Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Yup, the ACC needs to be better. Pretty sure Clemson won 23 games 2 years ago and got snubbed from the tournament.
Yeah well if we won 23 this year and those wins were Tennessee, Duke and Clemson we would have been a helluva lot better than a 9 or 10 seed. We only won 19 division one games this year. One was Chaminade.

Too bad I missed that last Powerball jackpot. I would have sent up an endowment that would cover all NIL needs for the foreseeable future. All I would ask in return is free nachos with everything at every home game.

There would be signs if I won.

This thread is making me thirsty.
You're a legend for that.

George Costanza Pretzel GIF

23-8 is a solid old time Syracuse baseline season. That means we are likely ranked 15-25. I sure hope that happens.
Probably more like receiving votes. Certainly better than we have been but this is just clearing the bar. If making the tournament is all that matters and seed positioning doesn’t factor in to red then so be it, but I’d like to see us gun for protected seeds.

You guys think this thread will be longer than Quade Green’s?
Only if he commits somewhere else, then decommits from them after we have about 50 pages of recriminations, then Decommits, creating another 50 pages. Then visits Syracuse again.

Tweeting pictures of himself in different basketball uniforms the whole way.

Total board meltdown, longest thread ever.

23-8 with our schedule last year probably would not have gotten us better than a 9-10 seed.
Depending on where the 23 wins came from it might have been possible.I think all 2-3 seeds had at least 8 losses this year or at least 7 losses

You are confusing the other side of the equation of market forces.

If the product owner values his product at x, but the magnet thinks it's only worth x-y, then the product owner needs to reduce the price or risk not having a sale.

It's the essence of negotiating a deal. If Leffew gets a better offer, we need to accept the risk of losing him if we can't come up with more funds. Or how he loves Syracuse and his prospective situation so much he's willing to take less. I took a lower paying job when I was 24 because I could literally play video games half the time I was on the clock. (Too bad that place went under, I'd still be there.) Maybe Leffew feels that strongly about Syracuse.

If Leffew negotiates too hard, he could have all the teams move on and be forced to accept an offer significantly worse than what we already offered. We might even take him for 100k to be a backup if things go badly enough for him...

When Boras (the biggest MLB agent) screws up the contract negotiating badly enough for one of his clients, he has them sign a one year deal for a high average value, but not as many years as they wanted. He calls it a "pillow contract" as a way to soften the blow.

But every year is a pillow year in college basketball free agency, so the risk is even higher for college kids and the total rewards are lower. Thus, market forces should bring down pricing as the music comes to an end.

In the other hand, Red could get fired if we play a season without a quality point guard, so if he's holding back available resources to stick to his idea of x, I think he's got to blink at some point.

Unless, of course, we literally have no more to offer. Then we're back to the beginnings of this whole conversation.
Keep it simple folks, as John Smith said, "something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it".