Class of 2018 - PF Silvio De Sousa (FL) to Kansas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Silvio De Sousa (FL) to Kansas

63AD16EC-722A-42C9-93D1-8FCF8FC61158-495-00000125019CC736.jpeg

He says that's a great name!

LOL I got to check out the Umd board. They were melting down simply over the guy going to take a visit to KU.

Can't be, right? Kansas getting a top 25 player isn't news and hardly "seismic".

News of the visit to KU, followed by his commit were kind of out of nowhere...plus he was considered likely to commit to Maryland.

So while I don't really agree with it being "seismic" I bet it was what FF was talking about.

I'll never figure out the attraction with Kansas.

Sorry.

Tremendous fan support - basically like an SEC football culture. Donors funded a $22 million dollar facility to house the freaking rules of basketball and the $12 million basketball dorm. But yes, it's boring as hell to live in Kansas.

Tremendous fan support - basically like an SEC football culture. Donors funded a $22 million dollar facility to house the freaking rules of basketball and the $12 million basketball dorm. But yes, it's boring as hell to live in Kansas.

Do the players hangout in KC much? It's what, 45 min, from there? I think you're from KC if I remember correctly. Obviously an awesome city. Been there five or six times. I would say it is still more attractive than going to Storrs, for instance.

I can appreciate the irony of a Syracuse fan not understanding the attractiveness of Kansas.

Do the players hangout in KC much? It's what, 45 min, from there? I think you're from KC if I remember correctly. Obviously an awesome city. Been there five or six times. I would say it is still more attractive than going to Storrs, for instance.

I like to joke around about Kansas being a flat land full of nothing and to be honest, I don't find the state all that exciting, at least compared to when I lived outside Atlanta. But there is no question the area is better than Storrs!

If you go into Kansas City, there are definitely things to do. It's about a 45-50 minute drive from Lawrence so a pretty easy drive and of course we have the Royals and Chiefs and plenty of good BBQ. I'm a little old for this kind of stuff, but the nightlife seems pretty solid in both KC and Lawrence for college-age kids. Based on the police blotter, it seems like there are definitely plenty of places to find excitement in Lawrence. :)

I like to joke around about Kansas being a flat land full of nothing and to be honest, I don't find the state all that exciting, at least compared to when I lived outside Atlanta. But there is no question the area is better than Storrs!

If you go into Kansas City, there are definitely things to do. It's about a 45-50 minute drive from Lawrence so a pretty easy drive and of course we have the Royals and Chiefs and plenty of good BBQ. I'm a little old for this kind of stuff, but the nightlife seems pretty solid in both KC and Lawrence for college-age kids. Based on the police blotter, it seems like there are definitely plenty of places to find excitement in Lawrence. :)
You had me at "plenty of good BBQ," not a ton of that in LA...:)

Last edited: