Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

Have to imagine we’ll continue looking for a viable backup center for 2018. Otherwise, should BS or PC develop an injury, you’re looking at Moyer as a backup at the 5.

I also don’t think SU would want to waste a Carey/Baz tandem without strength at the 5.

All options should be considered - late bloomer, grad transfer, Juco or Europe.

Last edited:
Truthfully I am glad Hopkins is not on our staff anymore...
Why? Did you think he didn't do a good job as an ass't? Do you think he was dirty in his recruitment of Roberts? I don't get it. He played here and gave his all. He was a team captain. He was an ass't for over 20 years. Why would you say that?

Surely Nate's comittment to Washington means they have no scholarships left now, right?

Any chance at all we could engage in talks with Bryce Penn Johnson? He's a four star guy that many thought Hop would land at Washington. Right now it looks like he's headed to DePaul.

At one time he was considering some east coast schools (Miami, WVU, Duke and LSU).

Surely Nate's comittment to Washington means they have no scholarships left now, right?

Any chance at all we could engage in talks with Bryce Penn Johnson? He's a four star guy that many thought Hop would land at Washington. Right now it looks like he's headed to DePaul.

At one time he was considering some east coast schools (Miami, WVU, Duke and LSU).

I'm not a recruiting guru but I don't see any way we start getting involved with that kid. It's October of his senior year and we have no relationship there. And he's from Nevada of all places.

I'm not a recruiting guru but I don't see any way we start getting involved with that kid. It's October of his senior year and we have no relationship there. And he's from Nevada of all places.
I realize it's late and likely a long shot. But he can do better than DePaul? And he has expressed some interest in a few east coast schools. DePaul is a ways away from Vegas. Heck, Nate just went cross country (albeit with Hop who he an established relationship). Just a thought. I really thought Hop was going to get him.

we'll regret this as a missed opportunity in three years, when buddy is the only member of this class still on campus & nate breaks through to average a double double and make all pac12

plus which, there is a small but not insignificant chance that the adidas scandal prompts the nba to scotch its one-and-done rule, which means the stud 2019 bigs folks are dreaming of could all be off the table

Last edited:
I can never understand what motivates a kid to go all the away across the country for school when there are plenty of schools on the East Coast which are within driving range of their support group. Are they running away from something? Especially to a school which isn't exactly a basketball factory and for a coach who has no track record as a winning head coach. Besides that, if it is Washington, good luck. You will be missing out on something special in Syracuse.

Playing time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom