Class of 2020 - PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Reallllly excited to see how Woody does in practice. I don’t think he sees much time in year one but the kid should get NBA looks by year 3
Ok so Kadary and Woody both get NBA looks by year 3... when does Anselem get them?

Hopefully year 3

I’m all for a mass exodus to the NBA in the 2023 draft after we turn Houston orange. Hell, we could potentially best UK’s 5 1st rounders in one year.

Last edited:
That’s the plan. Syracuse could see as many as 8 players get drafted between now and 2023. Watch!
giphy.gif

That’s the plan. Syracuse could see as many as 8 players get drafted between now and 2023. Watch!

No doubt. If things fall our way, it could actually be more.

Always lump the DMV together so the General, Poetry in Moten, Jerami, Gbinije, Harried, Mike Lloyd, Donte etc. have all been good for the Orange. Heck sounds like they may have landed Durant according to JAB if Weaver didn't go to the league.
Richmond is not the DMV.

I like Woody but there’s a better chance he’s Robert Braswell than appearing in NBA mock drafts.

I feel like we need a board member to step up and declare themselves arbiter of defining the DMV and set this straight, because I always knew it to be DC, Maryland and Virginia, never once thought Delaware was part of it, and also had never heard of the delmarva peninsula and think it's entirely possible moqui just do what moqui do on that and is yanking my chain.

Who shall be the hero among us?
Chuck Brown, Crab Cakes and the Mixing Bowl!!

DMV = DC, MD, VA (not Bmore) since I moved here (originally) in 1999!!

There you go Otto!!

Last edited:
I feel like we need a board member to step up and declare themselves arbiter of defining the DMV and set this straight, because I always knew it to be DC, Maryland and Virginia, never once thought Delaware was part of it, and also had never heard of the delmarva peninsula and think it's entirely possible moqui just do what moqui do on that and is yanking my chain.

DC Maryland Northern Va.

The Potomac and Shennandoah River Valleys.

Yeah, its Delaware, Maryland and Va. Vacationed there a lot

LOL! DelMarVa and DMV are NOT the same thing! DMV=DC, MD, VA (the beltway area)
DelMarVa (Delaware Maryland Virginia) is a regional thing.

I.E. Tristate area vs northeast region...
change1.jpg

When I worked for the Lakewood Blue Claws, we used to play an Orioles farm club known as the Delmarva Shorebirds. FWIW, I always considered the DMV to be Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.