Class of 2019 - PG Aaron Estrada / Transfer from St Peters | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Aaron Estrada / Transfer from St Peters

some info on him. Played his highschool ball at St.Benedicts prep in Jersey.

Estrada_031120_.jpg

Estrada_022720.jpg

ESTRADA_Webmaac1920.jpg

Aaron Estrada

1AARONESTRADA

• CLASS Freshman
  • POSITION G
  • HEIGHT 6-4
  • WEIGHT 207
  • HOMETOWN Woodbury, NJ
  • HIGH SCHOOL St. Benedict's

• BIO
  • RELATED
  • STATS
Biography
Freshman (2019-20)
  • Had one of the most historic rookie seasons in program history and ended his first year at Saint Peter’s as the conference’s best freshman
  • Became the fifth Peacock in program history to win the MAAC Rookie of the Year award
  • Was the only freshman in the conference to earn a spot on one of the three all-league teams, making the All-MAAC Third Team and he was the only unanimous selection to the 2019-20 MAAC All-Rookie Team
  • Just the second Peacock to make two all-conference teams in the same season, joining Kee Kee Clark in 2003
  • Played in 28 total games, starting in 14 contests which included 11 straight starts to close out the season
  • Scored 8.0 points and dished out 1.9 assists per game, both ranked second on Saint Peter’s this season
  • Poured in 227 points, 53 assists, and 69 rebounds while only playing 19.4 minutes per contest
  • Led Saint Peter's in scoring a team-best eight times and was the only Peacock this season with four consecutive games in double-figures, achieving the accomplishment during the team's five-game winning-streak during the month of February
  • One of two Peacocks to score in double-figures more than 10 times, going over the 10-point threshold a team-leading 12 times
  • Finished the season shooting .405 from the field, .340 from long distance, and .879 (led the team) from the charity stripe
  • Put up a career-high 20 points against Fairfield (2/16)
  • Was a three-time MAAC Rookie of the Week honoree and helped Saint Peter’s become the first school in MAAC history with five individual rookie of the week award winners
Before Saint Peter's
  • Played varsity basketball at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, NJ
  • Scored over 2,000 career points during his high school career
  • Led St. Benedict's to the 2018 Prep A State Championship in his junior season
Personal
  • Major: Graphic Design
  • Son of Briana Melton and Aaron Estrada
  • Brother of Amir, Gavin, Gabe, and Amari Estrada
  • Aaron Estrada was born on February 3, 2001 in Woodbury, NJ

anyone know anything about this??
great size. according to kenpom played about half the minutes at point, but his asst/to ratio was upside down. shooting #s rather pedestrian, imo
but eli's #s didn't look great at ecu, either

some info on him. Played his highschool ball at St.Benedicts prep in Jersey.

Estrada_031120_.jpg

Estrada_022720.jpg

ESTRADA_Webmaac1920.jpg

Aaron Estrada

1AARONESTRADA

• CLASS Freshman
  • POSITION G
  • HEIGHT 6-4
  • WEIGHT 207
  • HOMETOWN Woodbury, NJ
  • HIGH SCHOOL St. Benedict's

• BIO

• RELATED

• STATS
Biography
Freshman (2019-20)
  • Had one of the most historic rookie seasons in program history and ended his first year at Saint Peter’s as the conference’s best freshman
  • Became the fifth Peacock in program history to win the MAAC Rookie of the Year award
  • Was the only freshman in the conference to earn a spot on one of the three all-league teams, making the All-MAAC Third Team and he was the only unanimous selection to the 2019-20 MAAC All-Rookie Team
  • Just the second Peacock to make two all-conference teams in the same season, joining Kee Kee Clark in 2003
  • Played in 28 total games, starting in 14 contests which included 11 straight starts to close out the season
  • Scored 8.0 points and dished out 1.9 assists per game, both ranked second on Saint Peter’s this season
  • Poured in 227 points, 53 assists, and 69 rebounds while only playing 19.4 minutes per contest
  • Led Saint Peter's in scoring a team-best eight times and was the only Peacock this season with four consecutive games in double-figures, achieving the accomplishment during the team's five-game winning-streak during the month of February
  • One of two Peacocks to score in double-figures more than 10 times, going over the 10-point threshold a team-leading 12 times
  • Finished the season shooting .405 from the field, .340 from long distance, and .879 (led the team) from the charity stripe
  • Put up a career-high 20 points against Fairfield (2/16)
  • Was a three-time MAAC Rookie of the Week honoree and helped Saint Peter’s become the first school in MAAC history with five individual rookie of the week award winners
Before Saint Peter's
  • Played varsity basketball at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, NJ
  • Scored over 2,000 career points during his high school career
  • Led St. Benedict's to the 2018 Prep A State Championship in his junior season
Personal
  • Major: Graphic Design
  • Son of Briana Melton and Aaron Estrada
  • Brother of Amir, Gavin, Gabe, and Amari Estrada
  • Aaron Estrada was born on February 3, 2001 in Woodbury, NJ
I feel it needs to be asked, 6’4...to the top of his head or to the top of the do? If it is the do, then he’s 5’7 at best.

The kid himself did retweet it. Maybe just using our name but i doubt that's the case.
In a scenario where maybe only 1 high D1 reached out (let’s say Creighton); it’s certainly plausible the kid would say his final 3 is Cuse, Oregon, Creighton instead of Monmouth, Siena and Creighton

In a scenario where maybe only 1 high D1 reached out (let’s say Creighton); it’s certainly plausible the kid would say his final 3 is Cuse, Oregon, Creighton instead of Monmouth, Siena and Creighton
If Zagoria says that Creighton “big boyed “ us, I am going to freak out.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I'm guessing that there is a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes that we aren't area of, players that the coaches are reaching out to that we aren't privvy to, etc.
Agreed, although I don't think Estrada is a good fit.

I'm sure the staff is looking into lots of options, with more to come. I'd be very surprised if there are not additions to the roster.

Interested in why this kid was so lightly recruited out of HS? 6'4" 200 pound guard playing at one of the top prep schools in the country and he scored over 2,000 points in his HS career and his only D1 offers were St. Peter's, East Carolina, Robert Morris and Wagner? What gives?

Edit: I see that his Rivals recruiting page has him at 6'2" 175 lbs in HS, but still, that's not terrible.

Helluva FT shooter, at least.

Why was this kid not recruited more heavily out of HS, I wonder?

I really don't see how he'd ever play much here...Assuming that list is legit, he'd be better off at Creighton behind Zegarowski for a year.

I'm sure the staff is looking into lots of options, with more to come. I'd be very surprised if there are not additions to the roster.
That's my entire point, irrespective of this particular prospect. something doesn't add up here, I'm guessing we are actively involved. But there's no doubt in my mind that the coaches are looking at lots of options that our names we haven't discussed on this form yet, to fill some of the open scholarships.

have to have a 4th guard
preferably one who can play point
farakhan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors