Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Villanova a player here? Have they put enough work in for him? To me he screams a PERFECT fit for them at the 4/5 or for MSU. I mean I truly hope we get him. The kid’s polish, scoring ability, footwork, fundamentals, rebounding, etc., down there in the post is something we haven’t seen here since a SR year Rak. He blows Arinze out of the water also in terms of raw ability, movement, nimble/quickness, etc.

Is Villanova a player here? Have they put enough work in for him? To me he screams a PERFECT fit for them at the 4/5 or for MSU. I mean I truly hope we get him. The kid’s polish, scoring ability, footwork, fundamentals, rebounding, etc., down there in the post is something we haven’t seen here since a SR year Rak. He blows Arinze out of the water also in terms of raw ability, movement, nimble/quickness, etc.

Not sure, but he's already taken 3 officials so he can only go to 2 of Duke/Nova/MSU. Someone isn't getting a visit.

i'd have to say at best a push;
u-dub's foster & duke's fugua are both highly regarded b-schools
Duke's Fuqua is strictly a graduate school, Duke doesn't have an undergrad business major only economics. Duke preaches the "Brotherhood" which might attract Stewart.

I’m pretty sure Corey Evans doesn’t even pay attention to what is happening lmao. Dude mentions Kentucky when we all OKOW kentucky isn’t happening now.

Not to mention, I know that Stewart has a good relationship with Hop, but to say UW has a "much better shot" of landing Stewart seems asinine to me.

It might just come down to Naz Carter / Hamir Wright and Hop vs Buddy/Girard/Gmac/Red/JB/ home n family , as long as JayZ stays out we should win out

What do the coaches expect in terms of time table for the decision?

Can you imagine if we got both, AND Guerrier?

This would be #1 class ranking material, and in contention for best class JB has ever brought in.

I still say QG is 1 priority like others on here, but IS is program game changing and winning , just Brissett departs we want QG step right in , but if Hughes is as good as I’ve been told since before we signed him than I was IS NOW

I don't think any are mutually exclusive, as they play different positions. A bigger question IMO would be whether they'd all want to come here, with the returning talent -- which might preclude 1 or more of them from starting as frosh.

Let's just assume that we lose the following:

• Battle [early entry]
  • Brissett [early entry]
  • Frank [graduating]
  • Chukwu [graduating]

...we'd have the open scholarships to be able to bring in a class of up to 6 players. Again, that assumes that the former two go pro -- which is a reasonable expectation.

JB normally does not fill out entire rosters. BUT we also have the possibility of shifting Buddy to non-scholarship -- so we have the roster flexibility to bring them all in.

So... in my mind, it all comes down to whether players like Stewart and Akok and Guerrier would be comfortable coming somewhere where they'd have Hughes, Sidibe, and Dolezaj ahead of them. Even without a class of those six, we're going to be LOADED next year. Like, Kentucky type of loaded.

Obviously, I don't envision that Stewart would be frightened off. But Akok might not want to come here if Stewart does [just hypothetically--not suggesting that's the case]. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Last edited:
I don't think any are mutually exclusive, as they play different positions. A bigger question IMO would be whether they'd all want to come here, with the returning talent -- which might preclude 1 or more of them from starting as frosh.

Let's just assume that we lose Battle / Brissett to early entry. Along with Frank / Chukwu graduating, we'd be able to bring in a class of up to 6 players. Again, that assumes that the former two go pro -- which I expect.

JB normally does not fill out entire rosters. BUT we also have the possibility of shifting Buddy to non-scholarship -- so we have the roster flexibility to bring them all in.

So... in my mind, it all comes down to whether players like Stewart and Akok and Guerrier would be comfortable coming somewhere where they'd have Hughes, Sidibe, and Dolezaj ahead of them. Even without a class of those six, we're going to be LOADED next year. Like, Kentucky type of loaded.

Obviously, I don't envision that Stewart would be frightened off. But Akok might not want to come here if Stewart does [just hypothetically--not suggesting that's the case]. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Agreed - it seems more like it'd be potentially be Stewart, plus Guerrier or Akok, -
since there's more of a logjam amongst wing-type players than true Bigs (and I think Akok is more the former, although he has the height of a big).

Assuming both Battle and OSB are gone (very high possibility), we'd still have in the wings (pun intended):
Marek, Hughes, Braswell, Buddy, and then maybe also Guerrier/Akok - that's a lotta wing-type players.

Stewart would pretty much be a lock to start at either the 5 ahead of Sidibe or at the 4 ahead of Marek, et al. Top-5 guys at non-UK/Duke programs aren't going to have to scrap for a starting spot.

Guess we'll hafta see how Akok's visit goes, and if we can move the needle at all.

QG and Zay both apparently enjoyed their respective visits immensely, and both have ties to current players on the team, and a good comfort level with the coaches.

Let's just assume that we lose the following:

• Battle [early entry]
  • Brissett [early entry]
  • Frank [graduating]
  • Chukwu [graduating]

...we'd have the open scholarships to be able to bring in a class of up to 6 players. Again, that assumes that the former two go pro -- which is a reasonable expectation.

Buddy will not be shifted to Non-scholly. JB has been beating the "he is just like every other player" drum the whole time. He wont do anything to single Buddy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.