Class of 2025 - PF Matthew Gilhool (PA) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PF Matthew Gilhool (PA) Offered

It was always a case of him wanting us more then us wanting him after gmac left. sadiq is our guy and well see if we can reel in cenac.
I dunno; late last month, Autry was on hand for Matt at DMV Live during the scholastic live period...plus, do Sadiq and Matt play the same positions? Sadiq - 4; Matt - 4/5...

I dunno; late last month, Autry was on hand for Matt at DMV Live during the scholastic live period...plus, do Sadiq and Matt play the same positions? Sadiq - 4; Matt - 4/5...
you know matt wants to play 5? because in all the interviews he only talked about being a 4

you know matt wants to play 5? because in all the interviews he only talked about being a 4
Nope, I don't know. He's 6-10, whereas Sadiq I believe is 6-8. Just my guess here that by the time Matt is in college, he'd be a PF/C. Sadiq more of a PF. Simply my opinion...

Screaming Macaulay Culkin GIF by Home Alone

It’s always better to know sooner and not waste time and resources, rather than get burned at the last minute… Also if we’re really making inroads with CC, then no one should be worried by this.

Bigger fish in the pond ^^

nice looking player though.

You have alluded to it, but I assume there is some significant reciprocity from Cenac, and it is not tilting at windmills.
Agreed, I hope we will have enough NIL this offseason to compete with the Kansas/Baylor/Kentuckys of the world in this recruitment

Agreed, I hope we will have enough NIL this offseason to compete with the Kansas/Baylor/Kentuckys of the world in this recruitment
I’m not worried about NIL money at all for bball. Fran has changed the whole landscape and it’s trickling through into bball too and Red has been working his butt off raising money too. I feel great about where they are and who they are going after them. They know what they have which is why they are going after them

Putting all the eggs in the Cenac basket it appears. Competition for him will be steep.

Im guessing they are looking at Cenac as a 5 since White is already committed.

Gilhool was a nice fall back option. However in todays climate, it is probably best to shoot for the stars from the HS ranks and then back fill with experience through the portal if there are holes in roster.

Last edited:
Putting all the eggs in the Cenac basket it appears. Competition for him will be steep.

Im guessing they are looking at Cenac as a 5 since White is already committed.
5-out. Having 5 guys on the court who can defend their positions and also shoot the 3 is very hard to accomplish in college, because legit big men who can shoot go pro very quickly.

So we have to recruit them every year... Cenac and White would be extremely athletic and offensively versatile. They also could adequately defend/rebound for their position.

If the staff thinks they have the path to getting him, that's awesome. But I really hope they don't burn other other options while targeting Cenac as their only big man.

5-out. Having 5 guys on the court who can defend their positions and also shoot the 3 is very hard to accomplish in college, because legit big men who can shoot go pro very quickly.

So we have to recruit them every year... Cenac and White would be extremely athletic and offensively versatile. They also could adequately defend/rebound for their position.

Cenac will be very heavily recruited.

If the staff thinks they have the path to getting him, that's awesome, but I really hope they don't burn other other options while targeting Cenac as their only big man.
I love them going all in on Cenac. I don't see Gilhool being a real impact in year 1 and its pretty unlikely players stick around if they don't play much.

Cenac on the other hand is an instant impact player and could be a big contributor. Now if we miss on Cenac it will have to be a portal center which would've been necessary even if Gilhool committed.

I love them going all in on Cenac. I don't see Gilhool being a real impact in year 1 and its pretty unlikely players stick around if they don't play much.

Cenac on the other hand is an instant impact player and could be a big contributor. Now if we miss on Cenac it will have to be a portal center which would've been necessary even if Gilhool committed.
Yup exactly, this is how you fill the position this day and age.

If they think they can get Cenac, great.

If they stopped recruiting Gilhool before getting a commitment from Cenac, I think that's a bad decision. Any kid who has the talent and determination to get 19 rebounds in a game against good competition is a guy I want in my team.

I think it's more likely that Gilhool just really liked GMAC and wasn't as connected to Red and the new guys.

It happens. <shrug>

We don't know that yet... The portal and NIL combination is too new to know for sure how it's going to go.

The next wave of great college centers (who stink until they're upperclassmen) is still on the bench or in high school... It might be that things settle down and players go back to redshirting and sitting the bench waiting their turn, as long as they collect a paycheck while doing it.

Or, this wild west transfer every season stuff might just keep going.

Think there's a chance PG comes from portal, as well, if not Acaden Lewis.

Target class: Kiyan, Cenac, White, one of Jemison/Frost

Think there's a chance PG comes from portal, as well, if not Acaden Lewis.

Target class: Kiyan, Cenac, White, one of Jemison/Frost
I think Dixon is on the staff's radar. Honestly believe he is second behind Lewis as priority targets for lead guard now.

I'm curious about Dixon. Took that OV last September to SU. I thought that perhaps things had cooled off in recent months between him and SU. He took a couple of other OVs, and has one upcoming to UNC, I believe. But Autry was on hand for two Gonzaga games at Philly Live late last month. So not sure where things are between Dixon and SU. Just my personal take, but I do agree Lewis is likely the top priority at lead guard. Whether it's Dixon or Tyler Jackson next, I'm not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom