Class of 2018 - PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt

I didn't say that SU hadn't tried to reach back out to Simi. I hope they have. I think I implied it would be foolish not to try. In the other thread (if we don't get Nate) I asked if there were other extenuating circumstances or red flags that would prevent us from reconsidering him.

That said, I'm not at all thrilled with Majak.

I get the personal preferences and this not a shot at you by any means. At the end of the day, I'll trust the staff's evaluations every time. This recruiting board can get quite over the top based on 18 year old kids decisions and on who they think JB and staff are contacting and not based off twitter/instagram/snapchat.

I get the personal preferences and this not a shot at you by any means. At the end of the day, I'll trust the staff's evaluations every time. This recruiting board can get quite over the top based on 18 year old kids decisions and on who they think JB and staff are contacting and not based off twitter/instagram/snapchat.

LOL... I can guarantee you I don't use snapchat, twitter or instagram, and haven't been 18 for nearly 30 years. I usually agree with staff evaluation of talent. Majak isn't one of them. Thank you for keeping it civil. ;)

Does no one else find it weird that Vandy is involved for Shittu, Romeo Langford, Darius Garland and Zion Williamson at the moment?
I know basically no one here really cares all that much, but I have a personal friendship with one of Vandy’s basketball coaches. I know it’s never an all or nothing thing with coaching staffs and being shady, but I genuinely believe in the integrity of the one coach I know and in some of the positive things he’s shared about the coaches.

I was also thinking that his top two choices are Vandy (which is a joke) and UNC. They could be hit with sanctions. Why not try. Who wouldn't want to play with two other 5 star guys in the ACC in front of 35K fans? We can beat out Vandy and UNC!!!
Vandy a joke? GREAT school. Not good, GREAT! Competitive basketball. Great city. If he is an NBA talent, he will get there from any school he chooses. Nice to see kids looking outside the box.

Vandy a joke? GREAT school. Not good, GREAT! Competitive basketball. Great city. If he is an NBA talent, he will get there from any school he chooses. Nice to see kids looking outside the box.

I never said it wasn't a good school or a good city. IMO I think SU is vastly better. How many players has Vandy put in the NBA?

I will say this much. I agree that the college game would improve if recruits stopped believing only blue bloods can get them to the NBA. So I'll meet you half way on this one. :)

I never said it wasn't a good school or a good city. IMO I think SU is vastly better. How many players has Vandy put in the NBA?

I will say this much. I agree that the college game would improve if recruits stopped believing only blue bloods can get them to the NBA. So I'll meet you half way on this one. :)

We just lost a kid who went to the other side of the country for school at a dreadful program... because of his relationship with the HC.

People need to drop the idea that we should win recruiting battles simply by virtue of us being the "better school." Often there's other factors at play.

And yeah. Vanderbilt is an elite academic institution.

We just lost a kid who went to the other side of the country for school at a dreadful program... because of his relationship with the HC.

People need to drop the idea that we should win recruiting battles simply by virtue of us being the "better school." Often there's other factors at play.

And yeah. Vanderbilt is an elite academic institution.

I don't think nor did I say that Washington or Vandy are dreadful programs. Perhaps NR wanted to be part of the rebuild, liked Hop and he knew he wouldn't play much at SU. IMO we ARE a better program than Vandy and Washington but not for every recruit.

I don't think nor did I say that Washington or Vandy are dreadful programs. Perhaps NR wanted to be part of the rebuild, liked Hop and he knew he wouldn't play much at SU. IMO we ARE a better program than Vandy and Washington but not for every recruit.

Right. You said SU is "vastly better" than Vandy. Which is true...but we just lost a recruit to Washington. And we're better than them too.

But you're right different recruits look for different things. NR and Simi are like that I suppose.

SU a better school?

For those still interested in Simi...
Still sounds like Vandy or UNC.

Didn’t Carroll play his final two years at Mizzou?

you-are-correct-sir.jpg

Who the hell cares where Simi went? Why are people ripping Vandy? A player of his caliber will be in the NBA sooner than later. It could be at Vandy or at a Louisiana Tech. Better somewhere else than some ACC school we have to deal with!

Who the hell cares where Simi went? Why are people ripping Vandy? A player of his caliber will be in the NBA sooner than later. It could be at Vandy or at a Louisiana Tech. Better somewhere else than some ACC school we have to deal with!
Seriously...dude chose to attend real classes over fake ones!!! He’s okay in my book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom