Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a buddy who said he was good at Pickup Basketball and I asked him how many points he scored, he paused and clarified, good at defense.
I could always tell a guy wasn't any good when they said they were good on defense. They can ses they can't shoot so they think they must be good at defense.

I mean it's raggedy. If you want to leave your home looking like a slob, be my guest.
Lol this guy definitely hates the suit he wears to work everyday

I dunno. There’s a difference—to me—between dealing with the shame, stress, and guilt of accepting illegal compensation and embroiling yourself and your family in what Zion is going through now... versus the completely ‘proper’ entrance into the GLeague.

500 grand is a lot, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it were enough for him to seriously consider forgoing a single year of Carrier Dome cheers. I mean, the kid has (at least) two phones...

Im here to tell you, that the 2 phone thing is NOT unusual. I work with inner city youth and lots of them have 2 phones, even some of the ones that can barely afford food or clothes. I don’t know what the obsession is with 2 phones, but it’s sort of becoming “normal” to see it

we haven’t reached the point (not even close) where it’s weird to see a kid with only one, but I’d bet it’s getting closer to 20% of kids with 2 phones, at least in my area

Im here to tell you, that the 2 phone thing is NOT unusual. I work with inner city youth and lots of them have 2 phones, even some of the ones that can barely afford food or clothes. I don’t know what the obsession is with 2 phones, but it’s sort of becoming “normal” to see it

we haven’t reached the point (not even close) where it’s weird to see a kid with only one, but I’d bet it’s getting closer to 20% of kids with 2 phones, at least in my area
I blame Daryll Gross

I could always tell a guy wasn't any good when they said they were good on defense. They can ses they can't shoot so they think they must be good at defense.
I would laugh each time he told me that and say 'that means you're not good at pickup ball' where being good at defense is like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.

I was half joking about that, as some sort of symbol of a ‘baller’ lifestyle. Either as a truth or an aspiration. Half joking.

I think the “obsession” comes from having seen rappers and athletes with them. So, whether or not there’s a legitimate need, it’s now ‘fashion.’

Last edited:
It's not just pajamas. You don't go outside in stuff you sleep in. For me, it's a sign of laziness that you can't be bothered to put something else on.
He didn’t wear the pajamas to school he changed into them before tryouts.

It's not just pajamas. You don't go outside in stuff you sleep in. For me, it's a sign of laziness that you can't be bothered to put something else on.

On the other hand maybe its a question of efficiency and opportunity cost. I think you may waste a lot of time changing between the stuff you sleep in and the stuff you go outside in.

I mean it's raggedy. If you want to leave your home looking like a slob, be my guest.
My pajamas are from Tommy John (softest in the world and not cheap). Basically have lived in them since March ;)

On the other hand maybe its a question of efficiency and opportunity cost. I think you may waste a lot of time changing between the stuff you sleep in and the stuff you go outside in.
If I wore outside what I wore to bed I'd be arrested, punched, or molested.

If someone claims they’re “good on defense” in pickup games, that really means they hack and grab a lot and everybody hates playing with them.

Can't wait to Dior in the Dome/Stadium...
That pass! And the finish is nice too...
Obvious chemistry between the two. You can only imagine the chemistry of two high IQ and athletic players as Dior and Zion after 2 years together. Gonna be pick your poison!

It's cool to not care what anybody thinks and look lazy, silly, smelly, and unkempt. If you have any standards and care how you present yourself to others you are old and out of touch.
It could also be a sign of impoverishment. You should try thinking about people’s circumstances before you judge them. He may not have had parents with the financial means to buy new athletic wear or not had any other clean or unripped clothes on that day because his parents couldn’t afford to do laundry. I knew kids in high school who faced these kinds of issues.

If I wore outside what I wore to bed I'd be arrested, punched, or molested.
So you’re just smelly and nasty? Sounds like a personal problem. And molested? The *explicit* ??

It could also be a sign of impoverishment. You should try thinking about people’s circumstances before you judge them. He may not have had parents with the financial means to buy new athletic wear or not had any other clean or unripped clothes on that day because his parents couldn’t afford to do laundry. I knew kids in high school who faced these kinds of issues.
Seriously? Going right to the he must only wear pajamas and a hoodie because he's poor card.
He can travel across the country every year to play HS basketball with a different team but he's too poor to wear anything besides the clothes he wears to bed every night despite the fact of all the other clothes we see him in he posts from his Instagram page from his smart phone as a HS Soph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom