Class of 2019 - PG Aaron Estrada / Transfer from St Peters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Aaron Estrada / Transfer from St Peters

have to have a 4th guard
preferably one who can play point
farakhan?
Yeah, we have to have 4 true guards IMO. As you know, I am very high on Kadary and I think he will be the best PG on the team by mid season. He can probably play the 1, 2 or 3 in JB system. So...a bigger SG that can shoot would be ideal.

Having said that, I like Farrakhan a lot as long as his off the court stuff checks out (I don't know that he has anything off the court, just saying).

1585690592365.png

Yeah, we have to have 4 true guards IMO. As you know, I am very high on Kadary and I think he will be the best PG on the team by mid season. He can probably play the 1, 2 or 3 in JB system. So...a bigger SG that can shoot would be ideal.

Having said that, I like Farrakhan a lot as long as his off the court stuff checks out (I don't know that he has anything off the court, just saying).
Yeah he’s just one of those dudes who’s heavy on the social media and probably a little too heavy.

Interested in why this kid was so lightly recruited out of HS? 6'4" 200 pound guard playing at one of the top prep schools in the country and he scored over 2,000 points in his HS career and his only D1 offers were St. Peter's, East Carolina, Robert Morris and Wagner? What gives?

Edit: I see that his Rivals recruiting page has him at 6'2" 175 lbs in HS, but still, that's not terrible.

Grades are more than often the reason that kids who'd normally get a high major offer don't. Probably a late bloomer body wise. I'd bet the former.

Syracuse: “I like their fan support and the way they are a family. Playing in front of huge crowds every night is something I would love to do and Coach (Jim) Boeheim is a great coach and knows what it takes to play at the next level.”

Syracuse: “I like their fan support and the way they are a family. Playing in front of huge crowds every night is something I would love to do and Coach (Jim) Boeheim is a great coach and knows what it takes to play at the next level.”

I don’t know what he said about Oregon or Creighton but that sounds like this kids wants to wear orange.

I don’t know what he said about Oregon or Creighton but that sounds like this kids wants to wear orange.
Creighton: “I watched Creighton play a few times. It is definitely a great place to play, great coaching staff all the way around, and also great competition in the Big East. I would love to play for Coach(Greg) McDermott. He develops players well and can get me to the next level.”

Oregon: “My first conversation was great and I liked them a lot. They have great facilities that will be able to help me take my game to the next level. There system and fan support is like no other. Coach (Dana) Altman does a great job with keeping the guys going hard and playing there heart out. I could definitely see myself playing there.”

You’re guessing or know?

Educated guess based on playing time. He's not coming here to be a 4th guard and he's not playing over MCW's brother. He will have an easier time getting time there with Pritchard gone.

Educated guess based on playing time. He's not coming here to be a 4th guard and he's not playing over MCW's brother. He will have an easier time getting time there with Pritchard gone.

I get what you’re saying. He does seem like he’s capable of playing either backcourt spot and may have to sit out a year (depending on transfer rules). Being a jersey kid maybe he’s always wanted to play at SU. Who knows but if playing time takes precedence, then yeah I think Oregon would make most sense.

*I'm having trouble embedding the tweet for some reason, but I just saw from Zagoria that Estrada's plan is to take some officials in May. He's hoping everything has blown over by then and travel and campus visits are more reasonable then. Chances are we'll be the second visit, which kind of stinks. Look for the staff to try and secure the commitment on the visit.

*This entire post is a damn lie I made up just now because there is no real 'crootin news.

there is nothing in his statement that indicates he has spoken to the staff. anyone could make those comments. the only coach of the three that he actually mentions speaking to is dana altman
You hit the nail on the head here. Doesn't seem like we are recruiting him with both Waters and Donna pumping the brakes.

Creighton: “I watched Creighton play a few times. It is definitely a great place to play, great coaching staff all the way around, and also great competition in the Big East. I would love to play for Coach(Greg) McDermott. He develops players well and can get me to the next level.”

Oregon: “My first conversation was great and I liked them a lot. They have great facilities that will be able to help me take my game to the next level. There system and fan support is like no other. Coach (Dana) Altman does a great job with keeping the guys going hard and playing there heart out. I could definitely see myself playing there.”

Thanks for posting those, he clearly has a copy/paste template for responding about his recruitment process, heavy on the "getting ready for the next level." I admire his career goal setting and his PR team has their act together, even if he is taking some liberties with who is actually on his trail. A 4th guard with social media savvy, and a quirky left handed game with an outside shot would not be the worst thing, but it doesn't sound like he'll ever even make it to campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom