Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Estrella’s official visit to Syracuse over the last two days mirrored most other recruits’ trips to the SU campus.

The highly-regarded 6-foot-11 big in the 2023 class saw the Carmelo K. Anthony Center, toured the school’s campus, and met the Orange players.

But one portion of the visit stood out. A round of golf at Drumlins, the university-owned country club.

Estrella hit the links along with his father, Syracuse guard Joe Girard, SU assistants Adrian Autry, Gerry McNamara and Allen Griffin and some other members of the basketball staff.

Estrella said both Girard and McNamara hit the ball well. As far as how he did, Estrella said, “The first two holes weren’t too good, but then I started to warm up.’'

Estrella said he and Girard wound up winning a four-hole scramble.

JP Estrella’s official visit to Syracuse over the last two days mirrored most other recruits’ trips to the SU campus.

The highly-regarded 6-foot-11 big in the 2023 class saw the Carmelo K. Anthony Center, toured the school’s campus, and met the Orange players.

But one portion of the visit stood out. A round of golf at Drumlins, the university-owned country club.

Estrella hit the links along with his father, Syracuse guard Joe Girard, SU assistants Adrian Autry, Gerry McNamara and Allen Griffin and some other members of the basketball staff.

Estrella said both Girard and McNamara hit the ball well. As far as how he did, Estrella said, “The first two holes weren’t too good, but then I started to warm up.’'

I have seen GMac play. He has a really good swing. Fine player.

Pretty sure the SU students can play both Drumlins courses for free. Definitely the public one.

Nice perk.

Might be the first time the golf course plays a role in landing a quality hoops recruit. I like it.

Not the take I expect from someone with the handle Orangefan1.

Seems like something Orangefan2 would say.
I just read Mike's article and it sounds like the visit went very well and we are in great position to land the kid. The fact that he stayed close to home by going to Brewster this Fall instead of some of the other bigger schools/programs out West/Mid-West and the big 2 in Florida (IMG/Monteverde) bodes well for us.

Playing a round of golf on a visit is knowing a lot about a recruit. Kudos to the staff. Do you bet Joe goes for the green from 300 yards out?

"The visit went really well," Estrella said. "I got to do a lot of fun stuff. My favorite part was going to coach's house and hang out with the guys, play some. hoops with all of them, watch the managers one v one each other. It was pretty fun going to his house. Overall the visit went really great."
Julie with the close

After watching his highlights, he has great skills and basketball IQ. Great hands, touch and very instinctive when moving without the ball or following shots. He’s the new kind of big man that can pick and pop. Really good footwork getting off his baby hooks.

Pretty sure the SU students can play both Drumlins courses for free. Definitely the public one.

Nice perk.

Might be the first time the golf course plays a role in landing a quality hoops recruit. I like it.
Only the west, you have to sneak onto the east’s #2 after you finish #3 on the west

This kid just committed to Iowa and has a brother that's committed as well. Was on his visit with JP...I think that leaves one spot open for them. All eyes on JP...let's hope we closed this weekend!

Who is it and what positions do they play.
6'7 SF that they're hoping gets to 6'9 according to a recent article...not sure it effects JPs recruitment in any way but they did visit together.

Playing a round of golf on a visit is knowing a lot about a recruit. Kudos to the staff. Do you bet Joe goes for the green from 300 yards out?

They don't call him "Fairway Joe" for nothing...

This kid just committed to Iowa and has a brother that's committed as well. Was on his visit with JP...I think that leaves one spot open for them. All eyes on JP...let's hope we closed this weekend!

Heart skipped a beat on this post. Hope it does (for the right reasons) when JP actually commits.

No surprise here with this commitment. His brother had a solid freshman year and really seemed to enjoy playing for the Hawkeyes. I don’t think his commitment will influence JPs decision.

No surprise here with this commitment. His brother had a solid freshman year and really seemed to enjoy playing for the Hawkeyes. I don’t think his commitment will influence JPs decision.
The only reason it would influence JPs decision is it sounds like they really bonded during the visit last weekend according to multiple articles i read last weekend. If you go to that kid's instagram, JP commented on the announcement post and Price's reply back was "it's time to get it done future roommate."
Let's hope the bond wasn't that strong.

The only reason it would influence JPs decision is it sounds like they really bonded during the visit last weekend according to multiple articles i read last weekend. If you go to that kid's instagram, JP commented on the announcement post and Price's reply back was "it's time to get it done future roommate."
Let's hope the bond wasn't that strong.
Yeah I don’t like that connection

Yeah I don’t like that connection
Although pryce and the iowa guys pestering JP on social media shows that at least he hasn’t told them he’s in, or else they wouldn’t be blowing up his spot. They’re clearly trying to convince him. Shows he’s telling them he isn’t sure. After his Cuse visit he could tip in our favor

Although pryce and the iowa guys pestering JP on social media shows that at least he hasn’t told them he’s in, or else they wouldn’t be blowing up his spot. They’re clearly trying to convince him. Shows he’s telling them he isn’t sure. After his Cuse visit he could tip in our favor

Their other commitment has been pushing JP too. I have no doubt Iowa had the Pryce kid announce today right after JPs visit here was over.

Yeah JP doesn't strike me as a guy who would waste anyone's time with a visit if he's already decided. My gut says that he decides in the next few days and is done taking visits. Maybe he'll announce a decision next Friday on ESPNU during that all-star event he's playing in.

I shouldn’t admit This but I typed that while driving….at least that’s my excuse lol

Anne Heche? I didn’t know you posted here.

(Yeah possibly too soon)

Nice perk.

Yeah usually it is the Symphony and hiking trails getting all the shine!

This feels like it could be another close recruiting loss. Wonder why so many have come down to the wire recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom