Class of 2020 - PF Kevin Marfo / Quinnipiac Grad Transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Kevin Marfo / Quinnipiac Grad Transfer

That is a talented writer. That secondary title is great, and then this:

If your big man is working that hard on the glass, it makes sense to reward him with some touches, and boy does Quinnipiac ever not do that at all.

:
kisses fingers, gently blows kiss to the air:

to clarify: he draws 6.5 fouls every 40 minutes, which is 32nd in the nation
free throw rate is the ratio of ft attempts/fg attempts. so far this year, the national average is 32.6; that is, for every 100 field goal attempts there are 32.6 free throw attempts.

marfo's rate is an insane 106.6; he basically takes a free throw for every fg attempt.
second place is 92.3. marek dolezaj is 9th in the nation at 78.9
Yeah I kinda thought Dolejaz might rank pretty high on that.

Yeah I kinda thought Dolejaz might rank pretty high on that.
Quincy and even Joe are good here too. We don’t do great as a team right now, largely because we get so little from the center position. If Elijah came back and Marfo joined the party, we would be one of the best teams in the country at drawing fouls.

I really like the fit with Marfo. Our roster is really badly balanced with finesse guys that do not rebound well. That includes Hughes, Sidibe, Marek and Buddy. If Elijah leaves, we will probably play a 3rd guard a lot and make things even worse here.

Getting a great rebounder on the team would introduce some balance and address our biggest fundamental weakness. He is also a good shot blocker who would solidify our interior defense in a major way. No one is going to back him deep in the paint, like we seem to see continuously this season.

Last edited:
"Potentially eligible for grad transfer"

He's not actually in the transfer portal.

And we can't contact him until he enters the portal. If he ever does.
I see he is playing Siena on Wednesday. I thought we could send out some advance scouts but then I see the game is in CT. Hmmm. Any board members/close friend of the program live in CT?

1582590912584.gif

... it’s the one that says BAD MARFO DUNKER.

I don’t want to ruin everyone’s good time, but I don’t think he’s a player that would do well at a P5 program. If you watch Quinnipiac games, he’s not exactly a dominating presence. With his physical stature, you want someone who is more aggressive with the ball. He’s a bit tentative and doesn’t exploit his obvious size/strength advantages.

I think he’s a case of the stats look better than he plays.

I don’t want to ruin everyone’s good time, but I don’t think he’s a player that would do well at a P5 program. If you watch Quinnipiac games, he’s not exactly a dominating presence. With his physical stature, you want someone who is more aggressive with the ball. He’s a bit tentative and doesn’t exploit his obvious size/strength advantages.

Don’t ruin this for us.

In my opinion, if he can rebound and not melt on contact with players in the post, he would be a big improvement.

I understand he is not a offensive force and likely will never be. Sounds to me as though he would be a far better rebounder than anyone we have on the team from day one, would be a far better defender in the post from day one (we have no interior defense right now) and would be effective at getting big guys on the other team in foul trouble.

These would all be huge improvements over what we have to work with today.

In my opinion, if he can rebound and not melt on contact with players in the post, he would be a big improvement.

I understand he is not a offensive force and likely will never be. Sounds to me as though he would be a far better rebounder than anyone we have on the team from day one, would be a far better defender in the post from day one (we have no interior defense right now) and would be effective at getting big guys on the other team in foul trouble.

These would all be huge improvements over what we have to work with today.
Fair enough. Quinnipiac plays tomorrow. I suggest watching him. A lot of his rebounds come from being the biggest person on the floor, not necessarily athleticism or positioning. Granted, he sticks to the offensive scheme pretty well and stays near the cylinder for rebounds/put backs.

Also, Quinnipiac has a freshman 7 footer, Seth Pinckney, who is going to be very, very good. I wonder if he might be a future high-level transfer.

I'll take it, if he is close to Rick Jackson, as we could use a physical guy that can add an inside presence when we have match-up problems in the post, which is often. Then add Landers Nolley and things would look much brighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom