Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, JP himself either retweeted or posted a pick that has half Cuse and Half Iowa uniforms...so...
He didn’t. There’s a difference between being tagged on instagram and liking/posting something.

That post is from another instagram account. You can search who likes something on a post on instagram. JP doesn’t show up as liking it when you search that post’s likes.

It’s just some guys opinion who looks like he follows Maine recruiting. He’s probably just following recent buzz. It’s not a confirmation from JP.

He didn’t. There’s a difference between being tagged on instagram and liking/posting something.

That post is from another instagram account. You can search who likes something on a post on instagram. JP doesn’t show up as liking it when you search that post’s likes.

It’s just some guys opinion who looks like he follows Maine recruiting. He’s probably just following recent buzz. It’s not a confirmation from JP.
JP may not have "liked" it, but he definitely shared the SU/Iowa split jersey on his IG stories the other day. The screenshot is a couple pages back in this thread.

False, he shared it on HIS story. Being tagged doesn't automatically add it to your story. You have the option to share/add it. Which he obviously did. Back to the Iowa board for you!

I’ve gone on record here in Iowa..I came here an Iowa wrestling fan…because I came to wrestle at a smaller college.

Then Iowa fans turned me off of the Hawkeyes. They seem to have a weird arrogance about them for not accomplishing too much. Their football team has been very “overly” mediocre. I mean…better than us and consistently good not great. Hoops….even less so. But I always hear them call themselves the “bullies of the Big10”. They have great upsets every few years. ‍

Rant over….my wife is a Hawkeye.

Last edited:
I’ve gone on record here in Iowa..I came here an Iowa wrestling fan…because I came to wrestle at a smaller college.

Then Iowa fans turned me off of the Hawkeyes. They seem to have a weird arrogance about them for not accomplishing too much. Their football team has been very “overly” mediocre. I mean…better than us and consistently good not great. Hoops….even less so. But I always hear them call themselves the “bullies of the Big10”. They have great upsets every few years. ‍♂️♂️♂️

Rant over….my wife is a Hawkeye.
She hot?

You can tell this is the first top-20 kid Iowa has ever had take an official visit because their fans have no idea how to act
Is JP top 20? I thought more like top 60.

I think we will take him no matter his ranking! Classic example of rankings being out of whack?
He's a massive priority and a game-changing recruit. His rankings are out of whack because he was a late bloomer and not from a recruiting hotbed. Syracuse was his first D-1 offer just a year ago. He was an unknown kid from Maine who had a growth spurt. Cuse offered him before he blew up and shot up the rankings -- kudos to the staff for continually identifying talent early. ESPN just hasn't caught up since he just came on to the scene within the last year. He'll be something special. Perfect for Cuse too - he would be a star here.

How many people in the country pay any attention to Iowa basketball? Even when we are down we always get a side eye from everyone knowing we are dangerous at any time. If he wants attention Cuse is the place

How many people in the country pay any attention to Iowa basketball? Even when we are down we always get a side eye from everyone knowing we are dangerous at any time. If he wants attention Cuse is the place
Even in our worst years, teams hope not to draw our name in March. And 2023-24 will not be a bad year.

Opportunity is the key word because thats legal. Any promises as a form of getting a kid to attend is not.

Whats the difference between “Come here and participate in the collective and make money” and “I promise the collective will give you money if you come here”?

Whats the difference between “Come here and participate in the collective and make money” and “I promise the collective will give you money if you come here”?

That’s too nuanced. The difference is between “come here and we’ll give you $200,000” and telling a recruit what the school can do such as education, database of opportunities, etc while the recruit themselves looks at what some players are doing for NIL.

That’s too nuanced. The difference is between “come here and we’ll give you $200,000” and telling a recruit what the school can do such as education, database of opportunities, etc while the recruit themselves looks at what some players are doing for NIL.

Thats my whole point. The nuance makes it too difficult to regulate. You won’t get caught unless you are a moron.

To be clear, I am not trying to argue with you just point out how untenable this situation is.

Thats my whole point. The nuance makes it too difficult to regulate. You won’t get caught unless you are a moron.

To be clear, I am not trying to argue with you just point out how untenable this situation is.

Especially when the ncaa has no balls.

He does not want to be a 5.
Sounds like from what he's said on podcasts recently Cuse and other schools are recruiting him as someone who will at least play some min at the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom