Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

It would suck to not see Flip in Orange, but I feel like the worst part would be watching him put up big numbers against us (assuming he does end up at Dook).

We know how good Flip is and potentially would be in Orange. And he keeps getting better. Unfortunately, the tea leaves have been trending the wrong way here. Still keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

It hasn’t appeared that he is looking for a visit from the swoosh ferry. So, while I don’t understand wanting to play for Scheyer, at least it doesn’t smell as rotten as the Chance recruitment.

Want Kyle fFilipowski to play at Syracuse but it is not like we have spent a lot of time recruiting him. I believe that we have been on him since April. We were on Donovan Clingan for at least 2 years.

It was great to get his interest so quickly to be his first recruiting visit. It would be great to keep him interested. Coaching staff and new JT are working on that.

it Is not over until he signs the formal commitment papers.

Duke will take both,part of their strategy is to keep players away from other teams. They usually have a bench that could start on other teams.

Duke will take both,part of their strategy is to keep players away from other teams. They usually have a bench that could start on other teams.
Duke might want both, but that doesn’t mean flip would go there as second fiddle.

Hes gone we knew that when we starting pushing other bigs. Its been Duke for a couple of weeks.

Lets hope that we land one of the guards left as Chance is also gone. Still we have two very good kids which is better than last year and Jimmy and crew will do well in the portal all is not lost just sucks that we cant close kids like flip.

EFFFF Duke!
I would advise any players thinking about going to UNC or Duke in the next couple of years go elsewhere. Replacing a legend is usually a bad time. And you will get caught up in it.

Hes gone we knew that when we starting pushing other bigs. Its been Duke for a couple of weeks.

Lets hope that we land one of the guards left as Chance is also gone. Still we have two very good kids which is better than last year and Jimmy and crew will do well in the portal all is not lost just sucks that we cant close kids like flip.

Can't land everyone. While I would absolutely LOVE Flip, and he clearly has a lot of talent, the kid isn't a top 3 talent in the class.

We have some really talented guys still on the board that we are in the mix with. Let's bring one or two more home.

The biggest thing for '22 might be if Benny ends up staying a second year versus anyone left on our board.

I've been critical of JB both coaching and recruiting lately, but the '22 class is shaping up and he's hitting the pavement. I got faith we'll be happy with where we land.

I would advise any players thinking about going to UNC or Duke in the next couple of years go elsewhere. Replacing a legend is usually a bad time. And you will get caught up in it.

The guys going to Duke are planning on being there for a few months. The brand will hold up long enough to pull those guys in.

Can't look at going to those schools like a normal student. It's a pit stop.

Duke isn't falling off without K. The brand they have built is ridiculous and they will continue to bring in top talent. How good they do with a new coach is anyone's guess but recruiting won't be a issue for them.

Right. If the Brand is enough for a kid and for many it still is.

According to one recruiting source, Duke is also recruiting 2022 PF 6’8“ Mark Mitchell ranked in the top 15 by some sources.
From what I've read, he's a small forward while Flip is a stretch 4.

Call me an optimist, but I think we’re still right in the thick of things with this one. I don’t think there is reason to believe this thing is over yet...Duke may be the favorite the favorite to land him, but I think we’re right on the tail and should not be counted out yet. Would be huge if we get in on his bro too.

Call me an optimist, but I think we’re still right in the thick of things with this one. I don’t think there is reason to believe this thing is over yet...Duke may be the favorite the favorite to land him, but I think we’re right on the tail and should not be counted out yet. Would be huge if we get in on his bro too.
I trust our insiders, but I hope you’re right. If this carries out to the fall and we get another visit, that would help. Have him visit for a packed house game with the committed guys. If that doesn’t sway him, nothing will.

It would suck to not see Flip in Orange, but I feel like the worst part would be watching him put up big numbers against us (assuming he does end up at Dook).

If he goes to Duke, he's less likely to put up big numbers on us. I thought they already had commits from a couple big men, but it still seems like people haven't chosen yet.

I've got to figure that if he goes to Duke, he's going to be their 3rd best big man. No shame in that, but they have some more athletic guys that they are looking at, some of whom are also very skillful players.

He steps right in to our lineup. At Duke, it may take an injury to someone for him to be a starter, or until his 2nd year.

If he goes to Duke, he's less likely to put up big numbers on us. I thought they already had commits from a couple big men, but it still seems like people haven't chosen yet.

I've got to figure that if he goes to Duke, he's going to be their 3rd best big man. No shame in that, but they have some more athletic guys that they are looking at, some of whom are also very skillful players.

He steps right in to our lineup. At Duke, it may take an injury to someone for him to be a starter, or until his 2nd year.
If there's 2 other centers or power forwards better than him in college next year then it is going to be an incredibly deep class. If he continues to play like he did yesterday he will be a guaranteed top 10 pick in 2023. He's still underrated by these services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom