Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mintz was a great add but the smoke being mostly Depaul and flipping to SU late was an anomaly. The smoke on Estrella to Tenn is legit.
You're probably right. Playing devil's advocate though -- Estrella is a nice guy who is hyped about his recruitment blowing up and has managed to convince several coaches he wants to play for them, likely based on his excitement level and good manners. I get the impression he loves every option and it's a bit mind-blowing to him, considering his fast rise up the rankings. His family keeps it close to the chest. That's the type of recruitment that leads to wrong predictions. I could see a scenario where Barnes' staff got the same impression that McCaffery's staff got, and it leaked to analysists and caught fire. Who knows.

Noticed a weird instagram interaction. Estrella followed a bunch of Cuse guys after his OV, including Carey, and everyone except Carey followed him back. It now appears Estrella no longer follows Carey. Makes you wonder.

Noticed a weird instagram interaction. Estrella followed a bunch of Cuse guys after his OV, including Carey, and everyone except Carey followed him back. It now appears Estrella no longer follows Carey. Makes you wonder.

Teenage Instagram Drama.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Well let's hope this season goes a lot better than where a lot of the trends are with these '23 recruits.. or as it seems at least. Especially bummed on what seems the inevitable with JP.

Well let's hope this season goes a lot better than where a lot of the trends are with these '23 recruits.. or as it seems at least. Especially bummed on what seems the inevitable with JP.
The relevance of the program is at an all time low. We are going to be more late cycle guys until there are changes made.

Is this like Kenny Anderson's hosts ditching him on Marshall St? Next year, when we have a portal center visiting, keep Carey on the other side of campus.

Not for nothing, and it’s probably not feasible or practical, but I’d love if there was some sort of assessment done after every lost recruiting battle. Perhaps internally there’s already something in place, but it’d be fascinating to see the results from the kid’s perspective. Preferably involving a survey asking questions like; “What made you pick school A”? “Was there anything we could’ve done better”? ….Etc etc.
i mean I’m looking at this from purely a management assessment perspective, and the answers might not be what we want to hear, but it’s a good way of seeing where we are right now in terms of recruiting.
Obviously there is the 500lb gorilla in the room, but seeing as that’s not changing any time soon, these accountability tests might be helpful, no? Just spitballing here, guys- pls don’t crucify.

Last edited:
Transfers R OK. We can get relevant in a hurry with our following and the dome. KY has had down years as well.

Not a fair comparison at all. They are failing to win titles with a stinker season here and there. We aren't sniffing the top 25 and having to get desperation wins late in the year to make the tourney. Not to mention being a letdown for the ACC expecting to bring in a hoops stalwart.

Not for nothing, and it’s probably not feasible or practical, but I’d love if there was some sort of assessment done after every lost recruiting battle. Perhaps internally there’s already something in place, but it’d be fascinating to see the results from the kid’s perspective. Preferably involving a survey asking questions like; “What made you pick school A”? “Was there anything we could’ve done better”? ….Etc etc.
i mean I’m looking at this from purely a management assessment perspective, and the answers might not be what we want to hear, but it’s a good way of seeing where we are right now in terms of recruiting.
Obviously there is the 500lb gorilla in the room, but seeing as that’s not changing any time soon, these accountability tests might be helpful, no? Just spitballing here, guys- pls don’t crucify.
I mean you're basically talking about a win/loss survey.

If you are looking for Plan B, you are giving up which a number of posters appear to be doing.

It has been stated that it is never over until the recruits signs on a dotted line.

By the way, believe that Syracuse is still interested in Papa Kante. Plus, TJ Powers stated he was interested in Syracuse but never had return interest. May be too late for Powers but there are always other fish in the sea if Estrella does not materialize.

Best to believe until formally proven incorrect.

I'll preface this by saying I'm sure there is a lot I/we don't know. But considering the following the 2023 class recruiting has become a dumpster fire.
1.) JB apparently not being all in on the Estrella visit including not being in the pictures with the parents.
2.) Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by treating Ducharme like a second class recruit.
3.) Not making the top 5 for Gertrude a week after he said he wanted to visit.
4.) Not making the top ELEVEN for Elmarko Jackson.
5.) The cloak and dagger nonsense with Trey Autry which likely led to 3 and 4 above.
6.) The coaching uncertainty. Contrast how Duke handled their succession.
7.) Getting in late on Mike Williams.
8.) Teams recruiting against the zone which in this era of positionless basketball where most players can shoot has been rendered useless and easy to defeat.

If you are looking for Plan B, you are giving up which a number of posters appear to be doing.

It has been stated that it is never over until the recruits signs on a dotted line.

By the way, believe that Syracuse is still interested in Papa Kante. Plus, TJ Powers stated he was interested in Syracuse but never had return interest. May be too late for Powers but there are always other fish in the sea if Estrella does not materialize.

Best to believe until formally proven incorrect.
Papa ain’t coming here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors