Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Thanks for your insight, Jordoo.

However even at 55%, it sounds like a coin flip.

Meaning either Dakota decides to come or he decides to go somewhere else. It is hard to put all the eggs in one basket and to wait.

Believe that is why JAB would at times recruit multiple players for a position and then take the first one that commits. That way changes the expectation if a recruit commits or not.

it appears that for some reason Red’s eggs for a point guard is based on Leffew. Hope Syracuse does not end up with egg on their faces.
That isn't what Jim did for the most part he went after a primary and focused on that one player.

That isn't what Jim did for the most part he went after a primary and focused on that one player.
Recent memories regarding point guards remembered he used the invite several and grab the first one that commits.

History tells us that portal transfers tend to transfer to a school closer to home.

There are exceptions but this is how things usually go.

Hoping for the best but expecting him to pick one of the SEC schools.
And that is why we should have moved on
When he kept going on more visits even if he chooses us.
Fran understands the game, extend an invitation, but continue pursuing other targets.
Red needs to get used to the way the game is played.

We also sat on scholarships when we couldn't get said player... I expect Red will at least have a plan B and C and we'll get someone and use our available scholarships.

Fran understands the game, extend an invitation, but continue pursuing other targets.

Do you have some inside info on this as fact in this instance?... That we are sitting on our hands and waiting and not pursuing elsewhere??

Reports are we have also reached out to Carlos from Hofstra and I bet there are probably others...

Last edited:
Not true. Quade Green specifically.

People still say there was no Plan B for Quade Green even though we got that transfer from USF and Jalen Carey when Quade went to Kentucky. I know it didn't work out but we got a veteran double figure scorer and a top 50 recruit. In my opinion that's a great plan B. There is always a plan B. I've never seen any evidence that any coach is just sitting around forgetting to recruit or choosing not to do the besics of his job despite how often fans seem to worry about it. Sometimes players don't pan out, sometimes recruits choose other schools but to act like recruiting isn't happening at all behind the scenes is crazy.

Off topic but you also see it during games. Whenever a team doesn't score fans act like the coach didn't call a play. People said it about Boeheoim for 40 years and were wrong 100% of the time. I just heard some guy say the same about Spolestra in the playoffs. Crazy.

People still say there was no Plan B for Quade Green even though we got that transfer from USF and Jalen Carey when Quade went to Kentucky. I know it didn't work out but we got a veteran double figure scorer and a top 50 recruit. In my opinion that's a great plan B. There is always a plan B. I've never seen any evidence that any coach is just sitting around forgetting to recruit or choosing not to do the besics of his job despite how often fans seem to worry about it. Sometimes players don't pan out, sometimes recruits choose other schools but to act like recruiting isn't happening at all behind the scenes is crazy.

Off topic but you also see it during games. Whenever a team doesn't score fans act like the coach didn't call a play. People said it about Boeheoim for 40 years and were wrong 100% of the time. I just heard some guy say the same about Spolestra in the playoffs. Crazy.

I don’t think I suggested there wasn’t a plan B.
I said we waited until Quade decided. That’s a fact

Just being devil's advocate -- don't have a horse in this argument.

But why "should" we move on? We can still land this player.

I can see getting involved with other prospects, to hedge, but see no good reason for moving on when this is still a winnable competition.

Just being devil's advocate -- don't have a horse in this argument.

But why "should" we move on? We can still land this player.

I can see getting involved with other prospects, to hedge, but see no good reason for moving on when this is still a winnable competition.

Why move on?

TO SEND A MESSAGE!

Was wondering what was going on at Wisconsin. Gard seems to be taking a lot of heat. I suppose there they just focus on football and he has to make chicken salad out of chicken sht.
yep it's why Storr and Hepburn are gonezo

Why move on?

TO SEND A MESSAGE!

nah... if he is our # 1 and is deciding this week, we wait while pursuing other options...

If the window was closing this week, different story so we don't get caught standing when the musical chairs stop...

nah... if he is our # 1 and is deciding this week, we wait while pursuing other options...

If the window was closing this week, different story so we don't get caught standing when the musical chairs stop...

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

I can’t believe we can’t afford lower level recruits and that HCAA is sitting in his office playing tetris on his iPhone while he waits to see where Dakota is going to play next season.Because we all know he goes all in on one recruit at a time. That’s how winning is done folks. I think I’ll send him the link to clash royale to pass more time while he’s sitting on his buttcheeks, feet up on his desk with orange stained fingers from eating cheetos all day.

Your timeline is all off. Jalen Carey was in the class after Quade Green (2017 vs 2018). He wasn’t Plan B for Quade. Geno Thorpe from USF came in as a transfer for 2017-18 when Quade was still a high school senior. He also was not PlanB.

Btw, According to multiple posters and Dean Francis, JB turned down SGA to continue pursuing Quade. I think it’s indisputable that he made some bad recruiting calls and decisions in his later years not to pursue players we had a real shot at getting. Monte Morris. Jalen Brunson. Kevin Huerter.

Last edited:
yep schools like MN and Wisc are way behind
Maybe they are just saying screw this, this is ridiculous and we are not paying children who receive a free education. Especially on the basketball side. Should be the same for football, however might be another story on the football side for both of them

Okay, And get who? What if he is the guy that Red wants. What if Red, the Basketball coach, thinks this kid is much better than the other guys we are looking at. What if Red thinks we have a pretty good shot at the kid. We don't know the answers for any of that. We just don't know what we don't know. And that is why we wait just a day or so more. How does that hurt us?

Okay, And get who? What if he is the guy that Red wants. What if Red, the Basketball coach, thinks this kid is much better than the other guys we are looking at. What if Red thinks we have a pretty good shot at the kid. We don't know the answers for any of that. We just don't know what we don't know. And that is why we wait just a day or so more. How does that hurt us?
Agreed not to mention the idea that Red is just sitting there waiting for Leffew to answer and not reaching out to other players is absurd. They have alternate plans.

Your timeline is all off. Jalen Carey was in the class after Quade Green (2017 vs 2018). He wasn’t Plan B for Quade. Geno Thorpe from USF came in as a transfer for 2017-18 when Quade was still a high school senior.

Btw, According to multiple posters and Dean Francis, JB turned down SGA to continue pursuing Quade. I think it’s indisputable that he made some bad recruiting calls and decisions in his later years not to pursue players we had a real shot at getting. Monte Morris. Jalen Brunson. Kevin Huerter.
Jim went after one. Was all in. 100%