Class of 2017 - PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

Isaiah went for 36 in the Elite 24 game tonight, mostly matched up going head to head and one-on-one against Duval. 36 is the second most all time in the game, although it went into OT. Duval has some of the tightest/quickest handle I've seen in a while and he is currently the superior player. However, Washington has some of that dog in him and gets buckets... it was great for an unranked kid in his hometown against the #1 ranked PG. I wouldn't be mad if we had this kid.

Would we be better off with green for 1 year or Washington for 4

No question Duval is the #1 PG and would be a great addition for one year (if he even goes to school). But Washington could be a great 4-year guy running the show (although Howard would have something to say about that).

No question Duval is the #1 PG and would be a great addition for one year (if he even goes to school). But Washington could be a great 4-year guy running the show (although Howard would have something to say about that).
Washington sure looks good in the all-star game/park ball setting, and he has skills. Sometimes it is hard to figure out how his skills would translate in a more structured game. I can't figure out why he isn't in the top 50, at least. Is that it, do the evaluators see him as undisciplined?

Washington sure looks good in the all-star game/park ball setting, and he has skills. Sometimes it is hard to figure out how his skills would translate in a more structured game. I can't figure out why he isn't in the top 50, at least. Is that it, do the evaluators see him as undisciplined?

ESPN was getting killed for this on twitter last night. Apparently they have 31 PG's ahead of him. I think he was just somewhat under the radar, but he is more of a scorer than a distributor.

Would we be better off with green for 1 year or Washington for 4

You mean Green for 1 year or Washington for 2. There is no 4 anymore.

Between Green, Coleman, and Washington we are gonna get one hell of a good point guard, this I have no doubt about.

Washington's all around floor game and showmanship remind me of Scoop Jardine.

Francis who is SU looking good with for the PG spot; are we going after Washington?

I didn't find this very enjoyable to watch.

I saw two PGs who had little or no interest in passing the ball or running an offense, going one on one, looking to humiliate each other in front of a crowd egging them on to do just that.

They both played horrific defense.

Washington has good quickness, great agility and looks like he can hit a mid range jumper consistently. Didn't see much ability to jump. Playing against Duval would make anyone look suspect on defense but he often didn't engage him for more than a second or two.

He can finish on the break and even at the highest levels get inside or get off jumpers using his quickness to generate space. Can he pass it? Can he run an offense? Can he play defense?

Not sure. I like a pass first PG more, especially given all the scorer types SU has been attracting. He would be fun to watch, that much is for sure...

I'm under the impression that if the Staff were to offer, Washington would more than likely commit.

I'm under the impression that if the Staff were to offer, Washington would more than likely commit.
Unfortunately for Isaiah, who is an incredibly talented point guard, he is behind Quade on Syracuse's wish list. If we don't get Quade, Isaiah would be a wonderful consolation, if he is willing to be that. Otherwise, he is going to be very good somewhere else, and I hope we don't have to face him.