Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke with the head of player development at Iowa. He pretty much said they know JP is going to Tennessee because of the 400k NIL money.
So JP is allegedly getting twice as much as Anthony Davis allegedly got to go to UK. What a time to be alive.

The credit for the wins, the loses and the development (or lack of development) all go to the HC. It's his system, his program, his assistants, his processes, etc.
However, the program can only provide the tools, support and opportunity to develop. It is, of course, ultimately up to the player to put in the work. To not give credit to the head guy is wrong.
As for developed players, Elijah Hughes and Buddy come to mind, recently.
I guess you could also throw in Cole Swider who will be paid a lot of money because he left Jay and came to Syracuse.

The credit for the wins, the loses and the development (or lack of development) all go to the HC. It's his system, his program, his assistants, his processes, etc.
However, the program can only provide the tools, support and opportunity to develop. It is, of course, ultimately up to the player to put in the work. To not give credit to the head guy is wrong.
As for developed players, Elijah Hughes and Buddy come to mind, recently.

John Calipari loved this post.

Not directly no, but be real, it is all from boosters who do what they are asked to do. Its not like somebody suddenly can not do without a recruit shilling for their company.

“Boosters do what they are asked to do”

Interesting. While there is a collective made up of boosters, you can make them all donate nor donate enormous amounts if they don’t want too. You can’t dictate how someone spends their money.

What player has credited JB with improving so much he got drafted in the nba recently ? Don’t worry I’ll wait

And yes this actually affected JPs decision

Head coaches don’t live on the court developing individual players. That’s why we, and everyone else, has a guard coach, a coach of the forwards and a coach of the centers. The HC is responsible for developing the team. And they do jump in during team drills if someone is screwing something up.

So JP is allegedly getting twice as much as Anthony Davis allegedly got to go to UK. What a time to be alive.
I Love It GIF

JP might as well get as much NIL money possible being that he will be a solid college player but a borderline NBA player. His best shot at being a pro will be overseas.

Let's wish him luck. Hopefully the boy from Maine enjoys his time in Dolly Land. This one is over by all accounts he is Cuse if not for some boosters and coaches in Dolly land breaking the rules. We need to get used to this as its going to continue until there are not only rules but a governing body that can enforce them.

If I'm SUs next Ball coach, I would focus on the portal and save my NIL chest for the retention of existing players.

If it turns out to be 400K there must be a violation in there some place.

NCAA doesn't care. I don't get all the UT will get theirs argument as though it excuses our program somehow. They made it clear that their role is much smaller in terms of governance. It's the equivalent of waiving the white flag and saying its not fair so just gotta watch the schools willing - clean up.

NCAA doesn't care. I don't get all the UT will get theirs argument as though it excuses our program somehow. They made it clear that their role is much smaller in terms of governance. It's the equivalent of waiving the white flag and saying its not fair so just gotta watch the schools willing - clean up.
I don't get the sour grapes hope for justice either. We, meaning SU, need to get in the game- stop acting like karma will rain moral retribution down on all the "cheaters". It's adorable that some in our fanbase still view things that way, but ultimately wishful thinking. This is how the game is played now.
Dare I say, it's akin to playing a 2-3 zone defense in the Steph Curry Era, and hoping things will work out like they always have in the past. I digress...but the point still stands. ;)

I don't get the sour grapes hope for justice either. We, meaning SU, need to get in the game- stop acting like karma will rain moral retribution down on all the "cheaters". It's adorable that some in our fanbase still view things that way, but ultimately wishful thinking. This is how the game is played now.
Dare I say, it's akin to playing a 2-3 zone defense in the Steph Curry Era, and hoping things will work out like they always have in the past. I digress...but the point still stands. ;)

Yep. Spot on.

Let's wish him luck. Hopefully the boy from Maine enjoys his time in Dolly Land. This one is over by all accounts he is Cuse if not for some boosters and coaches in Dolly land breaking the rules. We need to get used to this as its going to continue until there are not only rules but a governing body that can enforce them.

If I'm SUs next Ball coach, I would focus on the portal and save my NIL chest for the retention of existing players.
“If I'm SUs next Ball coach, I would focus on the portal and save my NIL chest for the retention of existing players.”

I agree with this concept very much for a private school like Syracuse. With that being said, what attributes are most important for the next head coach to have? I would think it would be in game tactician and strategist much like UVA Coach Bennett.

With this new NIL big booster reality, I’m interested in the UVM coach John Becker who seems to be a great tactician with a winning head coach track record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom