Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boosters can’t pay players either. Not saying they’ll do a damn thing but why did the ncaa send a letter to all schools looking for info on schools paying recruits. It’s illegal no matter how you try to spin it.
It is illegal. But until its enforced it wont stop.

Oh well. But most schools aren’t paying players. Just the ones that paid players prior to NIL. And the “system” right now is that paying recruits to attend your school is illegal.

Worst kept secret?

Getting caught up on all this

The word "illegal" is being thrown around alot

If anything the 9-0 Supreme Court decision stated what the NCAA was doing in preventing college athletes from being compensated and earning money was actually "illegal"

So the NCAA rules at this point are a joke because if they ever try to enforce them on a player or school, the schools are lawyered up ready to fight and have this legal precedent as their argument

The NCAA does not want that smoke

So when it comes to Compensation and NIL, the NCAA really has no rules because if they try to enforce, they will likely lose in court

I am very surprised that athletes who were forced not to earn money working by the NCAA, I am specifically remembering Anderson Hunt the ex UNLV guard, have not sued the NCAAA. Maybe the statute of limitations has run out. Let's face it, at the top levels we have been kidding ourselves if we really believe all players were amateurs by the strict definition.

If anything the 9-0 Supreme Court decision stated what the NCAA was doing in preventing college athletes from being compensated and earning money was actually "illegal"

So the NCAA rules at this point are a joke because if they ever try to enforce them on a player or school, the schools are lawyered up ready to fight and have this legal precedent as their argument

So when it comes to Compensation and NIL, the NCAA really has no rules because if they try to enforce, they will likely lose in court

We aren’t talking college athletes at a college. We’re talking potential college athletes. Meaning recruits.

We aren’t talking college athletes at a college. We’re talking potential college athletes. Meaning recruits.
HS kids can also earn NIL $. Dior made $100K as a HS senior doing commercials and endorsements for various companies. NIL “technically” can’t be tied to a school / not pay for play.

Ok, do you really think after that 9-0 Supreme Court decision, the court will say, "yeah, Recruits can't get any compensation, only college athletes'?

They probably lumped them all together as "Amatuer Athletes" meaning there is no distinction in their ruling between a Senior and an incoming freshman recruit. They effectively neutered the NCAA when it comes to this.

The whole point of their decision was this entity (NCAA) cannot stop or block the compensation of these athletes. People in other fields like music and arts can be compensated. Capitalism won.

HS kids can also earn NIL $. Dior made $100K as a HS senior doing commercials and endorsements for various companies. NIL “technically” can’t be tied to a school / not pay for play.

The Supreme Court ruling had nothing to do with NIL. It had to do with educational benefits. Read it.

Recruits can’t be paid to go to a school.

Ok, do you really think after that 9-0 Supreme Court decision, the court will say, "yeah, Recruits can't get any compensation, only college athletes'?

They probably lumped them all together as "Amatuer Athletes" meaning there is no distinction in their ruling between a Senior and an incoming freshman recruit. They effectively neutered the NCAA when it comes to this.

Read it. It had nothing to do with what you’re talking about. And they called them student athletes.

The Supreme Court ruling had nothing to do with NIL. It had to do with educational benefits. Read it.

Recruits can’t be paid to go to a school.
Yes, I know NIL can't be tied to a school and there aren't any pay for play causes. I'm just saying HS kids can earn NIL $ and it can be used as an incentive to be persuaded towards a certain school (not contractually binding to go to x school as a result).

Actually, it was unconstitutional.

So...is it still 2:00 when JP pulls the rope-a-dope and puts on the Cuse lid?

Any chance here (said the naïve old school Manley Orangemen fan)?

I’m not one to wish Ill-will on kids but by no means does that mean I have to hope this kid is the next coming of Jesus. He’s a random person to me just like any other person. I hope he has a successful life and that’s that,

Wow, so many things go wrong when a non-lawyer tries to play lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom