Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying the optimism I'm seeing from some of the posters. I have zero inside sources and no clue where Stewart may end up. Therefore, I will gleefully like any post that reports good news or even positive conjecture about Cuse being his final destination!

Yes, this would seem like an "either/or" situation.
Akok, on paper, is a better fit for our style.
But we almost never get big men like Stewart. If we could get him, wow.
What about Arinze and Big Rick? I think of those two as stockier and more skilled (and less athletic) than our “typical” bigs (to go along with DC III already mentioned)

I could be way off since I have no clue, just thinking of the body types

What about Arinze and Big Rick? I think of those two as stockier and more skilled (and less athletic) than our “typical” bigs (to go along with DC III already mentioned)

I could be way off since I have no clue, just thinking of the body types
Ya it does seem like the guys we don’t thinkn are our “type” end up thriving

I'm really enjoying the optimism I'm seeing from some of the posters. I have zero inside sources and no clue where Stewart may end up. Therefore, I will gleefully like any post that reports good news or even positive conjecture about Cuse being his final destination!

Optimism always beats pessimism.

I'd say the other way around. We land QG and I have no complaints. Add one of Isaiah or Akok and GIDDY UP.

Ish, Akok, & QG ... 5,4,3 no reason that shouldnt happen. Add in our strong group of guards and frontcourt depth... we are seriously competing for the NC.

Ish, Akok, & QG ... 5,4,3 no reason that shouldnt happen. Add in our strong group of guards and frontcourt depth... we are seriously competing for the NC.
In a perfect world yes.. this would be amazing! I'm not sure what the pitch is to Isaiah from our coaches but it has been posted that he might want to play the 4 and not the 5...and I dont think AA wants to play the 5 either. Not saying they wont ever or that they cant just what the word on the street is. So I'm not sure if this is realistic or not.

Stewart is a Draymond Green type talent... so MSt seems apparently logical. Yet, if he comes here, there will be sharpshooters to space the floor. Our zone resembles modern "positionless" basketball defense, he's close enuf to get home or the family to the game, lots of teammates who have winning experience together, the ACC, and record crowds in the Carrier Dome... as HOF coach JAB takes his final shots at another national championship.

Stewart is a Draymond Green type talent... so MSt seems apparently logical. Yet, if he comes here, there will be sharpshooters to space the floor. Our zone resembles modern "positionless" basketball defense, he's close enuf to get home or the family to the game, lots of teammates who have winning experience together, the ACC, and record crowds in the Carrier Dome... as HOF coach JAB takes his final shots at another national championship.
Durant was DC type of player

Their skills aren't even remotely similar. Green is a point forward. Stewart isn't running point anything wherever he goes.

Stewart will be here one year.

Hopefully...

what I mean is that he's not big enuf to be a traditional NBA 5, and shows the potential to be a decent 3pt shooter. He's also not the traditional NBA 4. He's shorter than Tyler Lydon... And not at all an NBA 3. For him to have a long, lucrative career in the league... he should aspire to the skill set Draymond now holds. He's got that potential and plenty of time to add skills to his hi-energy motor, rebounding, and athleticism.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the optimism I'm seeing from some of the posters. I have zero inside sources and no clue where Stewart may e
Usually just a lurker but found this on instagram...
Thanks for that- great find. Only wish Girard had committed sooner and was at this dinner to reminisce with Isaiah and Buddy. Feel the love from the family. Being that he really wanted to play with Girard, that’s 2 and I think Coach could come up with 3 more players to help out. Here it is on a platter guys

Hopefully...

what I mean is that he's not big enuf to be a traditional NBA 5, and shows the potential to be a decent 3pt shooter. He's also not the traditional NBA 4. He's shorter than Tyler Lydon... And not at all an NBA 3. For him to have a long, lucrative career in the league... he should aspire to the skill set Draymond now holds. He's got that potential and plenty of time to add skills to his hi-energy motor, rebounding, and athleticism.

Traditional 5’s barely exist anymore. Carmelo played some 5 the other day.

LeBron and Kuzma have played some 5 for the Lakers.

Not to burst bubbles, but is it NCAA-legal to give a cake to a recruit’s dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.