Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the 24 knuckleheads today give us a 5% chance of getting Stewart.

I know Coach Hop has a great rapport with Stewart and UofW is a fine institution, but why in the hell would Isaiah want to travel 2500 miles from home to play ball in the PAC12. That just doesn't make any sense. I could see the ACC or Big10, given the location and how many people watch those schools games. I live in California and I don't watch PAC12 bball games. Does anyone? Where's that video of the Stewart's cutting birthday cake at the Boeheim's house. That clip should be running 24x7 somewhere that Isaiah has access too. Does Isaiah let the cat out of the bag at the Dome during half-time of the Duke game in front of 36k?

A lot of people seem to think Hop has him, likely headed to Washington.

1547683098211.jpeg

I know Coach Hop has a great rapport with Stewart and UofW is a fine institution, but why in the hell would Isaiah want to travel 2500 miles from home to play ball in the PAC12. That just doesn't make any sense. I could see the ACC or Big10, given the location and how many people watch those schools games. I live in California and I don't watch PAC12 bball games. Does anyone? Where's that video of the Stewart's cutting birthday cake at the Boeheim's house. That clip should be running 24x7 somewhere that Isaiah has access too. Does Isaiah let the cat out of the bag at the Dome during half-time of the Duke game in front of 36k?
Yeah I don’t understand why Zay would go to UW. Hop is great but the PAC-12 sucks.
Too much downside with going there.

UW might be decent but the PAC12 sucks. It is an inferior conference to the ACC and Big 10 or 12 for basketball. He simply won’t get the attention or notoriety he would receive if he played at Washington vs Duke/MSU. I follow college b-ball regularly and didn’t even know who the hell Faulk was until he got drafted. That could make me a little incompetent as a fan however it also proves my point-nobody really cares about the PAC-12 and most eyeballs are on the bigger conferences. Again this is all my opinion and based on what I feel is actually occurring.
And the PAC-12 games air on TV at 11pm on the Easst Coast during the week! Not prime time. PAC 12 is a weak league and getting worse. I hope Zay sees that it’s better he goes to an ACC or Big 10 school, despite his close relationship with Hop.

I’m still in “I will root for this kid as long as he doesn’t go to Duke” mode.

He could singlehandidly change the whole recent narrative on the SU program though. We could win it all next year with him, IMO.
Carey would have to make a massive jump ir Goodine be a revelation at PG for that to be a possibility

No idea. I don't think anyone else has any idea either. He likes Hop. We are close and have friends of his on the team. Duke is Duke. I don't get MSU. They aren't any more than us.

His high school coach is jaren jacksons father. Since he sent his son there, hes probably close w izzo. That helps them. Senior also went to gtown :/

Last edited:
Is there a timetable on his decision?

Is there a timetable on his decision?
There isn't which is why I take it with a grain of salt. I don't doubt that if that many people have it there are people close to Stewart saying it and they are probably leading right now. If it was over though he would announce. It would be a crazy get for Hop. Not all kids want to play close to home. Some kids like having new experiences and living new places. He is a lottery pick no matter where he goes so it's not like Washington vs Duke vs Cuse will impact his future in a big way. To be honest if Hop land Jaden McDaniels out of Seattle to go along with Stewart they would really complement each other and UW would be really good.

There isn't which is why I take it with a grain of salt. I don't doubt that if that many people have it there are people close to Stewart saying it and they are probably leading right now. If it was over though he would announce. It would be a crazy get for Hop. Not all kids want to play close to home. Some kids like having new experiences and living new places. He is a lottery pick no matter where he goes so it's not like Washington vs Duke vs Cuse will impact his future in a big way. To be honest if Hop land Jaden McDaniels out of Seattle to go along with Stewart they would really complement each other and UW would be really good.

Zay has already lived away from home for the past 1.5 years, in Indiana.

He's going to be away from home for the next decade + playing Pro ball.

This is literally his last chance to play close to home, so his family & friends can watch him.
And he's got several buddies on the Syracuse team already.

Of course - none of this may mean a thing.
Kids these days.

It's not a troll job. Go on . There are like 8 people that have him going there over the last few weeks

something doesn't have to be false for it to be a troll post. if that's what you are inferring.

something doesn't have to be false for it to be a troll post. if that's what you are inferring.
I was more just pointing out that it could be correct. I think of trolling as something being a half truth and being thrown in your face but you are right it doesnt have to be false

Status
Not open for further replies.