Class of 2018 - PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt

Simi is like a big guard that can also play inside and do big man stuff. Here is a nice dish to Q...

I do not think he is part of the strategic plan for 18 , but that can change in a minute

"The Orange could be seen checking in on top 10 big man Simisola Shittu, high-scoring combo guard Jalen Carey, shot blocker Dimon Carrigan, and Jim Boeheim also spent lots of time watching his son, Buddy Boeheim, and 2019 big man Isaiah Stewart. Of course, five-star commitment Darius Bazley also got a look."

Peach Jam 3rd Team...

20ppg, 9reb, 3apg, 65.5fg%

"One more win, and you're looking at a sure-fire First-Team All-Peach Jam performer. Simi Shittu continued his dominant ways in North Augusta, averaging 20 points and nine rebounds while shooting a blistering 65.5 percent from the floor. The 6-foot-8 versatile forward was runner-up for top performance, an outing that saw him put up 25 points (10-15 FG), 12 rebounds, six assists and three steals in a Peach Jam opening win against Cal Supreme. Shittu is a superstar in the making, and will look to capitalize on his Peach Jam momentum and put forth a stellar senior campaign at Vermont Academy."

Not that I expect to land him, but is Shittu a center option for the zone? Or is he more of a wing? We're very crowded at F, so I wonder if that would work against us.

Not that I expect to land him, but is Shittu a center option for the zone? Or is he more of a wing? We're very crowded at , so I wonder if that would work against us.

Wing

I would've loved to get Simi and give him the #44 jersey; unfortunately, I think Darius took his scholly, and I have absolutely no problem with that. If Carey recruitment starts to drag, take another similar guard as well...

I would've loved to get Simi and give him the #44 jersey; unfortunately, I think Darius took his scholly, and I have absolutely no problem with that. If Carey recruitment starts to drag, take another similar guard as well...

Huh. I think the staff would still take Simi in a heartbeat.

Huh. I think the staff would still take Simi in a heartbeat.
While I would love that too; don't like seeing 17 power forwards on scholarship...:(
Rather get another slasher on the wing...

While I would love that too; don't like seeing 17 power forwards on scholarship...:(
Rather get another slasher on the wing...

I hear you, but you just don't pass on a talent like Shittu. The last thing we need at this point is "another slasher on the wing."

I hear you, but you just don't pass on a talent like Shittu. The last thing we need at this point is "another slasher on the wing."
I dunno, we have zero "true" small forwards on the roster or pipeline. Unless, you consider Hughes as a pure 3... Now, maybe Darius or Oshae prove "serviceable," but I still consider both guys, and Matthew as 4s...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom