Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
6osns0.jpg

haven't been paying super close attention to this one, but seems like there's been no mention of mom/dad... or maybe I missed it? Are they maybe more hands-off than most parents?

Regardless of recent success, it goes without saying that we are the far bigger program. Really can’t compare Carver to The Dome. It’s night and day

Also - it's a PITA to get to Iowa from Maine.

TWENTY hour drive.
NO direct flights.

Syracuse is an easy 6hr drive from S. Portland ME.

This stuff matters:
getting back & forth to school, family & friends being able to see him play, etc.

Also - it's a PITA to get to Iowa from Maine.

TWENTY hour drive.
NO direct flights.

Syracuse is an easy 6hr drive from S. Portland ME.

This stuff matters:
getting back & forth to school, family & friends being able to see him play, etc.

Good point. Not to mention outside of Rutgers and Penn State nothing is reasonably close.

Last edited:
Regardless of recent success, it goes without saying that we are the far bigger program. Really can’t compare Carver to The Dome. It’s night and day

FWIW Iowa insider put a CB forward at 5 confidence level... let's see, hopefully wishful thinking

FWIW Iowa insider put a CB forward at 5 confidence level... let's see, hopefully wishful thinking

I'm sure they feel confident -- he's on record as stating that he had a good visit there.

But that seems dumb, considering he still has a visit left. And nothing would please me more than to send those Hawkeye dopes packing with respect to how this unfolds.

I'm sure they feel confident -- he's on record as stating that he had a good visit there.

But that seems dumb, considering he still has a visit left. And nothing would please me more than to send those Hawkeye dopes packing with respect to how this unfolds.
Exactly. If he canceled his Cuse visit I could understand, but it makes no sense.

Yeah this is like (and no disrespect whatsoever) McAllister putting a ball on Cuse after hearing about a good visit here. We’ve seen it time and time again it doesn’t mean much.

Interesting enough Iowas class this year for 22 was very weak on paper They aren't anywhere in pre season rankings I have seen as well. 2 3 star guys just like 2021 and a ranking in the 70s. Estrella would be their highest rated recruit over the last 7 yrs if not longer.

They have been good at finding gems of late that turned into studs but they don't have a feature guy from high end recruit to point to. Which us then pointing to Jesse is good and all but that is like Iowa pointing to Garza and Murray...

Interesting enough Iowas class this year for 22 was very weak on paper They aren't anywhere in pre season rankings I have seen as well. 2 3 star guys just like 2021 and a ranking in the 70s. Estrella would be their highest rated recruit over the last 7 yrs if not longer.

They have been good at finding gems of late that turned into studs but they don't have a feature guy from high end recruit to point to. Which us then pointing to Jesse is good and all but that is like Iowa pointing to Garza and Murray...

Nothing against Jesse, but - we should be pointing to Rico.
He's a stretch 4, who played effectively at the 5 also, great outside shooter, and got drafted.

And no - this has nothing to do with skin tone, but skillsets.

Per the usual, seems to be a disconnect in info on this one. We feel good but Iowa folks view Tenn as their main competition...
That's why I figured not to read into anything. After JP posted an instagram story showing he narrowed it to SU/Iowa, multiple Iowa sources claimed SU is a non-factor and it's a battle against Tennessee. Shows people pull stuff out of thin air to get clicks.

Judah also said he had absolutely no idea where the Depaul CBs came from -- was very surprised to see them. People want clicks and to be first more than they want to be right.

Nothing against Jesse, but - we should be pointing to Rico.
He's a stretch 4, who played effectively at the 5 also, great outside shooter, and got drafted.

And no - this has nothing to do with skin tone, but skillsets.
I was surprised to hear JP say that Cuse is telling him Jesse's the model. He's way more Lydon than Jesse. Staff is also telling him they want 5 guys on the floor who can shoot it, presumably a 5-out model, and that's not the case with Jesse, so maybe we're just hearing bits and pieces of the pitch.

Brent Axe on Twitch just talked to a guy, (I think he was a staffer- it was a discussion, not an interview), who spoke with Estrella and he quoted Estrella as saying he loved Duke but felt they had too much depth at his position and "he wants to get some cuts and bruises as a freshman". Brent said "My kinda guy!" The guy also quoted Estrella as saying he liked Iowa but "it's all cornfields".

Telling State of the Union when middling B1G program is confident recruiting against us. Team like Iowa would have given up in despair on a kid like this, once we put on the press.

Telling State of the Union when middling B1G program is confident recruiting against us. Team like Iowa would have given up in despair on a kid like this, once we put on the press.
The telling State of College Basketball is that kids want to go where they are guaranteed minutes and if they don't play will change schools as often as some of the guys change their boxers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom