Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on with the NIL Collective that's coming in the Fall? I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Full disclosure - I've mentioned before my dad went to Iowa, so I cheer for them also, but SU is always my primary team. But I know quite a bit about both programs.

Iowa upgraded Carver Hawkeye Arena in 2011 with a new practice facility

They also have an NIL collective, which may or may not be a factor in this recruitment.

They pulled in some big football recruits this year with that collective

They paid recruits?
I wouldn’t say that. It’s a voluntary deal. But I’m sure recruits know the opportunity is now out there. It’s not like some schools where someone is paying the whole team. It’s available for mens and womens basketball players and football players and everyone who participates in the autograph sessions, meet and greet and community service aspect gets the same amount of money out of the pool.

I wouldn’t say that. It’s a voluntary deal. But I’m sure recruits know the opportunity is now out there. It’s not like some schools where someone is paying the whole team. It’s available for mens and womens basketball players and football players and everyone who participates in the autograph sessions, meet and greet and community service aspect gets the same amount of money out of the pool.
NIL done right.

Opportunity is the key word because thats legal. Any promises as a form of getting a kid to attend is not.

I think you know what I mean. I dont believe the collective actually paid the recruits...

I’m curious how big that collective is. Looking at their website people can get in for fairly cheap considering some of the one offs out there. Of course even though the max shows $10k if someone wanted to toss in $1m nobody would stop them.

Iowa's 247 insider said that he doesn't view Syracuse as a threat even with the visit, and that its a battle between Iowa and Tenn for JP...

Iowa's 247 insider said that he doesn't view Syracuse as a threat even with the visit, and that its a battle between Iowa and Tenn for JP...
Maybe he is right but that's very shortsighted to say. It's not like we are some hometown junior college. Maybe Fran is confident but he has been in many recruiting wars that he knows anything can happen until the last second in the mind of an eighteen year old.

Who knows if it’s accurate. But how are these middling programs like Iowa now competing with us in recruiting let alone surpassing us?

Yeah I looked at the Iowa fan forum today and some fans say they aren’t worried about Syracuse and that Iowa’s better. Syracuse is still a better program than Iowa.

JB & staff -

66407020.jpg

Yeah I looked at the Iowa fan forum today and some fans say they aren’t worried about Syracuse and that Iowa’s better. Syracuse is still a better program than Iowa.

We may be down but Iowa should be reminded their last sweet 16 was 1999, elite 8 1987 and FF 1980. On the upswing talent wise and yet have done little with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom