Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

FYI Hop has offered Roberts. I know that he spent a lot of time recruiting Roberts at SU.

I think this is the first SU target that he's offered since he left. He's been mostly focused on Seattle area kids, SoCal, and Las Vegas. Also, he just got a commit from PG Nate Pryor, Seattle high school player of the year.

9 & 9 this morning

I love that he says Syracuse is recruiting him the hardest. I wish more recruits, especially more highly rated ones, would say that. He also mentions Washington, with Hop being the only coach he mentions by name.

For what it's worth, verbalcommits has him at 3.5 stars, instead of the 3 elsewhere. He seems like the typical Orange recruit, a very high ceiling, but no idea if he will manifest as a finished product.

Excited he will be on campus next Friday, but honestly with the limited number of available scholarships, I'm wondering how excited I should be. Even with his upside, I'm not sure which other recruits I'd be excited to see crossed off the list if he signs, although other seasons I'd be stoked either way. Does anyone else have mixed emotions on this? I get that "girl you have a strong feeling you can get" vs your top picks type of feeling about this.

While I'm at it, with a new coach for the bigs, any chance things may return closer to how they were before Hop took over that spot? Yeah, I'm not looking for cheap "likes" on this post, fellas.

I love that he says Syracuse is recruiting him the hardest. I wish more recruits, especially more highly rated ones, would say that. He also mentions Washington, with Hop being the only coach he mentions by name.

For what it's worth, verbalcommits has him at 3.5 stars, instead of the 3 elsewhere. He seems like the typical Orange recruit, a very high ceiling, but no idea if he will manifest as a finished product.

Excited he will be on campus next Friday, but honestly with the limited number of available scholarships, I'm wondering how excited I should be. Even with his upside, I'm not sure which other recruits I'd be excited to see crossed off the list if he signs, although other seasons I'd be stoked either way. Does anyone else have mixed emotions on this? I get that "girl you have a strong feeling you can get" vs your top picks type of feeling about this.

While I'm at it, with a new coach for the bigs, any chance things may return closer to how they were before Hop took over that spot? Yeah, I'm not looking for cheap "likes" on this post, fellas.

After PG another big is a priority. This class is rich at forward and we will take at least one good one. There will be more available ships than you think.

We will get Buddy, a PG, a BIG and at least one forward. I think the class will be bigger than that though.

Last edited:
After PG another big is s priority. This class is rich at forward and we will take at least one good one. There will be more available ships than you think.

We will get Buddy, a PG, a BIG and at least one forward. I think the class will be bigger than that though.

I hear that. However this guy's own coach said he'd like to see more physicality out of him down low. As long as we could land someone more physical down low, I would feel a lot more comfortable using one of the limited number of scholarships on him. I love his versatility/ceiling for down the road, and I know he isnt the same type of "project" we normally associate that word with, but if the board wants to go back to demanding everyone else consider us elite(I loled even at the time) we have to recruit like we are. Im not sure if I want to root for you to be right about more spots or not, I guess that would depend how we get them.

I hear that. However this guy's own coach said he'd like to see more physicality out of him down low. As long as we could land someone more physical down low, I would feel a lot more comfortable using one of the limited number of scholarships on him. I love his versatility/ceiling for down the road, and I know he isnt the same type of "project" we normally associate that word with, but if the board wants to go back to demanding everyone else consider us elite(I loled even at the time) we have to recruit like we are. Im not sure if I want to root for you to be right about more spots or not, I guess that would depend how we get them.

No doubt he would be what I call a developmental big. We would have to coach him and develop him into being a productive P5 big guy. Still he looks good enough to me to be able to play a backup role as a frosh if needed.

Love having multiple recruits at the same position at once to visit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom