Class of 2018 - PF Nazreon Reid (NJ) to LSU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nazreon Reid (NJ) to LSU

The 2018 class will determine how long JB coaches at SU.

More likely God will decide how long JB coaches.

I hear ya, but looking at another non tourney year, the natives will get restless -- and it will be reflected at the gates.

The 2018 class will determine how long JB coaches at SU.

As much as you would like this to be true. It won't. It is obvious from your messages that you want him gone. You think the grass will be greener on the other side.

You may even be correct about the grass. But you won't get to find out, and there will be countless messages from you over at least the next year saying essentially the same thing.

The reality is that it would take quite a bit more than the past few years, plus another miserable year, and a recruiting class considered by you to be inferior to find JB on the edge of the chopping block. I also think you are probably smart enough to know that is true. But your not likely to admit it, are you?

In the end, SU will end up missing out on a few 2018 kids that it will have wanted, and it will have to settle for a few plan B's. But, I feel pretty confident that in years to come, we SU fans will look back at the 2018 class of kids quite fondly. I have a strong feeling that the 2018 class will be a very good one.

Of course, I am a fan of the program, so I tend to think positively and be hopeful about the future of the program. At least, that's what I thought a fan was supposed to be like. But then again, it's hard to tell when I read too much of the SU Basketball & SU Basketball recruiting forums. Maybe I need to go back to the football thread where real optimism shines.

As much as you would like this to be true. It won't. It is obvious from your messages that you want him gone. You think the grass will be greener on the other side.

You may even be correct about the grass. But you won't get to find out, and there will be countless messages from you over at least the next year saying essentially the same thing.

The reality is that it would take quite a bit more than the past few years, plus another miserable year, and a recruiting class considered by you to be inferior to find JB on the edge of the chopping block. I also think you are probably smart enough to know that is true. But your not likely to admit it, are you?

In the end, SU will end up missing out on a few 2018 kids that it will have wanted, and it will have to settle for a few plan B's. But, I feel pretty confident that in years to come, we SU fans will look back at the 2018 class of kids quite fondly. I have a strong feeling that the 2018 class will be a very good one.

Of course, I am a fan of the program, so I tend to think positively and be hopeful about the future of the program. At least, that's what I thought a fan was supposed to be like. But then again, it's hard to tell when I read too much of the SU Basketball & SU Basketball recruiting forums. Maybe I need to go back to the football thread where real optimism shines.
Never said I want JB gone. I think we'll do fine with the 2018 class. But you need to do it first.

Yeah no inside info or anything like that. Just a common theme I've noticed since Hop left.

That makes sense. Hop was the NJ/NE guy. The region would have been reassigned to someone else who has to develop the relationships.
Wonder if Robersons struggles affected the relationship. We haven't been able to pull there for 4 plus years though...by my count

We haven't been a legit contender for Reid in a long time.

Its starting to become clear who the guys we are targeting in 2018 are. Some of these kids are dropping us from their lists as they narrow it down but the reality is that we have been out of it with them for a while.

It looks like Carey, Williams, Swider, Bazley, Shittu are the group we are currently targetting.

Wonder if Robersons struggles affected the relationship. We haven't been able to pull there for 4 plus years though...by my count

I believe that plays in. Roberson came back every season shooting jumpers to start the year and practicing jumpers in the off season. I don't think JB wanted him to work on that stuff as much as developing a 10' and in turn and face game and some back to the basket stuff. JB was always clear where he wanted Roberson to play yet Roberson always seemed to start each season off getting the quick hook because he thought he was a SF again. I just think the kid was getting pushed in two very different directions with his basketball game. It can't help that Roberson struggled with consistency his whole time at SU and regressed dramatically as a senior.

Not too worried at the moment. But at some point you need to land a few elite level recruits if you want to compete with elite level teams like Duke, Carolina and Louisville.

We'll always be competitive with players in the 50-100 range, but you need a few top 50 players to challenge for titles. We'll see what unfolds.

Does it really matter whether we're #5 on the list or not on the list at all? It's the same result; Reid and Quinerly were not coming here.
That's the thing. We have to use our time and resources wisely on feasible recruits not pie in the sky

Its starting to become clear who the guys we are targeting in 2018 are. Some of these kids are dropping us from their lists as they narrow it down but the reality is that we have been out of it with them for a while.

It looks like Carey, Williams, Swider, Bazley, Shittu are the group we are currently targetting.

I think JB comes around on Jones, too.

Shittu seems like a kid majorly on the rise. I think eventually he will be a tough get. The others are in our wheelhouse.

Should Hamier Wright be on that list?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom