Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This point all day... I was in Faegans at the bar with a group of friends who had been out all day together. When Warrick blocked that shot, I leapt into the arms of the big dude next to me, who happened to be a complete stranger!

He didn't care or notice; he carried me in an embrace out the door into the riot on Marshall street. We had seriously goofy grins when we realized what happened. :)

I lost all my friends for the night in that moment, but I didn't care one bit. That was the best celebration of my life.

Nobody could take that away, just like JB's wins are stored in my heart.

Just so long as everyone understands- we are turning into Cowboys fans when it comes to the memories factor. As a hated Cowboys fan it's clear as day the many similarities.

When they are almost 80, set in their ways
When they start to forget that- what they built, no longer belongs to just themselves.
I work w/ business owners who built successfully from scratch, and then trust no one except maybe their family (sons, daughters, nephews, etc), to take over when it’s time to let go.
They stick to the old processes and philosophies, and woe be to him that tells them they need to change something.
If they’re not forced out, there’s a very real danger of damaging the very thing they love the most.
Motto: You have to know, and accept, when it’s time to leave the stage.

When does having a Hall of Fame coach stop being an advantage. When that Hall of Fame coach stops doing the things that got him to the Hall of Fame.
I guess you and the rest of the so called fans can do better I don't think so

When they start to forget that- what they built, no longer belongs to just themselves.
I work w/ business owners who built successfully from scratch, and then trust no one except maybe their family (sons, daughters, nephews, etc), to take over when it’s time to let go.
They stick to the old processes and philosophies, and woe be to him that tells them they need to change something.
If they’re not forced out, there’s a very real danger of damaging the very thing they love the most.
Motto: You have to know, and accept, when it’s time to leave the stage.
Agreed. I built a nonprofit legal association from nothing over 30 years to an industry leader. SU law review dedicated issue to my career in law. When it was time, I stepped away end of 2019. Perfect timing. Happy with my grandkids every day; the organization changed and will renew with new voice.
Would have been a disaster to navigate through covid that changed business model. A new reality like NIL. I emphasize with JB but he’s risking all he built.

Do you mean all of us “so called fans” at the same time or one at a time?

I was you…about 3 seasons ago.
I’d come here and have at it with what i thought were negatoid attitudes from other posters. But the truth will always come out, and facts cannot be debated. We’ve regressed….badly.

Last edited:
I’d come here and have at it with what i thought were negatoid attitudes from people. But the truth will always come out.

Same.
  • 10 years ago, I couldn't stand the negativity on this forum, and used to argue against people who attacked Boeheim.
  • 8 years ago, I defended JB against the tyranny of draconian NCAA sanctions, that were arbitrary, capricious, and not commensurate with the penny ante violations that were being reported.
  • 6 years ago, I was proudly touting the 2016 F4 run as evidence that Boeheim still had it, and that it was only probation / scholarship restrictions holding us back.
  • 5 years ago, I was concerned about what was up until that point the worst non-conference performance in JB's tenure, but chalked it up to him just switching to John Gillon too late -- after all, look at all those top 10 teams we beat afterwards!
  • 4 years ago, I was numb that we wouldn't make the tournament after losing in the first round to Pitt, and then jubilant when we knocked off Michigan State, erasing the stink of the regular season.
  • 3 years ago, I was scratching my head, about why we weren't able to build on that despite having everyone back and lots of excitement heading into the season.
  • 2 years ago, we stunk... but it didn't matter, because COVID masked that we weren't going to the NCAA, anyway.
  • Last year, a subpar season was again erased by Buddy being en fuego for a couple of games in the ACCT and NCAAT.
  • And after this past year's exhibition games, I was shocked by how unathletic our team looked -- en route to posting our first losing season in JB's tenure.
It sucks coming to the slow realization that your baby's ugly. And some people still choose to deny that, and some people try to rationalize it away. But at some point, a blip turns into a multi-year trend, and the problems that caused cracks in the foundation years ago become more acute, and the poor performance can't get offset by a run in the NCAA tournament that offsets an otherwise poor year.

And after an eight-year period of tangible decline, it isn't "so called fans" that are wrong, it's the frog who can't tell that the water is boiling around them that's off-base.

Last edited:
I’d come here and have at it with what i thought were negatoid attitudes from other posters. But the truth will always come out, and facts cannot be debated. We’ve regressed….badly.
Same.
  • 10 years ago, I couldn't stand the negativity on this forum, and used to argue against people who attacked Boeheim.
  • 8 years ago, I defended JB against the tyranny of draconian NCAA sanctions, that were arbitrary, capricious, and not commensurate with the penny ante violations that were being reported.
  • 6 years ago, I was proudly touting the 2016 F4 run as evidence that Boeheim still had it, and that it was only probation / scholarship restrictions holding us back.
  • 5 years ago, I was concerned about what was up until that point the worst non-conference performance in JB's tenure, but chalked it up to him just switching to John Gillon too late -- after all, look at all those top 10 teams we beat afterwards!
  • 4 years ago, I was numb that we wouldn't make the tournament after losing in the first round to Pitt, and then jubilant when we knocked off Michigan State, erasing the stink of the regular season.
  • 3 years ago, I was scratching my head, about why we weren't able to build on that despite having everyone back and lots of excitement heading into the season.
  • 2 years ago, we stunk... but it didn't matter, because COVID masked that we weren't going to the NCAA, anyway.
  • Last year, a subpar season was again erased by Buddy being en fuego for a couple of games in the ACCT and NCAAT.
  • And after this past year's exhibition games, I was shocked by how unathletic our team looked -- en route to posting our first losing season in JB's tenure.
It sucks coming to the slow realization that your baby's ugly. And some people still choose to deny that, and some people try to rationalize it away. But at some point, a blip turns into a multi-year trend, and the problems that caused cracks in the foundation years ago become more acute, and the poor performance can't get offset by a run in the NCAA tournament that offsets an otherwise poor year.

And after an eight-year period of tangible decline, it isn't "so called fans" that are wrong, it's the frog who can't tell that the water is boiling around them that's off-base.
Listen, we need to get together to figure out how we want to coach this year’s team.

Same.

I think I'm still a year or two behind you... I'm not ready to retire JB with or without his consent, but I'm heading there.

If the recruiting class this year is as bad as it seems to be shaping up, and my optimism for the upcoming season is proven to be unfounded... Well, I and a lot of our fellow fans will come around.

I believe, however, that the raw talent from Benny Williams and Judah Mintz, combined with the savvy and experience of Girard and Edwards will allow us to enjoy this season the most out of the last five seasons and JB will rightfully ride off into the sunset with an honorable end instead of fleeing the scene of a disaster.

I pray I'm right.

I think JP Estrella committing to us will be another data point supporting the contrary argument, along with another out of the woodwork recruit that makes everything seem not so bad.

Here's to hoping this is all a troll... thinking of your well being with that comment as well.

I think I'm still a year or two behind you... I'm not ready to retire JB with or without his consent, but I'm heading there.

If the recruiting class this year is as bad as it seems to be shaping up, and my optimism for the upcoming season is proven to be unfounded... Well, I and a lot of our fellow fans will come around.

I believe, however, that the raw talent from Benny Williams and Judah Mintz, combined with the savvy and experience of Girard and Edwards will allow us to enjoy this season the most out of the last five seasons and JB will rightfully ride off into the sunset with an honorable end instead of fleeing the scene of a disaster.

I pray I'm right.

I think JP Estrella committing to us will be another data point supporting the contrary argument, along with another out of the woodwork recruit that makes everything seem not so bad.
I agree with you but JP isn’t coming here. There’s no chance it happens.

I agree with you but JP isn’t coming here. There’s no chance it happens.
Ive had a feeling Estrella would pull through and we would land him despite analyst prediction, but the fact that he unfollowed Peter Carey on instagram shows he doesn’t plan on being his teammate. Otherwise he would have dealt with whatever BS happened. Disappointed to say you’re probably right.

Ive had a feeling Estrella would pull through and we would land him despite analyst prediction, but the fact that he unfollowed Peter Carey on instagram shows he doesn’t plan on being his teammate. Otherwise he would have dealt with whatever BS happened. Disappointed to say you’re probably right.
There is also the fact that EVERY insider here has the same story.

There is also the fact that EVERY insider here has the same story.
What story? Part of the reason I was optimistic was because of insiders here saying positive things a couple weeks ago - I was thinking maybe he locked it in already.

The day he unfollowed Carey he also unfollowed 3 Tennessee players. What does it all mean? Nothing. He likes social media. Maybe when he follows someone he DMs them and if they don’t reply maybe he unfollows them. No idea.

What story? Part of the reason I was optimistic was because of insiders here saying positive things a couple weeks ago - I was thinking maybe he locked it in already.
I believe the positivity after his visit was due to the staff feeling it was a great visit. But, since then, it’s been made clear he won’t be coming to SU. If the reason wasn’t shared here, I won’t be the one to share it. But, if you read all the posts, the reason is fairly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom