Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

Hope we get him. Hope he's good, but man Lydon gets no love in these threads. Sort of crazy to me

Yeah. Tyler and Malachi both were cases of kids who didn't really fully get locked in after being drafted. Both had big-time talent and could have been guys who stuck but you gotta do the work.

Lydon even somewhat disappointed his soph year to me. Just didn't make the full jump expected. Love the kids game and what he did here but he definitely never maxed out his potential same with Malachi. There is still time for both but not sure how bad they want it.

Hope we get him. Hope he's good, but man Lydon gets no love in these threads. Sort of crazy to me

I think part of the reason is because that team disappointed and Lydon's efficiency numbers didn't improve that much as a Soph, but he also had to deal with bad PG play for half that season. He was very good as a Freshman Big.

edit: Also he had to play as a 5 for a good amount that season instead of his stretch forward role

I think part of the reason is because that team disappointed and Lydon's efficiency numbers didn't improve that much as a Soph, but he also had to deal with bad PG play for half that season. He was very good as a Freshman Big.

edit: Also he had to play as a 5 for a good amount that season instead of his stretch forward role
Great points. After his freshman F4 year you’d have expected an all-ACC type sophomore season from him, but he could never get going. Realistically, his role was “Marek-at-the-5-spot”, before Marek.
And despite all that he still went in the draft and had his cup of coffee in the Association.

Yeah, that's what I remember the most - him playing out of position hurt. One of several over the years. Hopefully there is a lot less of that moving forward. With the way we're recruiting, I would certainly think so.

Great points. After his freshman F4 year you’d have expected an all-ACC type sophomore season from him, but he could never get going. Realistically, his role was “Marek-at-the-5-spot”, before Marek.
And despite all that he still went in the draft and had his cup of coffee in the Association.

His numbers were wayyyy better than what Marek ever put up.

His numbers were wayyyy better than what Marek ever put up.
Agreed- but I was referring more to his being forced to play out of his natural position.
Like Marek he had to do it, and he did a credible job, but was not nearly as good as if he’d played his reg 4-spot all season. If I’m not mistaken, they’ve been reports of some lingering resentment w/ JB about that same issue

Mike McAllister — Today at 9:14 PM​

I asked Filipowski about his reaction to Taylor picking Cuse: “Something to keep an eye out for. Me and him have been in contact recently talking about colleges.”

it's happening.gif

The 6-foot-11 Filipowski now heads out on his official to Duke on Monday, where he will overlap with Dereck Lively of Westtown (PA), who begins his official to Duke Tuesday.

“He’s super-excited for his visit to Duke,” Wilbraham & Monson coach Mike Mannix said Sunday by phone.

I like our chances against UNC and now we have a chance to start consistently putting the hurt on them on the court too.

Could be a very satisfying 2-3 to give Tobacco Road a slapping

The 6-foot-11 Filipowski now heads out on his official to Duke on Monday, where he will overlap with Dereck Lively of Westtown (PA), who begins his official to Duke Tuesday.

“He’s super-excited for his visit to Duke,” Wilbraham & Monson coach Mike Mannix said Sunday by phone.
Why are we bolding things

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom