Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW apparently RF is monitoring my every move on here. What are you so offended about? I don't tell people what to do and that was never my intention. To clarify I am excited to about Stewart but I don't want to get overexcited about a recent visit. You can feel and do whatever way you want to feel that's part of a message board.
I think telling everyone to calm down on a forum where excitement and anticipation are the currency is viewed as curious. Not a biggie.

No one is saying we are going to get stew...most are just excited that we seem to be in a much better spot with a fighting chance at him. Nothing wrong with that!

WOW apparently RF is monitoring my every move on here. What are you so offended about? I don't tell people what to do and that was never my intention. To clarify I am excited to about Stewart but I don't want to get overexcited about a recent visit. You can feel anyway you want on here-that's part of a message board.

I'm not monitoring anything -- it's just noticeable because you've done it in several threads about different recruits recently.

Circumstances have changed with respect to Stewart, as a function of Girard electing to come here. That doesn't mean that we are going to land Stewart, but it also means that we have a puncher's chance -- a better chance than we did two days ago to land this kid. Although package deals rarely materialize, maybe it will work to our advantage for once. I don't need thought police telling me to temper enthusiasm over that possibility.

I'm not monitoring anything -- it's just noticeable because you've done it in several threads recently.

Circumstances have changed with respect to Stewart, as a function of Girard electing to come here. That doesn't mean that we are going to land Stewart, but it also means that we have a puncher's chance. Although package deals rarely materialize, maybe it will work to our advantage for once. I don't need thought police telling me to temper enthusiasm over that possibility.
More emotions police.

Still just upset.
1539704483683.jpeg

I'm not monitoring anything -- it's just noticeable because you've done it in several threads about different recruits recently.

Circumstances have changed with respect to Stewart, as a function of Girard electing to come here. That doesn't mean that we are going to land Stewart, but it also means that we have a puncher's chance -- a better chance than we did two days ago to land this kid. Although package deals rarely materialize, maybe it will work to our advantage for once. I don't need thought police telling me to temper enthusiasm over that possibility.

Lol. Let's call it what it is... HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME! .. five minutes later.. STOP LOOKING AT ME! WHAT IS YOUR DEAL??

So if/when we lose IS to Duke we’re gonna go back to throwing Gerry under the bus right? Just want to be ready.
And that is possible, as he may want to get away and make his own bones. But it's also true that SU is very popular in Rochester ... and Zay grew up with that influence - BE, etc.. Not saying it's dispositive ... but it's a factor. ;)

And if I remember correctly, Melo’s stock continued to rise after he committed to Cuse. He wasn’t considered the #2 recruit when he verballed to SU as a junior.

Exactly. This would be rarified air. Speaking of Paul Harris though I thought he actually was top 5 at one point and then dropped down to 10-12 now that I think on it some more.

according to the archived rsci rankings, he was consensus #8 after his junior year, but he rocketed up to #2 during that summer aau season

When did he commit? Wasn't it during his junior year?

Seem to recall him being rated around #40 when we landed him --very good recruit, but not necessarily elite. Then he grew and jumped in the ratings. And obviously played at Oak Hill as a senior, so him being ~#8 makes sense after junior season.

EDIT -- here's some good information about Carmelo's recruitment, from Troy Weaver:

Poliquin: Syracuse 'got on' Carmelo Anthony early, and he never wavered once it did

When did he commit? Wasn't it during his junior year?

Seem to recall him being rated around #40 when we landed him --very good recruit, but not necessarily elite. Then he grew and jumped in the ratings. And obviously played at Oak Hill as a senior, so him being ~#8 makes sense after junior season.

I recall him being around 30-40 when we first started hearing a lot about him and SU’s involvement on here. I remember Mason writing about him.

Seems like he just steadily rose up the rankings. At some point along that rise, he committed to SU and then continued to rise.

I remember him as a junior year spring time committ?

Exactly. This would be rarified air. Speaking of Paul Harris though I thought he actually was top 5 at one point and then dropped down to 10-12 now that I think on it some more.
bob gibbons had him as high as 5 overall, but his consensus ranking was in the 20s because he was a 5th year player and not every service ranked 5th years. if you drop hoopmasters from his rsci score go with his average, i think he would have been in the lower half of that years final consensus top ten

bob gibbons had him as high as 5 overall, but his consensus ranking was in the 20s because he was a 5th year player and not every service ranked 5th years. if you drop hoopmasters from his rsci score go with his average, i think he would have been in the lower half of that years final consensus top ten

Ah that's right. Thanks for the memory boost on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.