Class of 2020 - PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

you just want to make sure cooney gets left out
tenor.gif

Wikipedia's definitions they clearly define them as two different things.

The National Capital Region portion of the Washington Metropolitan Area is also colloquially known by the acronym "DMV" which stands for the "District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia."[14] The area in the region that is surrounded by Interstate 495 referred to as being "Inside the Beltway". The city of Washington, which is at the center of the area, is referred to as "the District" because of its status as a federal district, which makes it not part of any state. The Virginian portion of the region is known as Northern Virginia and the Maryland portion of the region is sometimes called the Maryland-National Capital Region, by some local authorities but is not widely used by the general public.[15][16]

Wikipedia's definitions they clearly define them as two different things.

The National Capital Region portion of the Washington Metropolitan Area is also colloquially known by the acronym "DMV" which stands for the "District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia."[14] The area in the region that is surrounded by Interstate 495 referred to as being "Inside the Beltway". The city of Washington, which is at the center of the area, is referred to as "the District" because of its status as a federal district, which makes it not part of any state. The Virginian portion of the region is known as Northern Virginia and the Maryland portion of the region is sometimes called the Maryland-National Capital Region, by some local authorities but is not widely used by the general public.[15][16]
delmarva peninsula is about 2 hours or so south of the DMV.

the dmv is just the DC and the surrounding communities. hit mary washington and you've gone too far.

Cool. We have geography lessons going on in here, and future HC bickering in the Benny thread. Let's see if I can find a thread on recruiting around here.
Considering one where the player hasn’t already signed with the team.

When I worked for the Lakewood Blue Claws, we used to play an Orioles farm club known as the Delmarva Shorebirds. FWIW, I always considered the DMV to be Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.
Great Stadium thanks to the Perdue Family Saw Yaz's Grandson play there and Brian McCann's Brother..

Great Stadium thanks to the Perdue Family Saw Yaz's Grandson play there and Brian McCann's Brother..
Yeah, I love that park. Plus, they have Surf Taco there as well.

Figured I'd keep it in the woody thread but I know some have been talking about his game in a other thread. This was shared before but if you watched any tape or highlights of him the year before and you watch some of the things hes doing now and how his game extended to the 3 point line this season he has made big strides. Could be a real threat down the road for us. Kids more skilled then I originally thought (initially his commitment didnt excite me all that much) but he had a nice year at Mt Zion. I think hes going to be a good one for us.

I think his handle and permiter game improved a lot this season. If anything he needs to work on banging inside more and getting stronger. He stayed around the permiter quite a bit this year for mt zion.

lots to like here. I think this was a kid we iidentified early who has progressed quite a bit this year and will continue to do so. When he first committed there wasn't a ton of excitement...but he has skills. I think theres a lot upside here.

lots to like here. I think this was a kid we iidentified early who has progressed quite a bit this year and will continue to do so. When he first committed there wasn't a ton of excitement...but he has skills. I think theres a lot upside here.

Agree with you. Woody really developed nicely this year. Nice shooting stroke for a big. As you mentioned, would like to see him work on bulking up and banging inside. He's long enough and a really good defender who will fit nicely in the zone. However, he will need to get his nose dirty and fight for rebounds to earn minutes.

Cuse!

That’s the plan. Syracuse could see as many as 8 players get drafted between now and 2023. Watch!

Here's hoping that the on-court results match.

When you throw in hard work and confidence into the mix it can be a game changer. This kid was a different player from commit time to this past season. If he can grow as much working hard and come in strong .. you just never know.

Look at Joe and Brycen. Goodine has more overall talent and athleticism but Joe came in and was immediately successful via being a hard worker and extremely confident. Woody could always be a surprise and be that guy who jumps someone else for their minutes or makes it difficult to keep him on the bench for 40 minutes. I will believe it when I see it as I think the Kris Joseph trajectory is more likely but I don't recall if Joseph was this confident of a kid coming in...

We shall see!

When you throw in hard work and confidence into the mix it can be a game changer. This kid was a different player from commit time to this past season. If he can grow as much working hard and come in strong .. you just never know.

Look at Joe and Brycen. Goodine has more overall talent and athleticism but Joe came in and was immediately successful via being a hard worker and extremely confident. Woody could always be a surprise and be that guy who jumps someone else for their minutes or makes it difficult to keep him on the bench for 40 minutes. I will believe it when I see it as I think the Kris Joseph trajectory is more likely but I don't recall if Joseph was this confident of a kid coming in...

We shall see!
I agree Kris Joseph is a good comp. Similar rankings also. I saw Kris play in High School and he did very little when I saw him, I was disappointed to say the least. But he learned how to turn the motor up. He was one of the quickest players going baseline to baseline.

In the battle for back up forward minutes, I think Newton will win out over Braswell. I think Woody comes out of a more competitive AAU and scholastic background. Based on tape, he's also more versatile in being able to put the ball on the floor as opposed to reliance on being a spot up 3 point shooter. Not sure that Braswell was a 4 star either. What do others think?

In the battle for back up forward minutes, I think Newton will win out over Braswell. I think Woody comes out of a more competitive AAU and scholastic background. Based on tape, he's also more versatile in being able to put the ball on the floor as opposed to reliance on being a spot up 3 point shooter. Not sure that Braswell was a 4 star either. What do others think?
Too early to tell and havent seen enough of braswell or woody. But based off tape woody seems to have more upside/skills but that just my opinion. I would love to see more bobby because when he did come into games usually good things happened. But havent seen much of his overall game skills besides defense and spot up 3s. Would like to see how he is with putting the ball on the floor etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom