Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know how things turn out. Stranger things can happen like... Buddy stubs his toe next year or thumb ;-) and requests a medical redshirt. He then gets to finish his senior year with Johnson. The team dominates concluding with a national championship. Then Buddy, Johnson, and Boeheim ride off into the sunset. :)

I’m with Niastri!

I didn’t see any threads on this guy just some combo thing thatwas attempting to be funny.

The top rated 2022 recruit to commit so far! A top 25 ESPN. Guy who says he’s going to help get others!

I read this board daily and found out about this from ESPN.

Wow. Like to hear more about this guy.
As was said above. It takes almost no effort to click on the recruiting page. I do it every time I get on the syracusefan board. This page is for the most part, about this years team.

I have not had the time to read through this thread. But it's hard for me to get excited about a guy this far out - if he was a 2020 recruit sure. But there is so much time between this commitment and him actually suiting up for Cuse that I think it's more likely than not that we never see him in Orange. I hope I'm wrong of course!
if you had read through the thread, i think your opinion in all likelihood would be quite different. the two key points that you'd discover:

• dior himself has made it absolutely clear that he is 100% syracuse if he goes to college. there is as close to zero doubt there as you can get
  • other posters have pointed out that any nba rule change allowing kids to enter directly from high school is most likely to occur in 2023 or after, therefore not impacting dior

Last edited:
When the tread drifts into Dior's crew, etc., we don't want to be scolded for going off topic.
Why do we need TWO different threads talking about the same player.

Let others (outside Syracuse) run with the narrative that he may never play in college, not us. He committed and plans to play here. Now let's just stock the cupboard and get the 'Cuse back to where it belongs. Enjoy it... life is too short to be cynical on things like this. I'm excited as hell.
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF MY PESSIMISM!
or
I WAS BORN THIS WAY! IT’S NOT A CHOICE!

Is there any idea when there would be a final decision on when the One and Done rule would be eliminated? I would think the NBA would want to finalize it before a league year starts, so if no decision is made by Summer 2021 then Dior could go to Cuse.

Is there any idea when there would be a final decision on when the One and Done rule would be eliminated? I would think the NBA would want to finalize it before a league year starts, so if no decision is made by Summer 2021 then Dior could go to Cuse.

The current CBA runs through at least 2023 when both sides can mutually opt out, but with revenue down this year it may not be until 2024. There’s no incentive right now for either side to negotiate mid CBA. Owners aren’t going to want to create more “jobs” and players don’t want to take less money...

If there were ever to be a (momentary) exception to the ‘separation of church and state’ rule, this should be the one. Pretty hyooge news. Even though I frequent the recruiting forum, i first got the hint about this yesterday from someone on this forum. It’s “kind of a big deal.”

You never know how things turn out. Stranger things can happen like... Buddy stubs his toe next year or thumb ;-) and requests a medical redshirt. He then gets to finish his senior year with Johnson. The team dominates concluding with a national championship. Then Buddy, Johnson, and Boeheim ride off into the sunset. :)
im getting The Last Crusade vibe... riding those horses.

I have not had the time to read through this thread. But it's hard for me to get excited about a guy this far out - if he was a 2020 recruit sure. But there is so much time between this commitment and him actually suiting up for Cuse that I think it's more likely than not that we never see him in Orange. I hope I'm wrong of course!

Just be happy.

Cruz reminds me of a Russell Westbrook. Cruz or Westry with Dior wow! Not to mention a senior JG3 will be here! Could have a backcourt like 2012 with Scoop, Triche, and Dion (with MCW as 4th option).

Creating his own path and bringing along his friends. All love from the Cuse...
Screenshot_20200208-141553_Instagram.jpg

Edit: Syracuse on the front of the shirt...
Screenshot_20200208-142400_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Cruz reminds me of a Russell Westbrook. Cruz or Westry with Dior wow! Not to mention a senior JG3 will be here! Could have a backcourt like 2012 with Scoop, Triche, and Dion (with MCW as 4th option).

Cruz definitely has some Westbrook/Zach lavine

if you had read through the thread, i think your opinion in all likelihood would be quite different. the two key points that you'd discover:

• dior himself has made it absolutely clear that he is 100% syracuse if he goes to college. there is as close to zero doubt there as you can get
  • other posters have pointed out that any nba rule change allowing kids to enter directly from high school is most likely to occur in 2023 or after, therefore not impacting dior
Thanks Moqui! I want to see him in Orange as much as anyone! Cheers and Let's Go Orange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom