Class of 2020 - PF Kevin Marfo / Quinnipiac Grad Transfer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Kevin Marfo / Quinnipiac Grad Transfer

I trust Jimmy and the staff, if they pass on recruiting Marfo it's for a good reason. Based on his highlights, can he do anything besides dunking? Seems to me that forwards are a priority as we have 3 centers coming back next year.

Do you ever get tired of sounding like a moron? You say the same thing in numerous threads while being factually incorrect. It’s actually quite impressive if it wasn’t so sad.
Cemented by his diagnosis that Sidibe’s career was absolutely over with no medical options available due to his knee tendinitis... or, his other adamant mental health diagnosis that Tauren Thompson is in a co-dependent relationship with his Mom?

Yet JBs staff doesn't reach out
This is what I mean when I say they need to change their evaluation requirements
This is the type of guy they have been missing for years. I really noticed it in the ncaa tourney game (even though they won) over MSU a few years back.

Quincy and even Joe are good here too. We don’t do great as a team right now, largely because we get so little from the center position. If Elijah came back and Marfo joined the party, we would be one of the best teams in the country at drawing fouls.

I really like the fit with Marfo. Our roster is really badly balanced with finesse guys that do not rebound well. That includes Hughes, Sidibe, Marek and Buddy. If Elijah leaves, we will probably play a 3rd guard a lot and make things even worse here.

Getting a great rebounder on the team would introduce some balance and address our biggest fundamental weakness. He is also a good shot blocker who would solidify our interior defense in a major way. No one is going to back him deep in the paint, like we seem to see continuously this season.
I just read an article written yesterday that listed head coaches and assistant coaches that have reached out. Pitt, BC, Notre Dame and Wake, but no Cuse. Are we not interested?

I just read an article written yesterday that listed head coaches and assistant coaches that have reached out. Pitt, BC, Notre Dame and Wake, but no Cuse. Are we not interested?
It sure looks like way. Might be with the emergence of Bourama late in the season, and the other developing young big men on the roster, the staff thought it wasn't worth it. He is not a great fit for our system. Someone like Tape would make a lot more sense.

This staff is so asleep at the wheel some times
This is not in response to you specifically; the club for posts like this is very large.

Sweeping generalizations like this seem to be asserted with 95% certainty and based on (guessing here) 5% knowledge, inside information, or, you know, facts.

Let's see how this plays out overall before passing judgment on how asleep the staff is at the wheel.

This is not in response to you specifically; the club for posts like this is very large.

Sweeping generalizations like this seem to be asserted with 95% certainty and based on (guessing here) 5% knowledge, inside information, or, you know, facts.

Let's see how this plays out overall before passing judgment on how asleep the staff is at the wheel.
Bah. Jim decided a couple years ago he wants to lose as many games as possible

5. Kevin Marfo, 6-foot-8, 245 pounds, PF, redshirt junior, Quinnipiac
The nation's leading rebounder, Marfo is a dominant force on the glass, and he averaged double-figure points. He will look for an extended role after averaging 10.2 points and 13.3 rebounds.

Neither did BC, Wake, Ga Tech, Notre Dame, Va Tech, Pitt and Louisville.
Looks like every school in his Top 5 is losing big guys to graduation or to the NBA Draft process. Since we don't fit that profile, he appears to be looking elsewhere...

He would have to compete for minutes with a 2 year returning center and two other sophomores. Not sure he was offered but if he was, makes sense that he passed on SU. Even if he didn't start he would take valuable minutes away from our young centers and maybe lead to another transfer after next year. Boeheim knows what he'll probably get from JBA and Edwards and hopefully it's enough.

Boeheim likes rim protecting Centers. Long lanky and shot blockers. His forwards seem to be pretty versatile. Marek, Lyndon, Warrick, Fair. We hardly ever get a one trick pony rebounder. Sounds like this guy is a big rebounder. Wouldn’t be able to defend well in the zone. Isn’t long enough.

Maybe he’s just not that good
Not that good? Please remember that the CUSE has averaged 14 losses per year for the last five years. Things will not change until JB is gone.

Not that good? Please remember that the CUSE has averaged 14 losses per year for the last five years. Things will not change until JB is gone.
What does that have to do with anything? His top 5 has one tournament team and none of the ACC teams that “showed interest.”

Take the we can’t recruit and JB is washed bs someplace else where it belongs. It was irrelevant to my post saying the kid probably isn’t that good based on the options he has left.