Class of 2022 - PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered

Would be awesome if he could be part of '22. Looks like that's still on the table according to your article.^ Brings something different than everyone else. Athletic, skilled shooting big guy.

Agree, Tafara is worthy of the Weitsman Treatment.

Adam, please proceed forthwith.
I think Tafara is from New Zealand, so he would need a visa, and therefore most likely (depending on the type of visa) couldn't receive NIL money as far as I understand it. I think it's prohibited under federal immigration laws, so congress would need to address it for it to change.

I think Tafara is from New Zealand, so he would need a visa, and therefore most likely (depending on the type of visa) couldn't receive NIL money as far as I understand it. I think it's prohibited under federal immigration laws, so congress would need to address it for it to change.
Bummer. So Adam has to get him citizenship papers too? I think he is worth it. ;)

Bummer. So Adam has to get him citizenship papers too? I think he is worth it. ;)
Unless this has somehow changed, Sbucket is correct.

Jesse is in the same boat.

Would be awesome if he could be part of '22. Looks like that's still on the table according to your article.^ Brings something different than everyone else. Athletic, skilled shooting big guy.

No kidding -- this would solve our "who's starting at forward next to Benny" problem.

Sounds like he's not in a rush, though -- needs to get his bearings and sort through his expanding options, which probably places him in class of '23. I would expect this kid to blow up, based on the skill set / versatility / athleticism.

Would be incredible if we could land him. Glad we're in early. Fearful that the blue bloods will swoop in [as we've seen with prospects like this in the past], and we'll choose to drop out of the race.

He would be better for 23. He needs time to develop so when he gets here he can get minutes.

He would be better for 23. He needs time to develop so when he gets here he can get minutes.
If we can get him now, we 100% should. Because, if he is there another year, he will have tons of options, and many of them will be the kind we don't offer.

Unless this has somehow changed, Sbucket is correct.

Jesse is in the same boat.
Oscar Tshiebwe from Kentucky is on a visa and someone from their staff or compliance figured out how to get NIL for him. Suppose to get $2M next year.

Honestly it might make him easier to recruit. There's always going to be a higher offer somewhere else for elite prospects, and we're behind in NIL at the moment.

Also, apparently he doesn't really know much about the different programs, so with his coach saying he would be a great fit in the Cuse system, there might a real chance at a steal here. He would be perfect for us. Especially next year if a couple of the 2022 guys transfer.

Oscar Tshiebwe from Kentucky is on a visa and someone from their staff or compliance figured out how to get NIL for him. Suppose to get $2M next year.

That's interesting. Maybe he was able to swap his student visa for a different type of visa. I'm sure this is just a temporary hurdle and will eventually be remedied, but who knows how long it will take and whether it will be easy for students to get around it in the meantime. Tshiebwe is a big name player and probably had Kentucky politicians helping him, but I wonder if it will be easy for incoming freshman or non-elite players.

Wow.
So much potential there.
Would love to see him in Orange.
And the name—it's lyrical.

That's interesting. Maybe he was able to swap his student visa for a different type of visa. I'm sure this is just a temporary hurdle and will eventually be remedied, but who knows how long it will take and whether it will be easy for students to get around it in the meantime. Tshiebwe is a big name player and probably had Kentucky politicians helping him, but I wonder if it will be easy for incoming freshman or non-elite players.
I think it has to do with finding NIL opportunities where he doesn’t “work” (autographs, photoshoots, commercials, etc). I think he can do brand apparel deals. The Kentucky staff or his agent found the loophole.

those blocks!! :)
This guy's film is legit - stretch 4. Live athlete. Can defend the rim and hit the outside shot - especially on the pick and pop. I'm asking OttoinGrotto to name him K3 - Kiwi cubed (3 level scorer). You put this guy on the front line with Benny and Jesse, with Mintz and JG3 on top ... watch out.

Last edited:
This guy's film is legit - stretch 4. Live athlete. Can defend the rim and hit the outside shot - especially on the pick and pop. I'm asking OttoinGrotto to name him K3 - Kiwi cubed (3 level scorer). You put this guy on the front line with Benny, Mintz on top, JG3 at the 2 and Jesse in the middle ... watch out.

Not sure that lineup has enough outside shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom