or Wahab and good to go. I’d be fine with just JBA if it meant we got QG, and AA. It is nice to have some hope for Stewart. Though it was a done deal that we were out.

Id put our odds at 50% of landing him now after talks about his family wanting him to be closer to home and JG 3 committing helps a tiny bit.

A year ago all the talk was Stewart and Girard wanting to play together. When joe got the dook offer, many said- that’s it, they are going to Duke together! Well Girard pulled out and selected Cuse. Then he gave Stewart a wink and a nod on Twitter. Cuse is stacked and ready to be legit contender. Joes now here to complete the plan. Stewart coming tips the scales and he knows it. It’s familiar. It’s home. Family access. I really believe he comes. Maybe he realizes grass is not always greener

i think they definitely could play together as forwards - i see akok as a 3/4 & isaiah as a 4/5. but qg complicates that, even though he's a 2/3.

next year, the guards are going to include washington, carey, boeheim, goodine, girard and even hughes. makes it far more likely that quincy's pt is coming at forward. which makes it hard to sell both akok & stewart. so if qg signs up next, i think it becomes an either/or situation. and maybe even without a quick decision from quincy

Status
Not open for further replies.