Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big-time. I think folks underrate the current roster and talent significantly. Way too much worry over Dior. Hot take but Kadary is going to resemble a top 20 recruit far more than a top 100.
People forgetting he was dominating in practice at Brewster with the highly regarded UK commit Clarke and some other really good players. End of season he was playing excellent ball there. Kadary is legit and the preseason hype is warranted. Still stings losing Dior but I think deep down lots of people knew this wasn't happening. Lots of good options out there still...just hope the dior situation doesn't hurt us in the long run. (Lots thought it would help us with recruiting and getting other top players to join. That didn't happen) Roddy could be a casualty from Dior being committed too...if we can't flip him.

Dior was going to be a major headache for the next two years and the coaching staff knew it. He would never have qualified. You can’t go school hopping every four months and think the kid has any real chance of becoming eligible. It’s best now to move on. No one is to blame but Dior. I’m glad the staff didn’t try to hang on because it would have left us with few options down the road. Hopefully, this gives us a shot at Gayle.

Dior was going to be a major headache for the next two years and the coaching staff knew it. He would never have qualified. You can’t go school hopping every four months and think the kid has any real chance of becoming eligible. It’s best now to move on. No one is to blame but Dior. I’m glad the staff didn’t try to hang on because it would have left us with few options down the road. Hopefully, this gives us a shot at Gayle.
Bryce lindsey go get him

Brent Axe said that academic problems might have bene an issue. With all the school changes, it might be hard to qualify.

Maybe someday he'll be on the same team with Darius Bazley.
He's been to a half-dozen schools. Academic red flags all over the place.

In other news I really do believe* that this is the year that Boeheim drops the zone a bit so we can press more.

*That's a lie.

Gonna go 10 deep and just rotate bodies and keep everybody FRESH, while pressing the pants off the other teams!

_________(insert name of guy with dime a dozen athleticism at the D-1 level) will be a terror in the press off the bench!!

I really do think people are underrating Kadary. He was a top 80 kid
Cool, we have been living off top 80 kids for a while now and why we can't even make the "also receiving votes" section of relevancy.

Between Robert Washington, DB and this kid I think I’m numb to it all.
Robert Washington had about 100 career yards at Charlotte. A head case who did zero.

Robert Washington had about 100 career yards at Charlotte. A head case who did zero.
The point is, these premium recruits are still high-school kids and unpredictable at best. As it gets easier to choose to go pro, year by year, this stuff happens.

Swinging and missing on all these top recruits is UNACCEPTABLE
How about that we have been a bubble team for 5+ straight years now? Doesn't that start to become aggravating at some point? We're basically Pitt or Notre Dame.

Cool, we have been living off top 80 kids for a while now and why we can't even make the "also receiving votes" section of relevancy.

We were #16 preseason two years ago.

But overall...it’s been a weird mixture of not as good of recruiting but then hitting on some recruits that unexpectedly go pro early. Ideally we find a sweet spot of top 50 type recruits that stay 4 years.

How about that we have been a bubble team for 5+ straight years now? Doesn't that start to become aggravating at some point? We're basically Pitt or Notre Dame.

I just wanted to use the word unacceptable in all caps...

Would love to see us try a lineup of:
Kadary
Braswell
Marek
Frank
Edwards

Sure we’ll suck on offense, but imagine the LENGTH in the ZONE.

*sorry if I jumped the gun and randomly threw this in this thread. Been a long offseason and a pretend return to normalcy is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.