Class of 2020 - PF Kevin Marfo / Quinnipiac Grad Transfer | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Kevin Marfo / Quinnipiac Grad Transfer

moqui

generational talent
potentially eligible for grad transfer. 6-8, 245 leads the nation in rebounding at 13.2 per game to go with 10 pts in 27.5 mpg. originally from the bronx, played a year in the a10 for gwu.

he also leads the nation in free throw rate by a wide margin. gets other bigs in foul trouble rather than vice versa - has only fouled out once this year, in the very first game

in his only game vs p5 competion this year he put up 9pts , pulled down 13 boards & blocked 3 shots vs miami

Yes, please.
1582573673078.png

I think this is would be a low risk higher reward type move. We would have him for next year along with BS, Marek and Edwards (I think JBA is more suited for the 4, maybe even 3 down the road, jmo), and then he could start at the 5 in 2021 with Edwards, and hopefully a solid freshman spelling him.

If he doesn't pan out or doesn't like it here he could transfer out and go elsewhere for his final year. But, is he interested, and more importantly, is the staff interested?

"Potentially eligible for grad transfer"

He's not actually in the transfer portal.

And we can't contact him until he enters the portal. If he ever does.

Not skinny enough for boehiem, too much muscle on his arms shortens his wingspan
Im only half joking, I remember after the win at Cameron last year, JB went on Dan Patrick. DP asked him if he recruited Zion, Jim said yeah we did but hes too strong for us" couldn't tell if he was fully joking or not

potentially eligible for grad transfer. 6-8, 245 leads the nation in rebounding at 13.2 per game to go with 10 pts in 27.5 mpg. originally from the bronx, played a year in the a10 for gwu.

he also leads the nation in free throw rate by a wide margin. gets other bigs in foul trouble rather than vice versa - has only fouled out once this year, in the very first game

in his only game vs p5 competion this year he put up 9pts , pulled down 13 boards & blocked 3 shots vs miami

So whose got a dynamite sales pitch?

"Potentially eligible for grad transfer"

He's not actually in the transfer portal.

And we can't contact him until he enters the portal. If he ever does.
hence the word potentially
but he is a 4th year junior, from which population most grad transfers come. everyone will have to wait to see if he graduates this spring and decides to look around

and for the record, i am opposed to the grad transfer route. i think it is bad for college basketball and bad for the program. su's 2 season experiment with the type were failures, imo. i understand that sanctions forced it upon us but i think their presence disrupted the kids already here and was detrimental to the program overall

i think plan "a" is to develop the guys already on the roster unless the staff is blown away by someone.
i think this is how you do it if you want to fantasize about finding one. you can't just post "go get a grad transfer," like it's as easy as picking a bottle of clorox off the shelf at walmart. explore rosters for kids who have been in school for 4 years and name actual names

to clarify: he draws 6.5 fouls every 40 minutes, which is 32nd in the nation
free throw rate is the ratio of ft attempts/fg attempts. so far this year, the national average is 32.6; that is, for every 100 field goal attempts there are 32.6 free throw attempts.

marfo's rate is an insane 106.6; he basically takes a free throw for every fg attempt.
second place is 92.3. marek dolezaj is 9th in the nation at 78.9

He was a serious late bloomer, but played with a high end AAU team. He left GW because the coach was fired after his freshman year and he was familiar with the Quinnipiac coach. Definitely a possible grad transfer candidate if he graduates this year.