Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

cuse10

All Conference
The kid said his grandparents' health was one of the primary reasons for the transfer - Iona brings him home. They've also been to the NCAAT for the last four consecutive years, so it's not like he's going to Rutgers.
Wouldn't be able to go to Rutgers as they're in conference. The B1G to the MAAC is a significant drop in competition. Could have gone to Seton Hall or St. John's if he wanted to be local.

RealMcNeil

Master of the House / Keeper of the Inn
Wouldn't be able to go to Rutgers as they're in conference. The B1G to the MAAC is a significant drop in competition. Could have gone to Seton Hall or St. John's if he wanted to be local.
SMH - I wasn't saying he was going to Rutgers. And re: Seton Hall or St. John's - you also need to see a path to playing time with roster construction (coaching also a big factor). Seton Hall has a few solid guards already in place, and St. John's is a tire fire right now. He's going to play for Cluess (who turned down St. John's, and where there's an existing relationship), in a system that better suits his style of play. Most importantly, I wasn't arguing that he's playing in an inferior conference or any of that nonsense. I was explaining that a lot of factors go into this type of decision, and it's not wholly dependent on one's ability to compete in a certain conference, etc.

Top Bottom