Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Isaiah Stewart, the No. 4 prospect in the ESPN 100, doesn't appear to be as curious about the possibility, telling ESPN's Jeff Borzello that it "is pretty cool that they're at least installing an option for high school players that doesn't want to do college and go straight to the pros," but adding that for him personally "my eyes are set on college," and that the G League option is "never a thought that crossed my mind.""

Top recruits, families react to G League plan

He values education. Not all do.

not that i am predicting that we get either one, but i like our chances better with IS than i do with AA.

Hes pulling the okie doke

images

Generally speaking, what would make a visit "terrible"?

Well .. if half the team struggled to speak in complete sentences while the coach strolled in on a hoverboard.. and you are there to also see the educational side...

In all seriousness social dynamics usually play a big role. If personalities don't mesh then things don't go well.

Well .. if half the team struggled to speak in complete sentences while the coach strolled in on a hoverboard.. and you are there to also see the educational side...

In all seriousness social dynamics usually play a big role. If personalities don't mesh then things don't go well.
Please, somebody, can we get some photoshopped pics of coaches on hoverboards. Mental image of that = gold. Bonus points for anybody that can scrap together an image of Tom Crean on a hoverboard...while petting a cat.

Is Stewart a 1 and done candidate at MSU, Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, Villanova or Syracuse?

My guess would be MSU (yes), Duke (yes), Kentucky (Definitely), Villanova (Possibly), Syracuse (probably), Indiana (yes)?

Where would be his best chance to win a NCAA Championship in his first (and possibly only) year?
MSU (NCAA Team), Indiana (??), Kentucky (NCAA Team), Duke (NCAA Team), Villanova (NCAA Team) and Syracuse (depends on who else they get this year and who stays next year - most likely a NCAA Team)).

Right now, Syracuse players rankings are about 60-70 for Goodine, Girard (175-200) and Ajak (300+).

Well, I think we can safely say the ranking for Girard doesn't matter in this case. Stewart clearly enjoyed having shooters like Girard and Boeheim at City Rocks. Howard Washington wasn't so highly rated, either, but has played with some talented people, and was his PG and knows how to pass to him. Lots to like about the team we can put around him. It's not always about ranking numbers; it's about how pieces fit togther.

Please, somebody, can we get some photoshopped pics of coaches on hoverboards. Mental image of that = gold. Bonus points for anybody that can scrap together an image of Tom Crean on a hoverboard...while petting a cat.
Indiana as a whole has an uncomfortable strangeness about it.

So officials are:
UK (likely out)
UW
SU
MSU
DUKE (working hard to stay in it)
(Nova and IU on the outside looking in)

Just a guess but I feel like it’s going to come down to staying home with a familiar coaching staff, friends and old teammates or going away to UW with a familiar head coach, friend and old teammate. He could have committed to blue bloods Duke and Uk at any point and hasn’t as of yet. Very possible that his prep year in Indiana made destinations like SU and UW (comfort ability, familiarity) the most likely destinations.

I'm guessing Duke. The two biggest bags out there are Duke and UK and for whatever reason, UK appears to be out of it. K gets guys to commit when they know they won't play a minute and he's been recruiting them for a day and a half. He'll close this one up, I'm betting. Friends of the program, et al.

I'm guessing Duke. The two biggest bags out there are Duke and UK and for whatever reason, UK appears to be out of it. K gets guys to commit when they know they won't play a minute and he's been recruiting them for a day and a half. He'll close this one up, I'm betting. Friends of the program, et al.

Perhaps this is part of the reason UK didn’t do well and K has had to work hard to get the last official. Not all kids are looking for bags or an easy do nothing academic experience.

They have a lot of ground to make up. They are 4th right now.

K is going to pull out all the stops for this one...normally kids are lining up to go there but this go around is different...they need IS and are going to try everything to get him. I hope he sees right through the B.S.

K is going to pull out all the stops for this one...normally kids are lining up to go there but this go around is different...they need IS and are going to try everything to get him. I hope he sees right through the B.S.

His parent/uncle/grandfather/nephew is going to be shortly announced as the new Chief of Investment Strategy for a North Carolina based hedge fund and/or as a VP at a Research Triangle Think Tank here in 3... 2... 1...

Sounds promising...best article I've read yet regarding stew...every other media source pretty much leaves us right out of it like a bunch of jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.