Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn’t mean anything to me. To me it means hey bro txt me I haven’t talked to u in awhile. Has nothing to do with a basketball commitment.

While is doesn't scream commit. It's always a good sign if he is in contact with a commit of ours. Especially when the Duke Syracuse Game will likely be brought up in conversation

He favors someone different weekly, almost daily it seems. I have heard so many different things about this recruitment I don’t know what to believe. But hey if we are the favorites right now I’m fine with that cause I know for a fact he is closing in on a decision. The favorites close to decision time is never a bad thing.

Can't wait to look back at all the H0T Takes that didn't age well if he does end up committing to us.

I'm not an insider. But reading through the messages, it seems he is a Cuse lean now? Can anyone confirm this?
Not necessarily a lean. Essentially that recruiting analyst is picking him to play for Cuse. Based on what he is hearing that is where he believes Stewart will end up. I'm not saying the team experts are wrong, but I always take it with a grain of salt. Now if Jerry Meyer crystal balled him to cuse, that would be a different story. He is a national expert and is traditionally very accurate.

I know where 94 pages into this and I'm sorry I don't know the answer, but what is the drop dead signing date for 2019 basketball NLIs? In other words, when is this going to end?

Signing Period runs April 17-May 15

Or he could wait until the 1st day of school. Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that his decision was coming soon. Not sure what these top prospects wait for. Aren't they going to be the starter at their position no matter where they go. Most likely one and done. It's not like he is going to go to school for three years like Shaq did.

Or he could wait until the 1st day of school. Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that his decision was coming soon. Not sure what these top prospects wait for. Aren't they going to be the starter at their position no matter where they go. Most likely one and done. It's not like he is going to go to school for three years like Shaq did.

there's reasons to wait--see how rosters shake out, see what the team's projections are for the following year, see where other guys will commit; also, the general, i am 17-18 year old and have a hard time deciding this life altering decision.

in general, i think people greatly underestimate how hard a decision it must be.

Goodine is the Edelin, not similar playing styles but could be just as effective. I really like his game.
I understand the analogy you are making but I feel pretty confident that Goodine will be at worst the second best player of the four we have signed. His athleticism and shooting have been very impressive and people close to that program have raved about his worth ethic and attitude. Straight baller.

Maybe he is simply undecided. He may like more than one option. Maybe he is waiting to see if Izzo is indicted as a co-conspirator, or if K is back. Who knows?
I just know its his decision and he owes no one an explanation as to his timeline.

I wouldn’t be so definitive...

In law school they teach you to speak in less definitive terms. My guess is it's unlikely that Hop will ever return to Cuse. But JB putting the hard press that Syracuse needs him...

Other than death, there is nothing definitive about life. And I have a feeling Stewart is going to stick people with where he ends up and it'll be either us or Washington.

MSUs 247 insider isn’t the most accurate ever... he is wrong way more often than he is right. I personally still see him at Duke as much as I don’t want that to happen. I wouldn’t trust MSUs insiders CB pick as a general rule.

MSUs insider isn’t the most accurate ever... he is wrong way more often than he is right. I personally still see him at Duke as much as I don’t want that to happen. I wouldn’t trust MSUs insiders CB pick as a general rule.

How do we know to trust you on your opinion of msu insider? It would seem quite paradoxical to trust your opinion not to trust him on the matter. Therefore, your point is a bit illusory.

How do we know to trust you on your opinion of msu insider? It would seem quite paradoxical to trust your opinion not to trust him on the matter. Therefore, your point is a bit illusory.
CED1CD88-B5D5-4B4C-BD32-FD78142403A9.gif

there's reasons to wait--see how rosters shake out, see what the team's projections are for the following year, see where other guys will commit; also, the general, i am 17-18 year old and have a hard time deciding this life altering decision.

in general, i think people greatly underestimate how hard a decision it must be.

College decisions are one of the toughest decisions you make. It's funny, some of the people who get worked up about these recruiting timelines are probably the parents who take their kid on 30 college visits.

I’m still in “I will root for this kid as long as he doesn’t go to Duke” mode.

He could singlehandidly change the whole recent narrative on the SU program though. We could win it all next year with him, IMO.
And that is what we tell him. IS, we just beat duke at duke. You know Joe G. You know Buddy. You know Jackson, who we will get, we have a lot back. We are missing a low post scorer.

And that is what we tell him. IS, we just beat duke at duke. You know Joe G. You know Buddy. You know Jackson, who we will get, we have a lot back. We are missing a low post scorer.
I still like our chances. Zay already had a strong local connection to the program. Hopefully JG3 and the W at Duh-k will put us over the top.

Last edited:

Won't Zay be gone by the time Jackson rolls through?

Status
Not open for further replies.