Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

I really like all the kids we are recruiting but tbh this kid is probably my favorite and the one I want the most. He would absolutely crush it here. The past few years we have recruited some kids that might be reaches or projects. But between Lands, Taylor, Copeland and Flip. All these guys are legit studs, fir our system and would kill it here. I think they would rival the Dion, Fair, Keita and Melo class in terms of impact. Lands and Taylor are already in the fold. Copeland isn’t too far behind and Flip will be tougher but I think we have a very good shot with him too. Really excited how this class is shaping up

I really like all the kids we are recruiting but tbh this kid is probably my favorite and the one I want the most. He would absolutely crush it here. The past few years we have recruited some kids that might be reaches or projects. But between Lands, Taylor, Copeland and Flip. All these guys are legit studs, fir our system and would kill it here. I think they would rival the Dion, Fair, Keita and Melo class in terms of impact. Lands and Taylor are already in the fold. Copeland isn’t too far behind and Flip will be tougher but I think we have a very good shot with him too. Really excited how this class is shaping up
Yeah agreed. To me he kind of determines good class from great class. We are going to have very good guards but to me there’s a bigger gap between Flip and others.

Flip seems a lot like Lydon, but with a more developed game now, than Rico had even after his Frosh year at Cuse.

I’ve seen highlights of some nifty post footwork from him, and he moves more like a SF.
He would be lethal as a stretch 4/small-ball 5 here, with all those other guys around him, and nobody you can play off of.

Flip seems a lot like Lydon, but with a more developed game now, than Rico had even after his Frosh year at Cuse.

I’ve seen highlights of some nifty post footwork from him, and he moves more like a SF.
He would be lethal as a stretch 4/small-ball 5 here, with all those other guys around him, and nobody you can play off of.
Skills more like Garza with better athleticism. Maybe not as big.

He's gonna have to learn the superfluous head fake.

He would be lethal as a stretch 4/small-ball 5 here, with all those other guys around him, and nobody you can play off of

He can legitimately play any of the 3 front court positions no matter who he plays with. Ideally the 4 IMO but he would provide any team with lineup flexibility!

Yeah I think Flip takes us to the next level. He is a Lydon type that can be a 4/5. And he’s not skinny either, he’s a strong dude already. Granted not as big/strong as Fab, Arinze, Rick Jackson or Christmas. But he’s a different type of player and can be a force like Lydon. It’s just exciting to think we are have a very reasonable chance of having a team of

PG-JG3
SG-Justin Taylor
SF-Benny Williams
PF-Cole Swider
C-Edwards

Bench:
Flip
Copeland
Lands
Symir
Frank

Obviously a lot can change but that’s a reasonable expectation of what we could be looking at

Yeah I think Flip takes us to the next level. He is a Lydon type that can be a 4/5. And he’s not skinny either, he’s a strong dude already. Granted not as big/strong as Fab, Arinze, Rick Jackson or Christmas. But he’s a different type of player and can be a force like Lydon. It’s just exciting to think we are have a very reasonable chance of having a team of

PG-JG3
SG-Justin Taylor
SF-Benny Williams
PF-Cole Swider
C-Edwards

Bench:
Flip
Copeland
Lands
Symir
Frank

Obviously a lot can change but that’s a reasonable expectation of what we could be looking at

That would be our most talented 1-10 team since 2012.

And possibly ever, if all those guys pan out and play to their potential.

PG-JG3
SG-Justin Taylor
SF-Benny Williams
PF-Cole Swider
C-Edwards

Bench:
Flip
Copeland
Lands
Symir
Frank

Swider is a senior he wouldn't be there. And Kamari most likely starts over Justin. I'd also probably say we get Chris Bunch.

Swider is a senior he wouldn't be there. And Kamari most likely starts over Justin. I'd also probably say we get Chris Bunch.

Swider is a Junior due to the Covid bonus year everybody just got.
(Ditto for Buddy)

This past season didn’t count against any athletes eligibility.

Now - JB & Buddy have both said publicly this is his last year at Cuse, but unless he totally blows up, I’d imagine Swider will return for ‘22.

Swider is a Junior due to the Covid bonus year everybody just got.
(Ditto for Buddy)

This past season didn’t count against any athletes eligibility.

Now - JB & Buddy have both said publicly this is his last year at Cuse, but unless he totally blows up, I’d imagine Swider will return for ‘22.
With the omnipresent caveat that I know nothing, I think Swider is going to be a one year guy for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom